Hangout - Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02] | Page 130 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
we love 4 5 6
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

even as a cub i loved it

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
the 9 on the page reflects on togashis spirit, the large o top part of the 9 representing his big head containing his ideas and the line underneath, not quite resolutely drawn, represents his back doing its very best to carry his big head

Demonspeed

Spider Yokai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I really like this very "line"-ish style. It makes Togashi's work incredibly more creepy which is so fitting for the latest arc.

Admiral Teach

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Glad to see he's drawing again. Though I still don't know why he doesn't go with the idea of getting other people to draw while he writes, assuming his condition is as painful as it is. The japanese self-enslavement ethic striking again? Or maybe he does have issues with getting the scenes right and it is just a hassle. Either way, glad this is progressing!

I hope he goes for a larger number of releases, like, maybe 20? I feel like 10 is just too short. Even if it takes that much longer for a release of new chapters, I'd rather it be a larger body of work. 10 is too short! Especially for the plot. The digestion rate for me gets all screwed up and I suffer from HxH withdrawal for months if not years nagging at me. It must be part of Togashi's nen ability! But really, would this not also work best for Jump? I'd imagine scheduling a release for weekly chapters would suit them better if they had 20 or more to work with?

Demonspeed

Spider Yokai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Glad to see he's drawing again. Though I still don't know why he doesn't go with the idea of getting other people to draw while he writes, assuming his condition is as painful as it is. The japanese self-enslavement ethic striking again? Or maybe he does have issues with getting the scenes right and it is just a hassle. Either way, glad this is progressing!

I hope he goes for a larger number of releases, like, maybe 20? I feel like 10 is just too short. Even if it takes that much longer for a release of new chapters, I'd rather it be a larger body of work. 10 is too short! Especially for the plot. The digestion rate for me gets all screwed up and I suffer from HxH withdrawal for months if not years nagging at me. It must be part of Togashi's nen ability! But really, would this not also work best for Jump? I'd imagine scheduling a release for weekly chapters would suit them better if they had 20 or more to work with?
If I were in his shoes I would probably not want the help of another artist either. I'd rather see the manga continue with his art.

I can wait for 20 chapters just fine but his pacing is probably not going to change. He seems almost done with 401-410. He isn't the one who decides when the chapters will be released but an eventual return will coincide with the release of Volume 38 for sure.

Chrollo's trailer:

Feitan is confirmed now as well. I guess they aren't done with him? They only showed Indoor Fish.

Pleasantly surprised by this :amuse.

Morau leaked... :Haha

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
He does have assistants, though. All the background art, and some linearts. I feel He sketches, designs characters, writes the dialog, and puts instructions, and the assistants do the rest.

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I am trying to draw my own comics series
and have been trying pretty much my whole life. I am not good at much of anything including drawing but even so I want to be able to complete at least one volume worth.

Obviously that's nothing compared to 30 plus volumes. I don't have assistants and of course I still have to work a "real" job but I also don't have any deadlines and I am at least relatively healthy.

So I somewhat get it. When you been working on something you want to see it
through to the end.

I have tried having others draw for me
(I paid them) But that gets costly.
However drawing it myself while yeah
its obviously not gonna look as good
it is still nice when I can say I did it.

I have a lot of self doubt but I realize I can't get better unless I draw.

Togashis goals are probably way beyond

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I mean, that topic is so easy to understand idk what people think when they say stuff like that.
If you have a baby you are not giving it away from someone else to do it for you. Art is a piece of yourself, it's pretty obvious why any artist will want to use all their energy to see their project thrive even if it's not in the best conditions for you. Also, togashi is not a big company trying to get stuff out as fast as they can so he gets the dollars, he cares about his creation and he'll continue to endure the pain as long as he can do it.