Shounen JoJo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

Malomeat

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

I bring you a fresh scan.

The Jojo's bizarre adventure Series 3 prologue chapter.

It turned out better than i thought it would. Infact. It turned out really nice.
This chapter was made by the author especialy for the american release of series 3. So thats why its never been scanned before.
(I think it hasnt been scanned atleast :p)

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G98ZVIBS
mirror
http://rapidshare.com/files/31176319/Jojos_bizarre_adventure_vol_013_prologue.cbr.html
mirror
http://www.badongo.com/file/3040502
mirror
http://www.mediafire.com/?fcft51zhlu1
As always. Read with CDisplay or open with winrar.

Thanks.

IKKIsama

Reaction score
Country
France

Hi all! Big Jojo fan here! The links to Part 6 Edited Mangas doesn't seem to be working anymore. :(

Could someone please re-post them?

Last edited:

aparador

Reaction score

hey guys! where can i find the complete part 4 of the series and also the part 5 please could yuo help me????

Kevinkuk

Reaction score
Country
United States

hey guys! where can i find the complete part 4 of the series and also the part 5 please could yuo help me????
You can find the complete part 4 on either mangatraders or evil-empire, as for part 5 same thing but volume 63 is missing, if any body knows where to find it the help would be much appreciated.

overkillchaos

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

haloo...i would like to know,is there any jojo part 5 and above english translation downloads??(vol 63 and above)...jojo is the best manga ever...plzz sumone translate it..there are many raws at www.mangapimps.com....sumone plz translate it

benyeh2000

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

i actually found a torrent site that has the complete series but its in Chinese.
Better than nothing huh
http://dijanet.net/stealer1/JoJo6-779.zip <-- Part 6
http://dijanet.net/stealer1/JoJo7-nn.zip <-- Part 7

and yes this site is known for having close to no seeders are there is over 300manga series.
Currently i'm d/ling off this guy that has 99.9%
hopefully he wont go offline anytime soon

Zeratanis

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hmm. Not sure how I should go about on doing this. ^^;; Slightly scan related.

First non scan related: I'm up to the last volume of part III...T__T at the Vanilla Ice battle.

Now, scan related. This is the only place I could think about posting this. ^^;; If it's bad, then please edit anything of this out.

As some people know, Demonrin and I have picked Jojo up as a second series to do when we aren't doing Hellsing(which we're currently working on HQ tankobon scans for volume 9, which is more priority than the recent chapters, as a group called Hiranomoe is currently handling it very nicely). We were originally going to start from Part III to give higher quality versions of that, so people would have to say a "non-yellow" version. We even released a single chapter from volume 14 as say...a test. People liked it, but they wanted different, and Rin and I decided to go into some discussion. Due to popular demand, and because we feel the need to do this more. We decided to start releasing Part IV. People always say how the current ones are nearly unreadable. I myself haven't seen much of them, and certainly don't plan on it. But in the end, we decide to go full time on Part IV of Jojo! This will hopefully please many fans as they'll now have a more readable version. =O

We've been kinda slow with it, needless to say. Mostly translation wise, and thanks to many factors which throws us off coarse, like Smash Brothers Brawl for example. XD But, we have started to get more into line on the work.

One thing though, is image quality wise, it won't be HQ, sorry to say, as the raws we have have some slight issues with tones and such, and the pictures that used to be in colour in the magazine look especially off. We're mainly releasing using these raws until we're able to purchase the Part IV Kazenbans which we've desired for so long, as they provide possibly the best quality possible, coloured pages included!

I released these on another forum I go to, but I feel I should post them here too. Rin and I put together a quick sample to show that we are indeed working! It's only the first 8 (9 if split the spread) pages, but it's enough to show how they'll look (at least the pages that used to be colour, for example), as well as show translation wise how we'll do and compare.

And a note on translation.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, as you know, is a very multi cultural series, ranging all around the world. Araki likes to illustrate this very well. Part IV, in itself, takes place pretty much in solely Japan. For that reason, we wish to preserve the aspects that Araki shows with around the world. Honorifics for example, remaining intact(will give notes when appropriate though), as well as certain words, like "senpai" for example. This also applies for the naming order, for example, Kujo Jotaro. A note on this, is in the raws for Part III, Araki did the naming order properly for everyone non-Japanese(Joseph Jotaro, for example), and when writing out Kakyoin's and Jotaro's names, wrote them in the Japanese order.

Also, a quick note on the usage of the word "fuck". I myself don't like reading Shonen manga filled pack with swears, when really, they are not needed, or the dialect is incorrect for it. But the thugs here in the sample are speaking very rude Japanese, and the language usage was the best way to show it. (Same will go with pretty much any character using quite rude Japanese, only using curses when deemed necessary, for example, Josuke, who speaks quite politely to the thugs questioning him, until at least they insult his hair, THEN he gets nasty. *Grin*) And there you have it!

So, without further a due, here they are!

Page 1
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8710/drjojosample01kc7.png
Page 2
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/893/drjojosample0203mb5.png
Page 3
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6017/drjojosample04uf8.png
Page 4
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5522/drjojosample05gg1.png
Page 5
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2766/drjojosample06wk0.png
Page 6
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5457/drjojosample07km1.png
Page 7
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8884/drjojosample08ti5.png
Page 8
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9122/drjojosample09ip5.png

Enjoy, and look forward to our Full volume releases(as we don't wish to do single chapters)!!

-Zera

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Well, "fuck" isn't as criticized in ES21 where Hiruma, the most popular character, says it almost every other sentence. So I don't know why it should be in Jojo's. You should be fine there, I think, Zera.

We don't have that large a Jojo's fangroup here it seems (or it seems most of them are lurkers) so it's good to see new people possibly filling that niche here, as a helper, possibly. Maybe you can help us there, Zera. :)

Zeratanis

Reaction score
Country
United States

We don't have that large a Jojo's fangroup here it seems (or it seems most of them are lurkers) so it's good to see new people possibly filling that niche here, as a helper, possibly. Maybe you can help us there, Zera. :)
I see what you mean by not having a large fanbase. X_X It's quite surprising since this IS a site dedicated to Edited Mangas, and it's surprising that Demonrin and the other two members(one being I) are the only people that are in this place who felt the need to pick up the series and release more readable Edited Mangas for part IV, and later part V. It also surprises me since Jojo is a very popular series in Japan. o_o

With the helping, hmm. Since I am Demonrin's Cleaner, textsetter, and script editor/translation check(making sure the words flow correctly, proper word usage, etc. Not actual translation) I'm not exactly sure what you mean by helping here. XD What we ARE looking for though, are possibly more text setters, as Jojo is dialog filled, and lots to note on. Our current status is 1 chapter out of 9 are currently complete, and I already had to put in several notes on some dialog. XD Rin is also looking for an assistant translator, since personal stuff gets in the way a bit, and with a reliable assistant, we can get these typed out quicker.

The current goal: Release volume 29 by March 9th, as that's when Super Smash Brothers Brawl is released. XD (I also got to shove Rin into the site to make a certain Help Wanted topic that's months overdue. XD)

-Zera

Last edited:

Sentou Ryoku

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Any progress on pt 6 Edited Mangas, or should I just skip to Steel Ball Run?

Taleran

Reaction score
Country
Canada

All YE fans of Bizarre Adventure

REFUCKINGJOICE

http://www.anonib.com/jojoproject/index.php?b=1

that is correct Stone Ocean is being scanlated as we speak

finally the series will be connected, lend support anyway that you can

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright, this is thread necromancy on a massive scale, but I've taken an interest in JoJo over the course of this year. And having just caught up (with Steel Ball Run, but we don't have a separate thread for that, and it's just Part 7 anyway), I've decided to bring back this thread so as to attract any other JoJo fans that may be lying around.

Anyway, I guess I'll start off by saying that my favorite Part is Part 2. I know that Part 3 is the most popular, and I've heard a fair amount of people say Part 4 or Part 5. But I like Part 2, because Araki's theme of "legacy" was much more present than it was in future Parts. Even Part 3, which was still part of the "Core Story" (Joestars vs. vampires/Dio) did not have as much to do with the preceding Parts as Part 2 did with Part 1. And Araki also had a plot in Part 2, something he didn't have again until Part 6, nearly 10 years later. And it was a good plot to boot. Plus, his "one-upping" style of writing fights was arguably at its top in Part 2 (Joseph vs. Wham is on many levels brilliant, and Joseph vs. Cars is a thrilling fight, an emotional rush that really gets you involved in what's going on on the page. I thought that it was very well-crafted, and its one of my favorite fights in manga.) Plus, there's the man himself. While I couldn't stand Joseph Joestar until around volume 7, when he fought Santana, I grew to love him. His cockiness, his good-natured laziness, his surprising dedication, they all make him into a very likable guy, in a very different way from the amiableness and "goody-two-shoes" feeling of Jonathan (which I respect and like him for, although most people tend to dismiss Jonathan in favor of Joseph).

I love the other Parts too, and Parts 3 and 5 especially are among my favorites (the fights and Stand powers were devilishly brilliant in those fights, plus Part 3 had a great cast of characters, some vestiges of the "legacy" theme, and some very well-crafted epic moments. Although Part 4 had its moments, such as the Man in the Tower arc, that's a favorite of mine.) But to me, Part 2 had something special.

Kyuzo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hear JoJo's pretty insane. I think I read the first couple chapters of Part One waaay back, but I'm thinking about checking it out again. People have told me to start on Part Three, but I'm usually one to read from the start. Where do you generally start and how are the Edited Mangas?

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Start from Part 1. It's only about 12 volumes until Part 3 anyway, and you can't REALLY understand the feud between Dio and the Joestars without Part 1. Plus, Part 1 and Part 2 are just plain fun. There's absolutely no reason to skip them.

As to the Edited Mangas, the translation quality is fine for the first three Parts, although remember that when Jotaro says "well well", he is actually saying his trademark phrase "yare yare daze", which basically means "gimme a break", but the Manga Editors couldn't think of that translation. As to the picture quality, the first two Parts are fine. However, Part 3's Edited Mangas are among the oldest around, and so the picture quality after the first volume is a bit... iffy. It's not BAD, really, but the images don't look clean, they look like they were scanned from paper. It's hard to explain, but once you get up to Part 3 you'll see for yourself. I didn't find it an issue at all, and the only Edited Mangas for Part 3 are Veggie's, so you'll have to make do. But again, it shouldn't be an issue. You can get the series from Veggie's JoJo Page.

Oni_James

Reaction score
Country
Catalonia
Jojo's great, i've read parts I to III, V and VI, i'll read part 4 and Steel Ball Run next (i've started reading both)
i just hated the end of part VI
with Pucci creating another universe, why????
there's no Jotaro now, Jotaro was cool...
Oh god i hate Pucci so much, he was a great villain but not as cool as Dio or Diavolo...in the end he was only a Dio wannabe that completed what Dio couldn't...
i know in SBR there's Gyro Zeppeli, Johnny Joestar and Diego Brando, but it's not the same, oh man, i wish by some chance they would remember what happened in themselves on the other universe

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, in light of certain Stand powers in Steel Ball Run, I've been wondering if Araki will take the chance to restore the series to the original universe. But I don't really know how that particular Stand works, I've only heard things about it, the Edited Mangas aren't up to that part yet.

As to Part 6, well, I guess Araki just felt that 15 years was time for a change of pace. He removed the need to care about most of his original continuity by having that universe end, and could start completely fresh. Not that he started COMPLETELY over in Steel Ball Run, but a lot of the rules have been altered, and the need to play off of elements from past Parts is gone. By ending Stone Ocean the way he did, Araki basically left himself more free to do new things than he'd been since Phantom Blood.

It was certainly an impressive ending, and I didn't take the loss of Jotaro too hard. His Part ended 11 years before Stone Ocean ended. He got cameos in Parts 4, 5, and 6, albeit mostly for fanservice, although he contributed in all but Part 5. But it was time to retire Jotaro, to move the story on from him. There was only so long that he could play off of occasionally reminding people of Part 3, and now Araki has to work with a whole new story. I don't mind, because that phase of JoJo was finished anyway, and I don't mind it being finished canonically as well.

Oni_James

Reaction score
Country
Catalonia
It was certainly an impressive ending, and I didn't take the loss of Jotaro too hard. His Part ended 11 years before Stone Ocean ended. He got cameos in Parts 4, 5, and 6, albeit mostly for fanservice, although he contributed in all but Part 5. But it was time to retire Jotaro, to move the story on from him. There was only so long that he could play off of occasionally reminding people of Part 3, and now Araki has to work with a whole new story. I don't mind, because that phase of JoJo was finished anyway, and I don't mind it being finished canonically as well.
yeah it may be true, but i wouldn't have mind if i saw another Jotaro vs DIO fight during the last battle, something like Pucci saying as he has absolute power he revives DIO, because of all the battle, Jotaro seemed a little out of that group, even if he was one of the clues for defeating Pucci...
if they would make a decent anime... some of the greatest scenes in Jojo like:
Part I:
-The first moments with Zeppeli on how to use Hammon
-Jonathan vs DIO
Part II:
-Joseph's training how to use Hammon
-Joseph vs Wham -> this would be awesome
-Joseph and his group vs Cars
Part III:
-All the stand users that were skipped in the OVAs
-A GOOD ANIMATED ROAD ROLLER COMBO and not that cheap truck that appeared in the OVAs
Part V:
-Giorno vs Cioccolata (specially the last mudah combo and the moment in which he says wrrryyy <in the videogame they skipped the wrrryy>)
-Giorno and his group vs Diavolo
Part VI:
-Jolyne and his group vs Pucci
-and of course, all those sentimental deaths that we've seen in the manga from Zeppeli to F.F.

i really like how Araki does final fights, the "Final boss" of each series gains the ultimate power and the situation goes chaotic beyond the limits of imagination, like in part II with the perfect being, or in part V with Silver Chariot Requiem, also with time acceleration in part VI
it gives a very special feeling that things can't go worse, because you don't only see the protagonists suffering like in other manga/anime, you see all the entire zone near them in chaos

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, Araki's endings are certainly something. Although I find Part 5's, and to a lesser extent Part 6's, ending to be a bit lackluster. It's just that they never really fought Diavolo. The hunt for the Arrow was fun, but after that, there was no fight. Just Gold Experience Requiem utterly defeating Diavolo in defiance of most logic. I mean, Dio was fought, twice. Cars was fought. Kira was fought. Diavolo, however, never really fought anyone except for Risotto, and sort of Bucciarati. And Pucci did have a fight, but not a traditional JoJo-style final battle, in part because Araki had a universe to reform. I found it more satisfying than Part 5's excuse for a final battle, but not by so much.

Oni_James

Reaction score
Country
Catalonia
I finished reading Part IV and SBR to the current scanlated chapters. The last scanlated chapter of SBR is so shocking... :eek:
Part V and VI endings were not as strong as the other parts endings as you say. Part IV was just awesome with Kira being cornrered like a rat and then time stop...killed by an ambulance or a truck... xD
As for SBR...all the Devil Palm's stuff is just like the arrows, may be we se the sixth arrow we didn't see in all the jojo's universe, because if...
Contains spoilers of SBR until chapter 38->
they are gathering Jesus' corpse, everything is posible
lol when i saw Jesus at Blackmore's side i thought "what has happened to Araki? has he gone religious or something?:lmao"
I think Jesus' corpse will be the key for unleashing an allmighty stand that could connect both universes and may be the caotic ending of Steel Ball Run will involve several characters from the original JoJo