Discussion - Julius' revolution coming? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Julius' revolution coming?

waldoputty

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Julius is talking about other countries invading, Asta dying etc. In reality, the military strength of Clover Kingdom is much higher now than before the war. Is Julius really just being Aizen here? What better form to take than that of a nerfed child.

The story has been teaching about the horrors of the class stratified system and the worthless upper class which is the opposite of the merit based system preached by Julius.

Are all Julius' statements preparing the magic knights for a bloodless coup? He would have to convince the knights to basically overthrew their families. One reason would be the King and the nobles wanting to punish/jail/exile the elved knights. That is almost half the military's strength when Julius is warning about external invasion. People like Nozel and Fuegoleon know that 95% of the elved knights were innocent. Would they back Julius in a confrontation with their families and parents?

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
While Julius wants class equality and has some decent foresight, I doubt everything was within his calculations.

As Julius mentioned in the past chapter, he's going to lose a lot of influence with the nobles, so I doubt anything he says will be taken seriously anymore. And while Fuego has always been open minded and Nozel is changing for the better, they won't be able to do much either as I don't think they are the heads of their households. I think their fathers/mothers are still in charge. So even if they were to back Julius, I don't think much would come of it at the moment due to their parents.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
While Julius wants class equality and has some decent foresight, I doubt everything was within his calculations.

As Julius mentioned in the past chapter, he's going to lose a lot of influence with the nobles, so I doubt anything he says will be taken seriously anymore. And while Fuego has always been open minded and Nozel is changing for the better, they won't be able to do much either as I don't think they are the heads of their households. I think their fathers/mothers are still in charge. So even if they were to back Julius, I don't think much would come of it at the moment due to their parents.
We do not know how much time magic Julius had and has.
Here are a things that we do not know:
1. who left Asta and Yuno at the church.
2. why Julius regenerated as a 13 year old.
3. he kept his memories but not all his magic

I am of the opinion he has more than less.
Also that he did more not less.

Of course, the parents are the official heads.
But it is also clear the children are much stronger than the parents as seen in the battles at the castle.
The upper class rules through the military.
A bloodless coup may be the most efficient way for equality.
Did Julius lose on purpose to have the elf war to drive the revolution?
What if we gave Julius with time magic half of the ability to play 4D chess like the word devil?
Need to break some eggs to make an omelet
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now Asta is scapegoat, who is the one person almost all the magic knights will rally to?

Last edited:

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
means an attack on Asta would be unacceptable to most loyalty-bound magic knights
if you are trying to break off silva family and vermillion family from the royalist
even in the kira family would have Finral and perhaps his brother.
of the top 50 magic knights, how many would be loyalty bound to asta?
black bull - yami, noelle, luck, finral, vanessa, charmi, gauche, henry - all top 100 if not top 100
golden dawn - william out of guilt, yuno, claus, mimosa, and those in debt due to being elved - compass girl and david
crimson lion - fuegoleon, leo, mereo
silver eagle - here is where it gets interest- nozel would support asta?
mantis - jack will probably support asta
blue rose - not sure what happened with charla but she would be one of the elved ones, but sol would probably support asta
orcas - kaiser would again have been elved
aqua deer - rill would probably support asta
peacock - dorothy would probably remember what happened. kirsch would probably support asta

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
The problem is that few influential people can speak in favor of Asta. Perhaps only the Vermillions. The Silva is more complex (Noelle surely, Nozelle not so much).

In the end Asta has friends especially among the people, and that counts for very little for the royalty.

Any nobles are in a very compromised position because of the elven possession.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
The problem is that few influential people can speak in favor of Asta. Perhaps only the Vermillions. The Silva is more complex (Noelle surely, Nozelle not so much).

In the end Asta has friends especially among the people, and that counts for very little for the royalty.

Any nobles are in a very compromised position because of the elven possession.
how much of the royalty was killed?
most of silva?
most of kira?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
No one has ever seen other Silva and Vermillion apart from the known ones, however I believe that no one important died.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
No one has ever seen other Silva and Vermillion apart from the known ones, however I believe that no one important died.
Well, I believe the Silva residence was slaughtered pretty thoroughly as well as the Kira.
It seems Mimosa and company was able to save many at the Vermillion residence.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
They were generic nobles

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont know how generic they were as they were in the royal castle. Either way, my belief is that Julius is planning a lot of this, and would not be surprised at all if he chose the child form he is in.

The ultimate goal is likely giving Clover a discrimination-free society, even if an elf war was needed. What better way to split off the good guys from the old order than have the old order go after Asta.

Notice that Julius is rarely in any real fights and chooses to be away. Then he appears again at the end of the arcs making some excuse after the good guys grew from the fight. In the elf arc, he got 'killed' and his time magic took too long to regenerate him.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But there is not much to understand, they were nobles who frequented the castle and found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
i suspect there are more living in the castle than a family of 5 and servants.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Honestly, I doubt that Julius is that kind of person, someone who arrives to risk his life to save the country ...

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly, I doubt that Julius is that kind of person, someone who arrives to risk his life to save the country ...

well we disagree there. i see julius as the most likely one to be the mastermind behind a lot of things, whether it is asta/yuno at the church steps or returning late to fight in the elf arc etc.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

well, probably not civil war at this point.
but certainly the black bulls and others may be storming the courthouse or other location to help asta.

TitaniumOxide

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Black Bulls just came and did just that and asked them to shove their laws up their asses. It was a great site to behold. Especially Vanessa. Now I expect some other allies to do the same. Can you guys imagine if Mareoleona comes bursting in? Even Damnatio will have to shut the fuck up in her presence.

And speaking of Damnatio, where the hell was he during the fights? What a fucking pussy, cowardice piece of shit. I hope someone kicks his ass soon. Judge away, you'll still get your teeth knocked out.

As for the Julius plot, I don't mind if he is masterminding this stuff. He is doing it for the better and the Black Bulls do not mind taking the spotlight, for better or for worse so it's perfect. He probably want to use this as an excuse to probe into Asta's devilish powers but I mean he could use any number of excuses to explore the devil's powers. I'm starting to think that this dude is from the future...and is here trying to update his past so he can have a more desirable future.

Last edited:

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Revolutions are serious things and they are not done without getting your hands dirty.

Unfortunately it is a shonen, so you have to save "everyone" with the strength of "love each other".

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Black Bulls just came and did just that and asked them to shove their laws up their asses. It was a great site to behold. Especially Vanessa. Now I expect some other allies to do the same. Can you guys imagine if Mareoleona comes bursting in? Even Damnatio will have to shut the fuck up in her presence.

And speaking of Damnatio, where the hell was he during the fights? What a fucking pussy, cowardice piece of shit. I hope someone kicks his ass soon. Judge away, you'll still get your teeth knocked out.

As for the Julius plot, I don't mind if he is masterminding this stuff. He is doing it for the better and the Black Bulls do not mind taking the spotlight, for better or for worse so it's perfect. He probably want to use this as an excuse to probe into Asta's devilish powers but I mean he could use any number of excuses to explore the devil's powers. I'm starting to think that this dude is from the future...and is here trying to update his past so he can have a more desirable future.
i think the nobles back down when more support arrives as in the form of other squads and probably mini-julius. no way yuno is not coming, as well as the foreshadowed mimosa/klaus/rebecca/old hag/etc.

yes, this could be what is needed for start the process of a bloodless coup/revolution/evolution.

i dont think there is anything wrong with julius doing this. he obviously cares about the people and equality. in these types of stories, there is often a narrator who may not be identified. in this case, julius and nero are my top candidates.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
The problem is that on one hand it is unlikely that a class that has dominated a country for centuries can review its positions overnight, on the other hand a revolution made by getting your hands dirty would put Asta and the others on the wrong side making them similar to Rades and companions ....

waldoputty

Reaction score
Country
United States
I expect the revolution to be essentially bloodless.

Interesting that Julius warned of Asta's death, the destruction of Clover or both, but yet he simply ordered Asta and Nero to be taken to a mission when shit hits the fan.

Last edited: