Shounen - Jigokuraku: Hell's Paradise by Yuji Kaku | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Jigokuraku: Hell's Paradise by Yuji Kaku

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Genre: Fantasy, Action, Shounen, Dark Fantasy
Author: Yuuji Kaku
Artist: Yuuji Kaku

Description: Gabimaru the Empty, a former ninja assassin known as a heartless husk of a man, spends his days on death row wondering when an executioner skilled enough to so much as harm him will arrive. There's no meaning to him continuing to live...or so he thought. The lady executioner, Asaemon the Beheader, rekindles his hope with an astounding proposition.

If he ever wishes to see his beloved wife again, he is, under the auspices of the shogunate, to embark on a perilous voyage to the mysterious mystic island said to house the elixir of immortality. Should he be the one among many rival death-row fiends and scoundrels to find the elixir, he'll earn a full exoneration, and, more importantly, a chance at an ordinary married life with the light of his life--the woman who made the world seem not so ugly. What awaits them is a journey like no other!

Last edited:

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is eerily similar to Uratarou lol.

I like it so far though, great art + the holy land stuff sounds really interesting.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where is my 2nd chapter though :-_-

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
And here I was thinking I'd have to go without an Kimetsu no Yaiba quality series for a long while after it ends. This will do just fine.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
...how is this not more popular? I just binged up to 44 today, very good and unique series compared to the other SJ stuff. Far less generic than something like Black Clover (oh wow, friendship conquers all...original...).

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
...how is this not more popular? I just binged up to 44 today, very good and unique series compared to the other SJ stuff. Far less generic than something like Black Clover (oh wow, friendship conquers all...original...).
If I didn't read it on Friday's, Black Clover would be a nice palate cleanser after reading both this and Chainsawman.

But yeah, this is one of my favorite series currently, as you can tell from my avatar.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Jigokuraku volume 13 cover

Jigokuraku fanbook cover

Hope we get an extended final chapter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jigokuraku's fanbook will include another interview with Fujimoto (Kaku was an assistant for Fire Punch), new color illustrations, character profiles and more stories. Also the Jigokuraku website will be released on the 30th and PV is coming soon! (Please be Bones or good studio & staff)

We also got some nice merch (I want those keychains/mugs)

This discussion is pretty dead but let me ask you guys a question; what studio would you like to see adapt Jigokuraku? My picks are Bones & David Productions; since I heard Shaft animators have also joined Bones recently & David Pro with Fire Force's anime. They'd be excellent and I could see studio 8-bit adapting Jigokuraku since Bandai already created merch for the series and they are in a partnership with 8-bit to create "new hit anime". There's more choices like MAPPA/WIT/etc. I feel Pierrot may be a realistic possibility and I know it'd be well animated but the adaptation itself would be concerning lol. Generally it should be in good hands, hoping it explodes in popularity since this series is underrated and deserves more recognition.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Finally read it all, and it was really really good. There were a lot of deaths that were just sad and crushing, some surprising twists and turns I didn't foresaw and some I expected to happen. All in all it was a super enjoyable ride of 127 chapters with a great end. Yuuji Kaku did a great job with this manga. It would be awesome if this would get an anime later down like Muhyo and Roji did long after the series was finished.
Glad I finally got to read it all.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Jigokuraku anime news coming for Jump Festa 2022

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Production committee rumor for Jigokuraku (seems pretty legit)

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Kaku has been flexing his art a lot on twitter :cheez

More wholesome one too

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell