I know love. The convenience store was selling it. For 298 yen. | Page 216 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

I know love. The convenience store was selling it. For 298 yen.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Playing NieR with a keyboard is rather crazy. Especially the double tap evade that maybe works sometimes and the mid-air jump that I don't even know how I am doing. Yay!

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Playing NieR with a keyboard is rather crazy. Especially the double tap evade that maybe works sometimes and the mid-air jump that I don't even know how I am doing. Yay!
The original NieR? Do it for Kaine!

Also Harumin is so precious... Not as much as Yuzu but still...

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
The original NieR? Do it for Kaine!

Also Harumin is so precious... Not as much as Yuzu but still...
No, Automata. And I have hit 4h without getting to the first save point.

Harumin best girl, Yuzu not even close.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
You should have started with Replicant... :emocat You lose so much by not doing it...
Isn't it console only? Maybe if they release a remastered version for PC one day..

And yeah, Yuzu is fine, but Harumin is the best wingman ever.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Problem is that you lose tons of references and feels. Especially later on... Too bad...

Well in the next manga arc right after the Anime will end, they actually added a reader as a character. By that I mean a fangirl who gets nosebleeds while thinking about HaruYuzu and shipping them together...

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
What can I possibly do about a game I cannot play, though?

Really? That's actually a cool salute to the fans.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I know... But that just sucks... I had tons of feels during certain missions because of the prequel... Meh...

Well I wonder. x'D
The girl is really cute but her delusions are almost dangerous.
The Manga made me like Matsuri by the way.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
On the bright side, I might not ever get past the first boss at this pace, so, all is well :frankerz

Feels like a way to interact with fans. Sounds similar to Wake Up, Girls! way of casting. I believe they took newbies for all roles, and there is a small episode preview segment with young VAs showing up themselves to present the episode.
Too bad the whole anime had like no budget. It had potential to be a good idol anime otherwise.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I remember getting trashed by the first boss and because you can't save I had to start again... Went with easy during that just to actually play the game... Hah. Good memories.

It is sad how many potentially good shows get a bad case of low budget.

For some reason I have to think about Love Lab now. Damn what a nice surprise of a show.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I once made it past the boss and died while trying to save 9S. In all other 3-4 attempts, I died at those double jigsaws right before the first boss.
Once I had like 17 potions and got one shot. That was tilting. Playing at normal difficulty here.

Yeah, it's a sad part of the industry.

Rabu rabu~
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
After all those "perfect" runs I had, I went onto make an idiotic run and wasted lots of potions, but thought of using them mid-fight manually this time and dodged some weird stuff to make it to the first check point at around 5 hours. Hell yeah.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Funnily enough, the beginning is more or less the hardest part of the game lol. Wouldn't be Nier with a bunch of fascinating "quirks" like that though, lol. A shame you can't play the original Nier first Hakkun, but I'm sure you will enjoy Automata nevertheless. It was such an awesome experience, the best game (to me) I've played in a long time.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Yeah, I haven't started the second quest, but there is already lots of "Saving available" messages I saw that in bunker, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case \o/

Reactions: Nii

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Kawaii~ :wtf

Arigatou, brother \o/
Played an hour or so of the resistance camp area. Now this is more like RPG and exploration. Cool!

Also, probably didn't realize before because I was busy trying to not die, but there is some god tier music playing in the background.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Alright, time to ramble on a little bit. Having not played the prequel title and not completed this one, this is mostly me having fun rather than trying to play a guess the whole plot game at this point.

Leaving aside the background music, the story has been heading in a weird direction. The part up to the first boss felt more straightforward in terms of plot as you simply killed everything at sight, but now there are a lot of "neutral" mobs that show zero interest in you. There was an evolving "humanoid" was basically produced by machines or something? And then there was the amusement park hacking boss which basically showed us a what looked like an emotion-carrying memory for a split second. Now, there is a whole village of machines that wants.. peace. Not sure how I feel about a machine talking about carrying on its existence peacefully. More so than a machine carrying emotions or not, I'm more intrigued by the fact that there are so many machines that seem to have no apparent purpose. Oh, and the machines keep talking about love. The whole concept of "emotion" was messed up even before that, as 2B declared emotions were unnecessary when she first interacted with 9S, and then showed outright emotion as they used black boxes to destroy the goliaths. Their interactions feel like a constant wavering of belief, as they take turns to reassure themselves machines do not feel anything.

Right at this point, I remembered. Or rather, I realized that I didn't remember. What the heck are we doing here, anyway? It looks like we are killing time, honestly. Earth is under invasion, but somehow, we can send resources to Moon in a pretty gaudy fashion, and the machines are well aware there is a Resistance camp. One would be curious about the name since they seem to be in a pretty comfortable environment for the most part, unlike our YoRHa squad which was wiped by the amusement park boss. Androids seem to be having a much tougher time compared to humans for some reason. It would be rather hilarious if the whole "Glory to the mankind" was a facade and the humans were actually using androids for an ulterior motive.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Made it to the end, but apparently it's route based. I went back into the game and immediately quit I was right at the beginning, this time in 9S' perspective, because I was tired xD

So many things left unanswered. What exactly were Adam & Eve? What was HQ up to? What was the betrayal A2 spoke about? What the hell was that about machines talking about becoming Gods by dying and suiciding to achieve that?

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Made it to the end, but apparently it's route based. I went back into the game and immediately quit I was right at the beginning, this time in 9S' perspective, because I was tired xD

So many things left unanswered. What exactly were Adam & Eve? What was HQ up to? What was the betrayal A2 spoke about? What the hell was that about machines talking about becoming Gods by dying and suiciding to achieve that?
Well to be honest, you barely started if we just look at the story. Looking forward to your thoughts. :zomg
Also with 9S you can see the boss names. You should like them a lot imho. :kappa

Why did I not know about this...

Legal Lolis are the best.

HNNNNNNNG

Bwide-tan!!!!!!!

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Well to be honest, you barely started if we just look at the story. Looking forward to your thoughts. :zomg
Also with 9S you can see the boss names. You should like them a lot imho. :kappa[/IMG]
I guess I'll have to put the pieces together, then.
Boss names? You mean the nonsense character names shown info Warning boxes were a distraction? :frankerz

Also, Yuru Camp going Yuri Camp :zomg

Also, Rory.. :wtf

Reactions: Sky