I wonder what happened to Mihawk and Crocodile's crew? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

I wonder what happened to Mihawk and Crocodile's crew?

firework

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
All the shichi are supposed to have left their crews to someone else right? I mean Don left his crew and the spring guy was in charge right? Well, it seems that Gecko has his crew with him, yet Croc and Mih dont though. What and who do you think is in charge of their crews now?

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
thats cuz we have yet to see about mihawk..
and well Croc maybe he was a solo pirate until he madde BW...but then again it's safe to say that BW was his crew

Vato Loco!

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's also said that Shanks and Mihawk have clashed swords many times before so maybe mihawk was part of WB's crew, then set off to be alone before joining the Shichibukai.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
who knows perhaps mihawk was also part of Gol's crew and him and Shanks used to train together :noworry

Vato Loco!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't believe that Mihawk was part of Rogers crew because in 434 WB refers to a battle between Mihawk and Shanks as a duel. This implies that it was a fight rather than a spar.

Proof:

So it's safer to assume that they were on opposing sides, and since WB and GR constantly fought, Shanks and Mihawk were probably on the opposing crews as well.

rocklee87

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well think about it they are both still alive so they werent duels to the death and I'm fairly certain it was stated that Mihawk was a part of Gol's crew.....but that might have been a part of a fan created spoilers so I'm not entirely sure

yoniekai

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
nah nah. mihawk and shanks definitely have bad blood, probablity of mihawk in another crew seems more plausible. plus WB would definitely mention mihawk being in Gol's crew when he chatted with shanks, like he mentioned buggy

Vato Loco!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think it's bad blood as much as it's a pirates devotion to their crew. Since they were potentially on opposing crews, they had to fight each other. And while it may have started out as disdain for a different crew, it did turn into a mutual respect as swordsmen. I mean, if Mihawk still had bad blood with Shanks I doubt he would have stayed and drank with him when he went to visit Shanks during the AP arc.

Also, to address the whole not fighting to the death thing, they might have. It is stated earlier on that Shanks was on Mihawks level as a swordsman when he had both arms, but that once he lost his good arm, Mihawk quit Dueling with Shanks. Now if Mihawk and Shanks had been dueling since they were both in their respective crews, and if Mihawk was in WB's crew, then that gives implication to the idea that both Mihawk and Shanks grew at the same rate when they were in their respective crews. So through time, while they were indeed fighting to the death every time GR and WB met up, they were always evenly matched and couldn't kill each other, even though they still tried. Then through time, as they made what seems like a sort of acquaintanceship or even a friendship, the bad blood was turned into respect as swordsmen, then when Shanks lost his arm, Mihawk couldn't kill Shanks because of his swordsman's honor and the respect he held for Shanks.

Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
ah yeah, "bad blood" might be too much, just oh, respected archrival

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, I think Mihawk was always a solo pirate, since his ship was so small when he traveled around. It was literally a one-person vessel. Crocodile, I imagine, had a real crew, but they themselves weren't too relevent. After all, he just had an 81M bounty. But, I doubt BW was his crew, since they were shocked to see him at their meeting.

Phenomenol

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
It is stated in One Piece red/Blue that Mihawk was "FORMELY" one of the greatest pirates!!! Shanks and Mihawk were rivals in the past (stated in One Piece Red) and it is obvious that both were equal in power.

Never was it mentioned that Shichibukai had to leave their crews, hence look at Gekko Moria and his CREW!!!

ANBU4U

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I think Mihawk was always a solo pirate, since his ship was so small when he traveled around. It was literally a one-person vessel. Crocodile, I imagine, had a real crew, but they themselves weren't too relevent. After all, he just had an 81M bounty. But, I doubt BW was his crew, since they were shocked to see him at their meeting.
So did ace. Yet he was from a larger crew.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
im not sure mihawk had a crew he was on a crew back in the day but then became a loner and rocks people from his litle raft

and croc prob killed his crew and or made his original crew members the numbered henchmen in BW

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
It wouldn't surprise me if mihawk went directly from Whitebeards crew to being a shinchibukai... But I more interested in how .. he left the crew. Are he and whitebeard on good terms.... or not.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
It wouldn't surprise me if mihawk went directly from Whitebeards crew to being a shinchibukai... But I more interested in how .. he left the crew. Are he and whitebeard on good terms.... or not.
I don't think he can be on good terms with WB, the fact he left wb for the shinchibukai... That's like stepping over to the ennemy no?

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So did ace. Yet he was from a larger crew.
Well, Ace was on a solo mission, wasn't he? Mihawk can't be on a solo mission from himself, so there would be no point in trashing his old ship for a crappy raft.

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i dont think he were a solo pirate, the small ship is cuz NOW he is on his own, but i firmly belive he had a crew, and that he was the captan, i dont think that he was on the WB crew, since all WB crew men are very loyal to him (expet of curse BB)

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
But, Crocodile had his own big ship, didn't he? If he was going solo, then why would he have that? And why does this topic say nothing about Kuma's crew, or lack there of?

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
cuz we havent see him in action yet, thats y we are not talking about it, or at least thats my case

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You make a good point. But Mihawk is so arrogant/full of pride...would he even WANT a crew? He seems fairly capable of kicking ass all on his own.