"Jiraiya" Is More Than Dead

ornis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How's it going? Seems I shouldn't go reclusive... too much just happened for me to die down. But I decided to channel most of my thoughts on the latest chapter here because I won't be around for a while (finals and vacation). Thanks to HisshouBuraiKen,
Kylara, MangaHelpers, and MangaShare. I have reviewed the chapter with their help, though I won't accompany my thoughts with any images of it. Feel free to critique.

Jiraiya now appears as a very defining character for the manga as a whole.

Take in how Jiraiya's first novel offers a main character whose name was given to Naruto.

Take in how Jiraiya believes the shinobi is defined by endurance and perseverance, it is a warrior that never gives up.

Take in how Jiraiya accepts Naruto's own philosophy as his own and pushes himself back to life by what seems to be will alone.

Reflect on Jiraiya's humbling admittance of his failures though he still struggles to give one of his handy toads a purpose to accomplish on Jiraiya's behalf. I'm sure Kabuto remembers how strong Naruto's will can be even without the full mastery of his chakra. And wouldn't the mirror of that thought present Jiraiya, stabbed with five, chakra-scrambling rods and still able to shroud a finger tip in a focus of chakra?

Know that both Naruto and Jiraiya are incredibly resourceful... and if foreshadowing may have it, as Jiraiya just feels indomitable at the brink of death, so too may Naruto... but the better favor must rest in Naruto's hands.

In fact, let the this point linger that Jiraiya essentially believes Naruto carries the duty to correct his shinobi world as the toad-summoning, quite gallant, and even on one jutsu, very formidable Naruto.... who I believe is presented to us as the reincarnation of the Gallant Jiraiya. A part of Jiraiya was in his own tale of Naruto. Naruto is really in that tale redefining Jiraiya as we speak... in Kishimoto's own tale of Jiraiya.

The brilliance of the last few arcs may not be in the immediate plot that feels so obvious, but how that distracts from the meaning of battles that nearly rain out of the book... well take the coats, the barriers, the camouflage.... there is still something mysterious and attractive in the cloak that forms out of those three themes, from a very straight-up plot that seemed to have no depth... it was quite the storm I'm betting it was supposed to be. So, where's the sun? Even through all of the diversions, Naruto is still at the heart in a very interesting rhyme of things... in Naruto's tale of Jiraiya.

Oh yeah, he probably still has a snake to "beat" after all ;)

What a smooth and incredible play on reinvention! This is an iconic moment in the entire story that literally shows the underneath of the underneath.

Now, to think that Naruto seemed dead for a moment....

Naruto Is More Than Alive.

Last edited:

lordHokage

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Please register to see the content of this post.

Konkun

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria

ornis

Reaction score
Country
United States