If the Shichibukai are so strong, then why haven't they found One Piece? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

If the Shichibukai are so strong, then why haven't they found One Piece?

Eyefarted2

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If the Shichibukai are so strong, then why havent they found One Piece? Gecko Moria is suppose o be stronger than luffy and he has a bigger and stronger crew. Why havent they found one piece yet?

OP_overlord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: If the Shichibukai are so strong, then why havent they found One Piece?

well they might not be able to leave the fog of the demon triangle because to boost the crews power gekko might have taken away their shadows and thus they would die if they left that cloudy area

and i dont think that shichibukai are supposed to have a crew and going after one piece by your self has to be hard no matter how strong you are look at WB he is super strong has a huge crew with alot of power and hasnt found it yet

and talking about WB the yonkou are looking for OP as well and they are just as strong as the shichibukai if not stronger and they havea crew to help them out.

also they might just have moved on with thier goals they did at one point want to find it but now that they have a "job" can do other things and not worry about being chased after by the marines like if they were to go after OP and the true history which the WG wants no on to know about

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

well the strongest pirate whitebeard hasnt even found one piece yet and the shichibukai are former pirates that lived under whitebeard's and gold roger's shadow. so the shichibukai are still inferior to the four emperors and it follows that if the emperors cant get to one piece then the shichibukai cant

plus they are former pirates with their own crew so it's unlikely they'd be teaming up in some ways

and maybe the cause of their working for the government is because they felt helpless chasing one piece :amuse

IgnorantSage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Also, the Shichibukai represents some of the strongest individuals from the WG. They are commissioned by the WG despite the fact that some of them may have agendas of their own.

While the Shichibukai may indeed be powerful, it is highly possible that they are only as strong as the admirals at most (or maybe weaker).

Each member of the Shichibukai act independently. The admirals and vice-admirals on the other hand are more or less organized. If it was that easy to obtain the one piece, then the WG would have gotten it already with or without the help of the Shichibukai.

The Shichibukai exist only as a means to control other pirates and as a reserve weapon in case the balance tips in favor of the Yonkou. They are not powerful enough to take the One Piece by themselves, especially since they do not help each other and have no official crews anymore (some have set up crews secretly, e.g. Crocodile and Gecko Moria).

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

I dont think that most of the shinchibukai are interested in finding one piece. I mean hunting after a legendary treasure that may exsist in a place no one knows about, Isn't exactly the most profitable of ventures.
'Plus it's obvious it will take more than just strength to get to one piece. It will also take knowledge ... maybe the knowlege of the secret of the poneglyphs ... If no one else in the world knows how to read the ancient scripts then that would explain how Whitebeard hasn't even found it yet. Plus we know that Roger (or someone in his crew) could read poneglyphs so that may give the strawhats a edge over even whitebeard, because they have Robin~chwan. :)

Plus the shinchibukai aren't allowed to have crews, so they either have to go it alone or use ships and crews provided by the marines. That would make searching for OP hard because no matter how strong you are there are places you cant get to alone.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

who said shichibukai's arent allowed to have crews? shichibukai's are but one thing - government's pirates. they are pirates that work for the govt. so they are allowed to have crews (what is a pirate without his crew anyways?)

We still dont know exactly what is one piece or how can you get to it. but no1 got to it yet, so it makes sense that the shichibukai didnt get to it too.

Crenzel

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

In order for a pirate to become a shichibukai they must destroy all ties with their crews.
That is something they have to give up for their bounties to be wiped.

An example that we do know of is Doflamingo and the Bellamy pirates. He had to give up the crew to become a shichibukai that's why Bellamy became the captain.

He does however, secretly still contact his crew for his own plans though.

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

i think that one piece is somthing that starts people off in there life as a pirate but then as they get out there and find out what the world is really like there motives and goals change look at crocodile we know that he at one point or another wanted to become pirate king but some where his goal changed to that he wanted to take over the entire world with the super weapon pluton.

I imagine it might be somthing similar with Doflamingo he goes out there with a dream and through what ever he has to come up against decides dreams are stupid and that a world where pirates dont dream would be a better place

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

In order for a pirate to become a shichibukai they must destroy all ties with their crews.
That is something they have to give up for their bounties to be wiped.

An example that we do know of is Doflamingo and the Bellamy pirates. He had to give up the crew to become a shichibukai that's why Bellamy became the captain.

He does however, secretly still contact his crew for his own plans though.
Where is it stated? I don't remember ever seeing this stuff not in the manga or the anime O_o.
Their bounties get wiped because they're working for the WG now. Would be stupid for the WG to send bounty hunters after their "workers"..

MDLatqp

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I've pondered this question before; why hasn't anyone found One Piece yet? When you consider the multitude of characters and organizations and such that exist in the world of OP, it's hard to believe that no one's found it yet (after 20 years of searching by thousands and thousands of people). Think about the World Government as well, with the resources they have at their disposal (crossing the calm belt). If even the WG can't get OP, either they don't know where it is, or something's preventing them from obtaining it. So that led me to believe that OP is hidden somehow, or that there are preposterous obstacles in front of it or something. I wonder what kind of dangers could be between OP (presumably something tangible on Raftel) and the rest of the grand line. I'm really looking forward to finding out.

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

I've pondered this question before; why hasn't anyone found One Piece yet? When you consider the multitude of characters and organizations and such that exist in the world of OP, it's hard to believe that no one's found it yet (after 20 years of searching by thousands and thousands of people). Think about the World Government as well, with the resources they have at their disposal (crossing the calm belt). If even the WG can't get OP, either they don't know where it is, or something's preventing them from obtaining it. So that led me to believe that OP is hidden somehow, or that there are preposterous obstacles in front of it or something. I wonder what kind of dangers could be between OP (presumably something tangible on Raftel) and the rest of the grand line. I'm really looking forward to finding out.
I think the obvious answer is it's nor a standard "Treasure" Like jewels or money ... but You'll definitely know it once you've found it.
Plus roger and his crew are the only people who have gone through the entire grand line... so there must be something that everyone else is lacking that roger alone possessed... The only things that have set roger apart from other strong pirates thus far is his seeming ability (or one of his nakama's) ability to read poneglyphs... that and his D. initial. So I'm betting it'll tie heavily into one of those two characteristics .. or both!!!

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

Or one piece might not be in the grand line at all. It was the last (evil) joke of Roger ;)

Phenomenol

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

I believe the question should be, Why hasn't ANYONE found One Piece.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

I think the shichibukai are strong, okay crocodile was defeated but it's all about weak points. So it depends on which devil fruit user you have to fight, eg: I wonder if luffy will be able to beat all of them? I would say no atm, because some types will not suit him

The reason why they didn't find the one piece? Well to be the pirate king, you have to be worth being it. So Roger will not have make it easy to find it for strong guys like WB, shichibukai etc

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States

it was said white beard was the closest man to getting to one piece... so no luck for the shichibukai...
i think the last arc would be a race to one piece... where all the strongest groups would have an all out war of surrvival of the fittest....

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

it was said white beard was the closest man to getting to one piece... so no luck for the shichibukai...
i think the last arc would be a race to one piece... where all the strongest groups would have an all out war of surrvival of the fittest....
Héhé, I am asking what the one piece might be, but its meaning is to be in the hands of true pirates, and therefor the shichibukai may not find it

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Shichibukai really aren't supposed to go after One Piece because of their treaty w/ the World Govt., right? And, all attempts shown for a shichibukai to go after it have kinda been stopped. Crocodile was trying to use Pluton to get it, but that was stopped, and Moria is now trying to reach One Piece, but is stopped by the SHs, plus Kaidoh is stopping him, and a Yonkou is stronger than a Shichibukai.

ANBU4U

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well they arnt really all THAT strong are they? If luffy can beat them we can all rattle off a short list of other People that would be able to (BB, Enel, Ace ect ect) so they at least seem to be in the realm of beatable as there are relatively great numbers of people capable of doing so...

Just look at their numbers....there are 7 Shichibukai working in combonation with the WG and various minions to balance 4 Pirate generals and their crews....and from what we can tell its a stalemate (as the WG is VERY nervous about losing even one member of the Shichibukai). The numbers here really say alot about the power distribution between the WG/Shichibukai and the power distribution between the the 4 pirate Generals/crews....if they are to make any sense at all the generals have to be considerably more powerful than your average Shichibukai and Admiral....which explains why the Shichibukai gave up on onepiece.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

If the Shichibukai and the MHQ need to combine to keep the Yonkou in check, then the Yonkou are stronger than the Shichibukai.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

not neccesarily. there are more pirates than just the yonkou. this is the age of pirates, remember? so there are probably lots of pirate crews, strong and weak alike. so the marines, who tried to defend the whole world against this threat, need lots of subordinates to watch over all those big area - the world aint so small.
But probably the Yonkou ARE stronger than the shichibukai - shanks and WB are being 50% of them, and dam, they're strong!!
But don't underestimate the shichibukai too, if they got someone like mihawk, they are really strong too!