Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Joint Review of D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
is it better if we wait for the 213 night ? its just 1 week far .... and we could separate the sections and stuff.... :/
Niko would you be kind and try put it together, correct some of the languages and typos?
Copy paste it together into a new post :)
Also I think you should be the first to post it once it's release ready.

I'm very busy right now, and I don't think I'll be around for the next months release, since I got 2 educations simultaneously and an upcoming business which eats all my time.

So want to put it out there, there needs to be elected a new D.Gray-Man captain.

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Niko would you be kind and try put it together, correct some of the languages and typos?
Copy paste it together into a new post :)
Also I think you should be the first to post it once it's release ready.

I'm very busy right now, and I don't think I'll be around for the next months release, since I got 2 educations simultaneously and an upcoming business which eats all my time.

So want to put it out there, there needs to be elected a new D.Gray-Man captain.
I can try :) But my english isn't that well so, if you see a mistake even after I tried to correct them, tell me :)

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

D. Gray Man 212: Searching for A.W. / Calling For You
A Joint Review

Hey guys! We (Niko, Jaymie. Unknownymous) made this review for you about the latest chapter of dgm! We are beginners so, we'll be glad if you tell us what you think. -don't be shy xD- Hope you enjoy it and, let's go!

The chapter begins with Johnny and Kanda chasing after Allen. However, Kanda notices a sinister-looking silhouette that was, in turn, following after them. The way the silhouette was vaguely formed is interesting, because it could be a number of characters, including Fiddler, Link, or even Lulu Bell, whose human form matched the silhouette (not to mention her troubling shapeshifting abilities, which are underused by Hoshino). Throughout the chapter, Kanda repeatedly notices this mysterious person following them, which is Hoshino's way of saying "THIS IS GOING TO BE IMPORTANT GUYS!" But more on that later...

Allen is, once again, succumbing to the Fourteenth's memories, but this time it seems like it's actually going to happen. He also has an interesting hallucination. It's unclear whether Allen was just imagining what he saw, or if he actually saw a bit of Nea's memories. Either way, it is very obvious that it was a younger version of Mana asking Nea if he hates him. The fact that Allen never saw the younger Mana before (Mana was a middle aged man when they first met in the canon novel D.Gray-man Reverse 3) is what really leads me to believe that it was indeed Nea's memory of the past. I hope Hoshino expands on this in the (near) future instead of teasing us even more.

In the next scene, Kanda and Johnny come to the conclusion that Crown Clown is still protecting Allen despite the fact that he's a Noah. This is an extremely significant revelation. It shows that the Innocence has the same "ends justify the means" stance as the Order and, most importantly, that Nea may not be as evil as he appears. Crown Clown's behavior also addresses the massive plot hole about why Allen isn't dead yet since he's a Noah with an Innocence attached to his body. Jasdevi's arm practically mutated when he came into contact with Innocence, so it was always curious why Allen wasn't affected by the Innocence he was always in contact with.

Hoshino could pull another deus ex machina to delay Nea's awakening, but I don't think it would be in the best interest of the story. The perfect pieces are now in place for Allen to turn into the Fourteenth. Johnny, Allen's biggest supporter, Kanda, who owes Allen a great debt, and the suspiciously not-dead Link, who was revealed to be Kanda's stalker during the cliffhanger ending. It's quite possible that Link is Lulu Bell in disguise, but I personally believe that it is indeed the real Link at the end of the chapter. Remember when Lvellie asked Zu to save Link because he needed Link to save Allen (and the Fourteenth)? It is likely that Zu saved Link's life, which resulted in Zu's death because he had already used up most of his life force on healing Allen during the Alma Karma arc. It is likely that we will find out what Lvellie wants Link to do in the next chapter. Unfortunately there is a hiatus next month, which is just cruel on top of the cliffhanger, but Hoshino hasn't disappointed in these last few months. Next chapter should be a great one!

This chapter was good, but, once again she completly forgot Lavi. I know she wanna show us everything about the Kanda-Allen-Johnny thing and Allen-Mana-14th relationship but, why the 3rd most popular character isn’t appearing?

Well, the art once again looks really good, looks like since chapter 205 Hoshino gets a new art style and it’s getting awesome in every single chapter.

The storyline was interesting, we finally sees Mana’s face that we Always have seen like an freak crazy clown -scared-, Allen once again cries a lot and made my heart broken :/ Johnny really showed how a best friend is like and when Kanda came with his dirty little Alma secret seemed a little yaoi to me xD but, I guess is Hoshino pleasing fanbases haha We didn’t saw the apo-kun –just in allen’s flashback- and I was hoping him to catch the Kanda group and fight with him. D:
The cliffhanger was the bad thing, I mean, HOW I AM SUPPOSED TO WAIT TWO MONTHS TO SEE HOW IT WILL BE? Damn Hoshino, I don’t know why you like to make us suffer like this every single month! T_T

I was hoping a little more fighting but, in the whole thing, I liked the chapter.

Short term prediction
Since Allen is fighting with the 14th memories, its a half sure that we could see a little more of this memories, but an akuma could suddenly appear and f*cks everything because Kanda is out there with –is really him?-Link.

That is another interesting point, I can’t be so sure that is Link in the last page. Since I saw that necklace that apo-chan has. I was wondering why would he appear and hide himself? He has nothing to hide right? ANd then, more possibilities came to me, if that is Lullubel –that we haven’t seen since chapter 195, and it wasn’t in action- or even Cross? But Cross’s possibility was eliminated when I realized that he doesn’t k now what happened to link –i guess.

To next chapter, I’m really waiting for Lavi –what seems really improbable- but, I guess the most important thing will be what’s Link's goal and will Allen win against 14th’s memories? It’s time to see a little conversation between them?

Long term Prediction
The chapter ends with Allen blacking out and Link suddenly coming into the picture. For this prediction, I will focus on two basic parts. One being the Internal Conflict part of the ark, and two being the External Conflict. With the way things are going, I believe it isn't to far off to say that we are now entering something like 'The Growth of Allen Walker' ark. Hoshino did mention it in an interview, and Johnny did as well in 212 page 27.

Going deeper into the Internal Conflict part of this prediction, I'd like to emphasize a few things:

"Don't let him sleep", I quote. "If you do, it'll be his end. Allen will be swallowed deep within and disappear." - from Ch 202 - p. 32 and again from Ch 212 - p. 09.
"THANK YOU!! ALLEN WALKER'S NOW GONE! <3" - Ch 198 p. 10
And Ch 206 focusing on Cross' conversation with Baba about Allen being merely a vessel to be taken over by the 14th.

So far those parts of the manga have been repeatedly hinting on Allen being totally consumed by the 14th. Now that Allen has fallen asleep during the change, the prospect of the above happening isn't something we can scratch out that easily.

But of course, what is a good plot without a loophole or contradiction of sorts no? Well, seeing as how Hoshino pulled a counter phenomenon with Ch 203 p. 17 with Cross saying "When we first met, he didn't call himself 'Allen'..." and the "Should have noticed the mistake sooner!", I can now conclude that she has an awesome way of messing with our brains so much that events are almost unpredictable.

The next few chapters will possibly cover more about the 14th, Mana, and maybe a hint of why not noticing 'Allen' not being Allen before was a mistake. Whatever type of mistake it is though, I believe it will be something really important, and will probably be a reason why Allen cannot be completely erased. It might even touch the mystery of Allens birth and the reason he was born with Innocence in the first place.

For the second part of the prediction, we might be seeing a mot more action.

Lets remember that the Noah's deliberately left Allen alone to lure the Apocryphos to them. With Allen changing and judging by Apo's time of appearance when that first happen, he'll be alive and kicking in the next few chapter. Apocryphos will probably want to get to Allen before everything is too late and there will be an interception between by the Noahs. Apo will focus on Allen, the Noah's on Apo for the time being, Kanda + Link on keeping both sides away....and Johnny on keeping Allen away from the battlefield. The cycle will probably continue until Allen wakes up and changes the flow of the fight with his decision.

Last edited:

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Starts to look like something :)
Niko can you by chance change the original size of your banners? In such a way that you don't see the yellow box above the images suggesting to view the original size. The problem is that they're resized, so it would be great if their real size isn't so big, in order to get rid of the resize yellow box thingy.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Love your speed Niko, great job on the resize there :)
Think the whole product looks pretty good for a first time release, all things considered, so I'll give you the green light to post it in the D.Gray-Man forum :)

As for future discussions, we need to have a look on how things work here, also I don't have awful much time either, so it would be ideal if a new captain for D.Gray-Man were elected.
Before we start a new thread for chapter 213, I think we should use this thread for it's final purpose, getting all the team layout/design & specialities.

There are different ways to do this, so I would like to call for a discussion on the subject.

Also Nike, once you posted it, would you mind link the topic in this thread? This way the 2 topics will be linked, for convenience if we're looking back into past releases & work & comments. Just a link here from here to the release post, no need to include a link in the release post :)

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Starts to look like something :)
Niko can you by chance change the original size of your banners? In such a way that you don't see the yellow box above the images suggesting to view the original size. The problem is that they're resized, so it would be great if their real size isn't so big, in order to get rid of the resize yellow box thingy.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Love your speed Niko, great job on the resize there :)
Think the whole product looks pretty good for a first time release, all things considered, so I'll give you the green light to post it in the D.Gray-Man forum :)

As for future discussions, we need to have a look on how things work here, also I don't have awful much time either, so it would be ideal if a new captain for D.Gray-Man were elected.
Before we start a new thread for chapter 213, I think we should use this thread for it's final purpose, getting all the team layout/design & specialities.

There are different ways to do this, so I would like to call for a discussion on the subject.

Also Nike, once you posted it, would you mind link the topic in this thread? This way the 2 topics will be linked, for convenience if we're looking back into past releases & work & comments. Just a link here from here to the release post, no need to include a link in the release post :)
sure i can do this! Im faster xDD i wanted to see what people would tell, so I did it faster xDD

its here guys! http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/76041-D.Gray-man-212-Joint-Review?p=2838019#post2838019 lets see the comments and stuff and get better in the next one! haha

---------- Post added April 03, 2012 at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was March 31, 2012 at 05:21 AM ----------

people's comments there were awesome, I felt like i've help someone to understand :) will we do it with the 213rd night ?

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Thread closed. Please discuss everything else in the RA HQ Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.