• After a long hiatus, the Scavenger Hunt is returning! Sign Up is now open HERE!

Character How much will the tier list change in Shin Pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherlock Holmes

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
We have been given some blatant foreshadowing for a while now, so who do you think is going to get stronger/weaker?

Those are my guesses:

Seigaku:
Momo and Kaidoh are going to have some godlike development. Momo became Oni's rival, and assuming he is going to beat the man who defeated Kintarou, we can assume he is going to get veeery strong.

Kikumaru/Oishi/Kawamura/Inui: I think they are going to stay the same. Not going to improve at all.

Tezuka: He will get Yukimura syndrome sooner or later.

Fuji: Due to massive popularity, will get stronger.

Echizen:...You are kidding, right?

Fudomine:
Shinji-Getting a little stronger
Kamio-Getting a lot stronger
Tachibana-Fodder for Kamio in a dramatic match later.

Hyotei:
Atobe-Mr.Popularity is going to become stronger, for sure. He will still remain in the same tier ranking, or maybe will go to Rank SS. Depends on what Konomi does with him.
Hiyoshi-Going to slowly become Echizen levels of broken, but by then Echizen will be Super Saiyan 123.
Oshitari-Going to get stronger.
Cancer-Going to get cancer and die.
Kabaji-Fodder. THAT'S.ALL.HE.IS.USEFUL.FOR.
Jiro-Strong enough to beat Marui, in the most angst free match ever.

Shiten:
Kintarou- Will become Echizen's "VERY slightly weaker clone"
Shiraishi- Will become the strongest player in Shiten.
Chitose - Will be used as fodder by SOMEONE.
Gay pair- They are going to have a comedy duel against David/Bane...And will be defeated!
Kenya-Will play Oshitari...No idea about the result.
Gin- Will be ignored.
Zaizen- Will become at least A ranked.

Rikkai:
Everyone will become God level.
...right right, I'll do this properly:

Yagyuu/Niou: Considering that Niou had a fairly large role last chapter, I'd say he is getting a bigger role...therefore, he is getting stronger. Yagyuu too.
Kirihara:"DEFEAT THE THREE RIKKAI DEMOOOOONS" Yeah, getting stronger. I can see him taking down Renji after a few training montages, but not Sanada or Yuki.
Yuki: Getting Tezuka syndrome.
Sanada: Becoming God level.
Bunta: PLaying against Jiro.
Jackal: Getting ignored. No one gives a damn about him.

Last edited by a moderator:

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting ideas. My thoughts:

Seigaku:
Momoshiro and Kaidoh have both been hyped as having huge potential, so I think they'll both advance a lot. They'll reach the big leagues and at least get to around Fuji's level.

Fuji will get stronger now that he seems to be more serious, and Tezuka will keep advancing. I can see him being the next one to reach Tenimuhou. Echizen will be Echizen.

Inui will advance some, but won't be close to the Big 5 from Seigaku.

Oishi, Kikumaru and Taka will just have nominal advancements.

Fudoumine:
Tachibana is free of his guilt, so he'll finally start to realize his true potential.

Kamio: Like Kaidoh and Hiyoshi, he's the heir-apparent for the Captain role, so I think he'll improve a lot. He'll probably surpass Kikumaru in speed and become more well rounded over all.

Shinji: He has a lot of potential, so he'll probably step up more than in the past.

St. Rudolph:
Mizuki: He's finally going to show his true potential. I think he'll advance quite a bit, but I'm not sure how much.

Yuuta: He won't be up there with the big boys, but he'll start to show signs of being as talented as his brother.

Yamabuki:
Akutsu: He'll at least reach Sanada or Tezuka level, and possibly surpass them. I could even see him keeping pace with Echizen.

Sengoku: He'll finally stop being used as a stepping stone and show his real talent. I think he can at least reach the level of the lower ranked players on Rikkaidai.

Minami/Higashitaka: I have no clue, but I hope they get some development.

Hyoutei:
Atobe: He'll keep up with the elite class players and probably surpass Sanada again.

Oshitari: He's going to advance a hell of a lot, given that he's both hugely popular and also has been shown to be really talented. I think he'll at least reach the 3 Monsters plateau (in other words, I think he can surpass Yanagi).

Hiyoshi: He's been set up to advance a lot, but I doubt he'll keep up with Kaidoh. He'll be a lot stronger by the end of all this, though.

Kabaji: He'll start to realize more of his potential and become an absolute monster.

Jirou: He'll surpass Marui.

Silver Pair: They'll both get a little stronger, but not by that much.

Rokkaku:
Amane: His puns will get even worse, and he'll also get stronger. Remember, he kicked Hiyoshi's ass, so I think he could have higher potential than him.

Kurobane: Who knows?

Rikkaidai:
Yukimura: He'll show his true potential.

Sanada: He'll surpass Yukimura, but then have Yukimura surpass him again.

Yanagi: He'll mostly remain stationary, I think.

Kirihara: He'll surpass Yanagi at last, and fully realize Devil Mode.

Yagyuu: He'll continue to evolve his play style and become a force to be reckoned with.

Niou: Momo and Oshitari will surpass him in trickiness, but he'll probably get even better at copying people.

Marui: Stepping stone for Jirou.

Jackal: Stepping stone for Kaidoh.

Higa:
Kite: He'll show why he was considered to be so talented, and will keep up with the other Captains.

Kai: He'll learn how to hold a tennis racket properly.

Hirakoba/Chinen/Tanishi: No clue.

Shitenhouji:
Shiraishi: He'll develop a new style of tennis that allows to have fun and also allows him to use his Bible at the same time. He'll reach the top level of the middle school players.

Chitose: He'll at least reach the level Tezuka was at when he beat him.

Kintarou: He'll keep pace with Echizen.

Gin: He'll continue to evolve as a power player and we'll see more of his style.

Koharu/Yuuji: They'll develop synchro for real, leave briefly to rally with gay marriage supporters in California, and then return having developed the ultimate tennis style in the world.

Zaizen: He'll shown why he's a genius.

Kenya: Kamio's stepping stone.

Others:
Liliadent: His style will evolve to allow him to defile all religious organizations, not just Christianity.

Kadowaki: He'll develop Super Tennis for real and own Kazuya.

Richard: Falls to his death.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Koharu/Yuuji: They'll develop synchro for real, leave briefly to rally with gay marriage supporters in California, and then return having developed the ultimate tennis style in the world.
I assume that means they are going to be trained by the governator, right?

Niou: Momo and Oshitari will surpass him in trickiness, but he'll probably get even better at copying people.
Somehow, I don't see that happening. Not the whole "momo and oshitari surpassing him" thing, but him getting better at copying people.

His copies were essentially a huge swindle, so I don't think he will stray away from the path of mind raping, even if he gets surpassed.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Richard: Ends his life
Kadowaki: Sent to the hospital
Jackal: Moves back to Brazil and is never seen again
Gay pair: Both get aids and are forced to quit tennis

*tries to think of more useless characters*

Yamabuki: Everyone gets sent home besides Akutsu and Sengoku
Horio: Gets banned from even looking at someone play tennis
Tanishi: Becomes too heavy to walk and forced to quit tennis
Chinen: Kills himself due to his lack of popularity
Arai: Don't even get me started

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I assume that means they are going to be trained by the governator, right?
Naturally. Before leaving they'll comment "We'll be back"

Somehow, I don't see that happening. Not the whole "momo and oshitari surpassing him" thing, but him getting better at copying people.

His copies were essentially a huge swindle, so I don't think he will stray away from the path of mind raping, even if he gets surpassed.
It seems like the most logical way for him to improve. He'll still excel at mind raping, but by getting better at copying, he would be able to add a new level to his mind raping. He could constantly change his style, and his opponents would get freaked out because they wouldn't know what was coming. I don't think he'll become like Kabaji and just copy everything perfectly, but I think he'll add a new layer to his copying abilities in order to trip up his opponents.

Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Naturally. Before leaving they'll comment "We'll be back"
Then they will say "We give up" in the middle of a match, and proceed to score a point, and then say "We lied" right?

It seems like the most logical way for him to improve. He'll still excel at mind raping, but by getting better at copying, he would be able to add a new level to his mind raping. He could constantly change his style, and his opponents would get freaked out because they wouldn't know what was coming. I don't think he'll become like Kabaji and just copy everything perfectly, but I think he'll add a new layer to his copying abilities in order to trip up his opponents.
I don't know, it would make him too cliche. Given that he didn't try to mind rape Yagyuu, I think he is not particularly fond of copying people.

I can totally see him using that as PART of his techniques, but not as his main technique.
Also, I love that both Momo and Niou are in the losers side. That means they can play doubles.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Future captains:
They have a problem with popularity, but they will improve a lot:
-Maybe Momo will learn how to copy: remember when he copied Inui when he lost his place as regular? It was funny and accurate.For me, it's the worse of Seigaku, he need a lot to improve, first of all, getting a true style.
-Kaidoh should perfect his Laser/Snake. Become faster, not just stamina. And Devil Mode, of course
-Hiyoshi...I have no idea how he could be better. Copying Atobe abilities would be a bit lame
-Kirihara: He will be the best of Rikkai. I'm sure. Remember he has Muga + Devil Mode: getting Pinnacles + Devil Mode + copied shots thanks Muga would be absolutely amazing. He has everything to triumph, and he'll do it.
-Zaizen: He will rock. I don´t how, but he will crush the world.

Popular characters/Captains
More and more anti-Physic-laws moves and Auras.
-Ryoma will learn Kamehameha,
-Rai will evolve to Instant Teleporting
-Atobe will begin to own his rivals playing with closed eyes,just like Fuji.
-Fuji will get a wand like Link in Wind Waker and control,thanks to the wind, the flow of the ball.
-Kikumaru will, literally, fly several meters and improves his Kage Bunshin no Jutsu. He and his copies will make and alternative U-17
-The rest, impossible things. Again, they will be fodder compared to Ryoma

The rest of characters They won´t advance

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I pretty much agree with Sherlock...not much to add...

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Momoshiro will become a monster, he will learn Black Jack Knife, and like proceed to have 108 styles of Jack Knife :facepalm

Kaidoh will never use Devil mode. He's gonna be a beast too.

Hiyoshi will have the power of controlling Kabaji.

The end.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
My predictions:

SSS tier
Echizen
Kintarou

SS tier
Yukimura
Sanada
Tezuka
Fuji
Atobe
Shiraishi
Akutsu

S tier
Tachibana
Kirihara
Renji
Yagyuu
Sengoku
Kite

A tier
Kamio
Nioh
Kaidoh
Hiyoshi
Zaizen
Jirou
Marui
Oshitari
Mizuki
Krauser

B tier
Momo
Kikumaru
Chitose
Rin
Shinji

The rest is somewhere below, I think. There are simply too many players to make a complete list.

Also, I'm too lazy to comment on everyone, especially since a lot was mentioned before, so if you disagree on anything, feel free to ask.

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm given Konomi is still human and I'm still wondering how long Shin will be a lot of players I think will fall of completely.

Pretty much everyone but, Echizen, Atobe (Popularity), Fuji (Popularity), Tezuka, and Kintarou.

Sanada and Yuki, I'm iffy on. They don't have the fan base of Atobe or Fuji. Nor the strong link to Echizen like Tezuka or Kintarou. I kind of see Sanada developing his black aura to only lose to a U-17 regular. He'll beat Yuki but I don't see him sticking till the end.

I have sinking feeling that Tezuka will eventually be stronger than both Yuki and Sanada (Sanada, I will never play you again...) by the end of this manga. He'll probably right below Echizen and Kin-chan.

So, it'll probably look like this at the end...

Echizen
Kin-chan
1 Random High Schooler
Tezuka
Atobe Fear the Power of Popularity!
1 or 2 Random High Schoolers
Fuji Fear the Power of Popularity!
1 or 2 Random High Schoolers
Sanada
Yukimura
Shirashi/Akutsu/Tachibana/Chitose
Kirihara/Momo/Kadioh/Hyoshi/Zaizen
Renji/Nioh/Yagyuu/Inui

Everyone else....

Granted, this list is subject to constant change and is completely arbitrary. Also, this is just for singles doubles is totally different. I kind almost see the golden pair playing in doubles 2...other than that...nobody.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ah well, I didn't include any of the Highschoolers yet as they weren't properly introduced yet.

Sea Dragon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You know, I'm not even going to try to create a tier list. It involves so many predictions and so many possibilities that I'm really not up for it at the moment. What I can say is this: the high schoolers are going to force many of the middle schoolers to achieve limits they have never thought possible before... take Sanada, or Momoshiro, for example.

Sanada and Yuki, I'm iffy on. They don't have the fan base of Atobe or Fuji. Nor the strong link to Echizen like Tezuka or Kintarou. I kind of see Sanada developing his black aura to only lose to a U-17 regular. He'll beat Yuki but I don't see him sticking till the end.
Meh, I like Yukimura. He's my favorite character. I don't want this to be a totally biased answer, but I think Yukimura should stay to the end and close to the top of the tier list. I just can't see enough players developing so amazing moves to kick Yukimura out of the series completely. Yukimura's skills are just so far away from some of the other middle schoolers. Okay, so maybe Sanada with his black aura can beat Yuki. And Kintarou just MIGHT improve to the point where he can actually knock the jacket off of Yuki's shoulders. But I really hope that Yuki shows some hidden potential too. I mean, I feel sorry for him as a character. All the difficulties he went through, only to end up in a match with absolutely no chance of winning plotwise. Konomi can't kick him out just yet.

I don't exactly recall where I heard this, it was definitely on one of these threads, but didn't Yuki get a spike in popularity for Valentines? Like, second place?

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is the fanboy within me talking for once,

I think it would be awesome if Sanada eventually becomes the strongest person in the camp, goes all bad-guy and beats every single person in the series (including Nanjirou) and the final battle would be a rematch with Echizen. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.