Voting Round 2 - Jin Mori vs. Shalltear Bloodfallen | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Jin Mori vs. Shalltear Bloodfallen

Who wins?

• Jin Mori

• Shalltear Bloodfallen

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
Mori jin destroys the entire overlord verse

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The only thing i know about this Mori dude is that he is from GoH and that ... he is Son Goku? ... with Solar System level attacks? ... something about FTL times million ... what lol

I really love Shall-chan, one of my favs in the series, but yeah Solar System would be above her pay grade.

On the other hand, i dont think ive seen that Mori has immunities or resistances against stuff like time stop or death magic. Its funny how you got this dude that can kick planets and punch Solar Systems and yet he would die instantly if hit by one of Ainz's death spells lol and Ainz isnt even planetary

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
The only thing i know about this Mori dude is that he is from GoH and that ... he is Son Goku? ... with Solar System level attacks? ... something about FTL times million ... what lol

I really love Shall-chan, one of my favs in the series, but yeah Solar System would be above her pay grade.

On the other hand, i dont think ive seen that Mori has immunities or resistances against stuff like time stop or death magic. Its funny how you got this dude that can kick planets and punch Solar Systems and yet he would die instantly if hit by one of Ainz's death spells lol and Ainz isnt even planetary
He is the equivalent to Son Goku as both stories draw from the Journey to the West with GoH being closer to the mythological origins as Mori Jin is the Monkey King of Legend.

His body is immortal as far as we know with not even the highest god in the GoH universe being able to kill him and it ultimately was killed by Mori Jin (not his max power as he is still growing currently). Since GoH started out as a highschool martial arts tournament (yeah, I know, bear with me) it uses different terminology and framing compared to a videogame isekai. Most altercations are physical with elemental and energy manipulation mixed in.

While resistance to such magic can be debated and I would argue that a character that survives planetary destruction with little harm and pretty far from max power can resist any such magic (plus he has the godly armor he can equip for further protection). His FTL speed feats would mean that you need to be able to hit him first of all. His reflexes are also fast enough to outspeed a character with precognitive powers (related to the use of martial arts)

More general info on him can be found here.
Based facts Mori Jin

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
He is the equivalent to Son Goku as both stories draw from the Journey to the West with GoH being closer to the mythological origins as Mori Jin is the Monkey King of Legend.

His body is immortal as far as we know with not even the highest god in the GoH universe being able to kill him and it ultimately was killed by Mori Jin (not his max power as he is still growing currently). Since GoH started out as a highschool martial arts tournament (yeah, I know, bear with me) it uses different terminology and framing compared to a videogame isekai. Most altercations are physical with elemental and energy manipulation mixed in.

While resistance to such magic can be debated and I would argue that a character that survives planetary destruction with little harm and pretty far from max power can resist any such magic (plus he has the godly armor he can equip for further protection). His FTL speed feats would mean that you need to be able to hit him first of all. His reflexes are also fast enough to outspeed a character with precognitive powers (related to the use of martial arts)

More general info on him can be found here.
Based facts Mori Jin
Oh yeah, i wasnt denying him low diffing based on his strength and ridiculous speed. Shalltear stands no chance.
Ainz on the other hand has a skill that bypasses immunities, resistances, immortalities and other preventive measurers against Death. Still Mori would probably blitz Ainz before he could activate the skill, there is no way around it, unless Mori can move in stopped time.
I just found it funny how you got godly characters like Mori, and yet country level characters with hax could still do something :xp

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Look I would love to make the passionate case for how Shaltear can own Jin Mori through some niche insta-death power she's got but... she doesn't actually have that.

I'm not saying you shouldn't vote for Shaltear. To do it however one must believe in one thing... the power of kink. How does that help her beat Jin Mori you ask? Kink finds a way! I present to you the Mystic Eyes of Charm. Her, seldom used, seductive vampire brainwashing ability. She may have 1/100th of his combat power but it doesn't matter if she Code Geass's him. Which is a thing that she can do.

Does this work against Jin Mori? God, I hope so because otherwise...

So I ask you ladies and gentlemen, do you believe in the power of kink?

Last edited:

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I just found it funny how you got godly characters like Mori, and yet country level characters with hax could still do something :xp
I would say that's the fun part about a tournament like this and also why some of the nominations are pretty disappointing.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oh yeah, i wasnt denying him low diffing based on his strength and ridiculous speed. Shalltear stands no chance.
Ainz on the other hand has a skill that bypasses immunities, resistances, immortalities and other preventive measurers against Death. Still Mori would probably blitz Ainz before he could activate the skill, there is no way around it, unless Mori can move in stopped time.
Completely off topic, but I see the time stop thingy of Ainz used so many times in vs but as far as Im concerned it only works on beings of lower level than him.

Anyway Mori does seem to have a much greater kit than Shalltear, even if she isnt weak.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Completely off topic, but I see the time stop thingy of Ainz used so many times in vs but as far as Im concerned it only works on beings of lower level than him.
Half true. Like Ainz said in volume 9, one would need specifically time stop resistance skill to counter time stop, which some characters like the NPCs and the dragons have. The series has RPG game rules, skills and abilities, and because of PVP it was a given that player characters and high tier NPCs have time stop skills. The same cant be said for the rest of the New World.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That is incorrect. In D&D, which is where Overlord borrowed that ability from, Time Stop cannot be resisted but ends early when the caster takes an action effecting anything other then themselves.

In Overlord though it's mentioned that at high levels protection against time manipulation is a standard thing. Hence why he counldn't use it against Shaltear.

--------------

To give a more nerdy and in depth explanation of spells in Overlord. With Overlord most of it's powers work in a way that's based on the D&D's rule set with additional mechanics added on to it. In D&D there are spells that can't be resisted and for many spells resistance doesn't mean you're unaffected. You get a slightly less severe effect or amount of damage. A lot of the time you still get hit. Just for less damage or shorter duration or less crippling debuffs.

In the event that a spell can be resisted it comes down to more than just level. First you have to establish what the "save" is.

Spell Level + Caster Level + Additional bonuses (Equipment, Racial Bonuses, Buff etc) = Spell Penetration

That number is what the target has to beat to defend themselves. Depending on the nature of the spell the stat used falls under either Reflex, Fortitude, and Will.

Reflex means if your fast enough you can avoid some or all of the damage that way.
Fortitude means if your tough enough you can endure it and avoid some or all of the damage that way.
Will means if your will is strong enough you can...etc etc.

So basically a spell caster attacks whichever of those aspects is the weakest. Or in the event nothing is they'll use spells that can't be resisted or the penalty for resitance is minimal.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

None of this really effects Shaltear though since she is a Valkyrie/Cleric/Vampire and as far as I know doesn't have access to those spells

The only ability she has that can really effect Jin Mori is her ability to mentally dominate anybody who looks her in the eye and doesn't have resistance to mind control. Another Overlord high level standard. What are the limits of this? Completely and totally vague because I'm pretty sure it's a reference to her origin as a character made by the lewd content enthusiast of Ainz's guild.

Believe in the kink because the kink believes in you!

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Does Jin even have a sex drive :XD.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
So far we have not seen such a thing although he does not have 3 children with a wife he never kissed so I guess it's just a side we have not seen.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Doesn't actually matter. The ability is unisex (hypnosis essentially). Her charm transcends all.:hee

Also not sure where they're getting this from but VS Battle Wiki has her listed as having the ability to add the instant death trait to all of her attacks. I honestly have no idea if she can really do that, as I have no knowledge of anything like that, but that's what it says.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Instant death trait added to all attacks, eh?

That surely makes her Omniversal level, non?

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I wonder if her instadeath skills would work on Mori or the effects would be stopped by Mori's magical defensive jacket. Either way, she shouldn't have a chance to hit him with anything.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yeah i also have no memory of such skill. But its been a long time since ive last read Volume 3 and Volume 11 (arcs where she appears the most), so it might be a detail that can be missed. Who knows.

Jamm you have one day left, go reread the volumes :xp

Like Jamms said, one look at these eyes and Jin becomes her sex toy :3c

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Instant death trait added to all attacks, eh?

That surely makes her Omniversal level, non?
Hell if I know. This is the first I've heard of it.:blink

My guess is this this has something to do with the fact that you can't heal from injuries she inflicts easily since undead are all about negative energy (the opposite of life energy) which is why undead can't heal themselves with postive energy healing spells and such. But the dying from a scratch thing is not something I remember anything about.

If it is real I would think it's something restricted to wounds inflicted by her claws, teeth, etc.

I guess it's not unusual for negative energy based things like evil divine casters(such as clerics like her) to have instant death abilities but I can't pretend I actually know what I'm talking about with this specific ability.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Yeah i also have no memory of such skill. But its been a long time since ive last read Volume 3 and Volume 11 (arcs where she appears the most), so it might be a detail that can be missed. Who knows.

Jamm you have one day left, go reread the volumes :xp

Like Jamms said, one look at these eyes and Jin becomes her sex toy :3c
Or it could be something from a future volume. I'm up to date with officially released volumes but there are two out there in Japan that aren't released in English yet.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hell if I know. This is the first I've heard of it.:blink

My guess is this this has something to do with the fact that you can't heal from injuries she inflicts easily since undead are all about negative energy (the opposite of life energy) which is why undead can't heal themselves with postive energy healing spells and such. But the dying from a scratch thing is not something I remember anything about.

If it is real I would think it's something restricted to wounds inflicted by her claws, teeth, etc.

I guess it's not unusual for negative energy based things like evil divine casters(such as clerics like her) to have instant death abilities but I can't pretend I actually know what I'm talking about with this specific ability.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Or it could be something from a future volume. I'm up to date with officially released volumes but there are two out there in Japan that aren't released in English yet.
Or maybe those wikias are trash :edu

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Or maybe those wikias are trash :edu
They are certainly not perfect. But I feel like your holding a bit of a grudge due to their contribution to Regulus's loss.:fan

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
They are certainly not perfect. But I feel like your holding a bit of a grudge due to their contribution to Regulus's loss.:fan
They are only useful as a springboard for working out what abilities a character might have

Their given levels are hugely subjective, meaning use of them in discussions is unhelpful at best and utter nonsense at worst

My issue is that - means rather than interesting discussions about how powers might work against each other, it instead tends to devolve into statements like
piss poor argument said:
Character X is world level, there's no way a mere city level character [like Character Y] could ever hurt them!
Anyway, talk about these websites [and their many faults] doesn't really relate to this fight - so ahma stop moaning
:verily

Status
Not open for further replies.