Politics - Israel and Palestine : A Never-ending drama | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Politics Israel and Palestine : A Never-ending drama

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in a country where mass media is trying its best to brainwash people into thinking that Palestine is the good guy while Israel is wrong. If you are in US, probably you will hear that Israel is good while Palestine is full of suicide bombers trying to destroy peace...etc...

In this forum where everyone from all over the world come together, I like to know about your view and opinion on this matter. This whole drama should dated back in the 1920s or 1930s (correct me if I'm wrong). Why until now, there is still no ideal solution to solve this matter? Why innocent people still die a meaningless on Gaza Strip, Jerusalem......???

What is the truth behind this whole drama? Who started what? What actually happened in the past that we might not be aware of? Who is right? Who is wrong?

Mind sharing your view, facts, knowleges and opinions with me? ;)

bebong

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
well IMO they're both wrong because ppl have no right to have a war.

I dunno why those friggin politicians would just kill many innocent ppls there that doesnt want war
many countries, so many different opinions, like several years back where the countries have a discussion whether for US to attack Iraq??

pro and contra thingy??

They're fighting to have the Holy land but why war?? I personally think that the Holy land isn't either Israel's or Palestine's. They've got no right to have that because originally it's the earth's, and we dun really have the proof whether the holy land is palesyine's or israel's

maybe this opinion may have sum mistakes (coz im just a silly 13 year old boy)

Doggy88

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
I'm an Israeli
first. the whole world should stay the **** out of our business - the whole world think they know how to solve this problem but they don't.
second. The whole thing with Israel giving palestines land doesn't help at all. a year pasted since Israel gave Palestine gaza and it just got worse ppl still dying all over Israel.
3rd. Our army cant do shit. Why? cuz the whole world is watching and telling us that we cant fight back though they kill our ppl.
All we can do is bomb the house of the terrorist after we tell every1 to clear out. what is the ****ing sense in that. The only way to stop the terror is by terror
ok i dont know if i make any sense just ask me questions i'll explain myself

CheckMate

Reaction score
Country
Australia
it seems the problem wouldnt be solved easily..

hmm.. maybe it's not my place to say it, but it seems it has something to do with the religion and or tradition/history, it is not?

but IMO, we are wrong when we kill people, no matter what the reason is.
but sometimes..it is either to kill or to be killed..
and i'm pretty sure not many ppl choose the latter.

asmo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This whole topic is a friggin' minefield and wherever you go you're very likely to step on one of these babies which will result in a chain-reaction and the whole discussion will end in a bloody massacre where everybody is blaming every everyone (just like in the middle-east *g*).

From my point of view (and I've actually been to Israel and Palestine) the whole problem is not black and white but it's actually grey, totally grey. I think both people have a right to live there and a two-state solution appears to be possible.
The problem however is that groups like the Hamas or Islamic Jihad are not going to stop with terrorist attacks as soon the Palestinians have their own state. The other problem are the ultra-orthodox Jewish settlers which are armed to the teeth. But I think the majority of the people on both sides (at least that was my impression when I spoke to the people there) want peace, simply because you can't raise your children properly in this conflict and it's causing tremendous damage to the economy.

It's useless to say "you did that" and the other part is going to say "but you did that" which eventually leads to nothing. For outsiders (like me) it's easy to say "look, dudes, the solution is pretty easy, just do it". But it's not easy, it's actually very complicated. It's easy as long it's not your problem, but try to imagine you're an Israeli or Palestinian. Things will get more complicated then.

This conflict will most likely continue for a few decades, especially since Hamas is now in charge on the Palestinian side. Plus the US and the EU stopped supporting the Pleastinians financially (we're talking about billions of dollars) because no sane person will pay for a terrorist Hamas-led government. Less money -> more despair -> more violence.
Let's hope Abbas and Olmert will be able to find a way to negotiate without the Hamas.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
Doggy88 said:
I'm an Israeli
Welcome to this forum, my friend. It is good to see you here as an ambassador for your country.

first. the whole world should stay the **** out of our business - the whole world think they know how to solve this problem but they don't.
When you say the whole world, which countries are you pointing at actually?

second. The whole thing with Israel giving palestines land doesn't help at all. a year pasted since Israel gave Palestine gaza and it just got worse ppl still dying all over Israel.
Agreed whole-heartly.

3rd. Our army cant do shit. Why? cuz the whole world is watching and telling us that we cant fight back though they kill our ppl.
All we can do is bomb the house of the terrorist after we tell every1 to clear out. what is the ****ing sense in that. The only way to stop the terror is by terror
ok i dont know if i make any sense just ask me questions i'll explain myself
It is never easy to kill anyone or see anyone being killed but something have to happen to make it stop. I dont even know what kind of question that I should ask for clarification. Like asmo said, it is pure grey..... but is there something about the history of this conflict that you can share with me or rather everyone here? or do you have any personal experience? I really do like to hear from an Israeli about this whole thing. Personal sharing can be much more effective than a brainwashing mass media. I like to hear from you your own experience of living as an Israeli. Tell me more. I really do like to know. I hope I dont sound too offending, do I? :sweatdrop

Doggy88

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
I'm still in the forum so I dont know how to quote but i'll try my best to answer.
Look I'm not really into politics, but countries like the US ,Russia , UN(not a country) and Euroean Union put alot of pressure on Israel. Those countries try to control Israel. Why did Israel gave up on gaza strip and moved our israeli citizens out of there homes? The US the UN and Russia put alot of pressure on Sharon(the last prime minister of Israel) and in the end he gave up and gave the land to Palestine. Now those Israeli ppl that used to live In Gaza are now in some deep **** some of them didn't get new homes yet, to find a job in Israel isn't an easy task so it didnt solve the problem like the Us and others believed cuz the hamas and all those bastards are still active plus israel has more ppl unemployed.

About personal experience i dont have any I wasn't close to any of the terrorist acts non of my family was ever hurt in one of them, but I watch the news and u can see the sights I know ppl that lost their family members In the terror acts.
but after all these years u get used to it.
Like for me now when ever i hear about a new terror act i only intrested in how many ppl died how many got hurt and i think to myself that its a shame and thats about it

CheckMate

Reaction score
Country
Australia
really, I'm very sorry and sad of what has happened.

israel - palestina is just like china - taiwan, us - iraq (and others). it seems it's an endless sad story..

Fnuckale

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
2 buses exploded on the same day just outside of my grandma's house, in the city I live, is that enough of a personal experience?

dharshana

Reaction score
Dont you guys know history??

How about this.

Some big country abuses a clan in that country and then Fire country decides that its having none of it and decides to give land that belongs to Wind country to this clan by making the existing inhabitants homeless. Sounds fair? So the existing inhabitants decide to wage war on the clan who took their land? Unfair?

I think this topic should be taken off since this would bring alot of hatred amongst members.

asmo

Reaction score
Country
Germany
dharshana said:
Dont you guys know history??

How about this.

Some big country abuses a clan in that country and then Fire country decides that its having none of it and decides to give land that belongs to Wind country to this clan by making the existing inhabitants homeless. Sounds fair? So the existing inhabitants decide to wage war on the clan who took their land? Unfair?

I think this topic should be taken off since this would bring alot of hatred amongst members.
Your view of history is overly simplistic and unfair. However, I do agree that this topic should be removed before terrorist attacks are being carried out ;)

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
There's no need for anyone to get so heated up. Let's study it from every single perspective. I like to hear from Isreali, Palestines, US, UK, everyone. Just take everything into consideration. This thread is not created to create war, rather to look for peace. If by sharing something hurtful can release you from tension even just for one second, why not? If by venting out what had always been a burden in your heart can release your anger for just a second, why not? I'm just trying to get everyone talking about it rather than keeping this matter under the carpet. Of course I dont experience that so I might not know the REAL situation but there's nothing wrong in sharing. Even if we cant find a solution to this, at least expressing out your feeling, anger can be a bit helpful to yourself. At least you know that there are still people out there who care, not just for political purposes but do care.

I have a friend who once attended an international youth convention. He told me that Palestinian and Israeli cried while sharing the stories of their end. For the first time, a jew hugged a muslim. If that convention could bring two totally different people together, why not this thread become the bridge to understanding between different races of this world? See it from a positive view please. 

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States
Very well said Elieen. :amuse

I know that this is an issue to be honest that I have very little knowledge of. Most recently I have heard that the US cut off funds to Hamas (whole terrorist organization thingy) and now is redirecting that money elsewhere: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/05/09/us.palestinians/index.html

Although this seems to be a rather small piece of good news in what seems to be a very dark and serious situation. =(

I am not sure of the reasons for the fighting, like Elieen I am somewhat 'in the dark' so to speak about that and I have been reading the posts here with some interest.

Rampages

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Doggy88 said:
I'm still in the forum so I dont know how to quote but i'll try my best to answer.
Look I'm not really into politics, but countries like the US ,Russia , UN(not a country) and Euroean Union put alot of pressure on Israel. Those countries try to control Israel.
If we didn't, you would probably try to exterminate the palestenians =/

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
Rampagenesis said:
If we didn't, you would probably try to exterminate the palestenians =/
Just asking, which side is US really on? In my country, US is named as "alliance" to Israel and that US is on Israel's side. My quesion is this, if US is on Israel's side, then why does US try to put more pressure on Israel like asking them to give away Gaza strip? Mass media's brainwashing. =/

hatakescarecrow

Reaction score
God I hate this topic.

Until they resolve, the whole world will choose sides and debate.

Countries like Iran aren't helping either.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
How can Iran help out when they themselves have problem with UN, US... with their nuclear program? Tehran has a lot of suicide bombers ready to bomb any US's major landmark....etc... but what use will it do to this world?

I think that if the generation nowadays cant solve this problem, then it is us, teenagers, us, leader of tomorrow to step out and keep running for peace. That's why this thread is here, to create mutual understanding between people. If all the teeneagfers in Palestine and Israel love one another and want peace with their fellow friends, then this problem will be solved sooner or later. Youths, teenagers like US can change thoe world. Share your thoughts on this. Share your experience. Share your view. Share everything so that people can hear the voice of your end. So that mass media wont brainwash us into believing this and that for the sack of their political purposes.

hatakescarecrow

Reaction score
Have u ever seen forum threads discussing this in newgrounds??

It just becomes an all out flamewar.

dharshana

Reaction score
Eileen said:
Just asking, which side is US really on? In my country, US is named as "alliance" to Israel and that US is on Israel's side. My quesion is this, if US is on Israel's side, then why does US try to put more pressure on Israel like asking them to give away Gaza strip? Mass media's brainwashing. =/
Because the land was captured by the isreal during the 67 war.

Where do you happen to be from?

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
The "Ask Eileen Thread" is just around the corner. Find it for yourself. My country is a muslim country. That's why I want to see from a unbiased party instead of my own mass media so that I know the story of the other end.