Discussion - Hunt for the Blue Spider Lily | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Hunt for the Blue Spider Lily

Admiral Teach

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Old Teach missed a lot regarding this flower. And since it be the McGuffin of our dearly hated main antagonist, it deserves a chance to grow here in the discussion.

And on that note: what the heck is it? And where does it grow in the KnY universe?

It seems the red variety is hellish and evil. But since the manga is not colored, we don't know exactly if these are the ones spotted in afterlife scenes or not. The wiki entry is really interesting and informative about how the Japanese see the Spider Lily.

A thought: "Equanox Flower" is a name for the lily. The equinoxes have spiritual connotations I believe. Perhaps this flower grows or its seeds transmigrate during the the spring or autumn equinoxes? That would explain why Muzan has never found one...

This one's a theory but it really doesn't deserve its own thread, but it popped up in my head very early while reading and hasn't left, so more of a casual plot prediction: red spider lilies supposedly grew or still grow over the graves of Christian martyrs. And considering the spirituality of KnY, it would not surprise me if these flowers do in fact grow over people's graves, perhaps their seeds escaping paradise or damnation to enter the world just as a soul leaves the world. Therefore it seems to me that the blue lily may be found over the graves of Tanjirou's family. It could even be Muzan suspects this and his rampant murdering has not been for mere sustanance, but to increase the death toll, and his not mentioning this to his demon pawns was to keep such sensitive knowledge hidden.

So, what are you thoughts and observations regarding the mythical Blue Spider Lily?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tanjirou has a memory of it as shown in chapter 39, so it's somewhere near his family home.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I do keep forgetting that part. Could it be it's growing over his father's grave?

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
The next sequel will be about this or next arc I think

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Personally.... I think the blue spider lily is actually of a different color and a different species. It's actually a red herring. Muzan's doctor must have been pretty dumb if he confused the two. It's hard to imagine the BSL being relevant if muzan is meant to die during this arc. Unless someone creates more demons or more demons suddenly appear in spite of muzan's death.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
It may be that it just looks like a spider lily but blue in color, and the doctor didn't know the name. Or perhaps the doctor just referred to it per whatever led him to the flower. If some random shaman was like, "here, this grants eternal life. It's called a blue spider lily". I mean, it is clearly seen in the afterlife, at least an uncolored form of spider lily, so yeah, it IS a different species, but it resembles one enough that the name makes sense.

With all the supernatural, I could easily see a Buu kind of plot twist, whereby killing Muzan just looses him in heaven... that would HORRIFYING. Imagine, being Shinobu and the rest, living in peace, finally free of the fear of Muzan, and he just pops up with them, and is like, "Why, hello there." I know the deceased pillars would go absolutely mad with rage beyond belief.

We'll see. One thing that's nice about KNY right now is that it's currently unpredictable to me.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
If creator gonna make sequel is gonna be about this. The origin of this,How Muzan become a demon and etc.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
A sequel should be something like demon hunters switching careers. Giyu as a waiter would be both a comedy and a tragedy for the poor people he ends up serving. Or giyu as a door to door salesman...

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
A sequel should be something like demon hunters switching careers. Giyu as a waiter would be both a comedy and a tragedy for the poor people he ends up serving. Or giyu as a door to door salesman...
Are you joking? what you are saying make zero sense

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Are you joking? That make zero sense what you are saying.
Demon hunting past muzans death should be pretty pointless though.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Demon hunting past muzans death should be pretty pointless though.
For you that is we don t even know If Muzan is gonna be defeat here or not.

What you said just now sounds like fanfic. Not gonna happen very unlikely.

no confirmation this is final arc either.