英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
#12 TOC
Dear Call (Lead Color Page, New Series)
Kono Oto Tomare!
Platinum End
Dokyuu Hentai HxEros (Cover, Poster Color and Anime Announcement)
Yuukoku no Moriarty+ Poster Color to celebrate Vol 10
Kemono Jihen+ Poster Color to celebrate Vol 9
Shin Tennis no Oujisama
Houkago no Oujisama
Owari no Seraph
Kawaiisugi Crisis (Color Page)
Blue Exorcist (Color Page to celebrate Vol 24)

Salaryman Exorcist
Gag Manga Biyori GB
Rurouni Kenshin
Sousei no Onmyouji
Frequent Demonstration (Color Page, Oneshot by Medaka Box duo)
Beat (Oneshot)
Kojirase Hyakki Dominor
Dark Gathering
Babubabu Panic (Oneshot)
Otome no Harawata Hoshi no Iro (Color Page to celebrate Vol 3)
Majo no Kaigashuu

#1 of 2019 Issue preview
World Trigger (Cover for Vol 21)
Sousei no Onmyouji (Lead Color Page for Vol 20 and new developments)
Dear Call (Color Page)
Owari no Seraph (Color Page+ Character Poll Results)
Kojirase Hyakki Dominor (Color Page for Vol 4)
Wait a second, did Moriarty and Kemono both get color pages this issue too? I'm definitely assuming that Otome, Majo, Kojirase, and Dark Gathering probably won't live to see the end up 2020, or maybe even the middle of it. I actually think all of those series aren't too bad, but with their sales, I can't imagine them sticking around for too much longer.

Shinuki no Reborn

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Is Dear Call from a known artist? the art looks so similar.

Vizard

Reaction score
Country
Genosha
Sousei no Onmyouji #20

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States

Although I don't follow too much from Jump SQ as a whole anymore, from what I can tell, it seems as though the magazine had a pretty standard year throughout 2019, not amazing but also not awful. There was a decent level of stability in the magazine, with only 4 new series starting during the year. Fitting nicely with the laws of physics, 4 series also concluded during the year, all of which being relatively new series. Likewise, 1 series transferred out and 1 )World Trigger!) transferred in. As a result, a gap similar to what is occurring in Weekly Young Jump is starting to form a bit between Rurouni Kenshin and the next newest series likely to stick around for a while.

There were a nice amount of series that were able to achieve perfect attendance: Houkago no Ouji-sama, Salaryman Exorcist: Okumura Yukio no Aishuu, Sousei no Onmyouji, Masuda Kousuke Gekijou: Gag Mangabiyori GB, Yuukoku no Moriarty, Kemono Jihen, Dokyuu Hentai HxEros, Majo no Kaigashuu, Kojirase Hyakki Do-Minor de Nanban Kouta, and Otome no Harawata Hoshi no Iro. Although that may not have been too exclusive of a list, it's nice to see that the authors are doing well health-wise. As for a more exclusive list, the award for the most color pages was a three-way tie between Kemono Jihen, Dokyuu Hentai HxEros, and Otome no Harawata Hoshi no Iro with 5 color pages each. With Dokyuu getting an anime adaptation this coming year, it wouldn't surprise me if it is able to maintain that record for another year running next year,

Looking ahead, I'm guessing at least a few of the newer series will meet their demise since most of the newest series seem to be trapped towards the bottom of the TOC. Although it's hard to call this a problem by itself, many of the older series still sell quite well, with only a few noticing sizable declines each volume. There are some very interesting series contained within the slew of exorcism series in the magazine, and although they didn't work out too well this past year, I hope the editors keep trying to serialize some series with unique premises, such as Kono Oto Tomare!. Since I don't follow much too closely here, I'm pretty curious to see if any of the older exorcism series will end up wrapping up this coming year, as well as seeing if World Trigger could reach new sales heights.

revo68

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Jump SQ February Issue Preview & Dokyu Hentai HxEros Cast

Jump SQ February Issue Preview
Cover: Kemono Jihen (Important Announcement) & Moriarty the Patriot (Important Announcement)
LCP: World Trigger
CP: DEAR CALL; Kemono Jihen; Moriarty the Patriot; New Prince of Tennis; Unmei no Hito (Oneshot) by Ōgoshi Sanae
Oneshot: Teihen BL de Nariagaru by Shimizu Kousei

Dokyu Hentai HxEros Cast
Matsuoka Yohitsugu (VA): Enjou Retto
Kakuma Ai (VA): Hoshino Kirara
Yahagi Sayuri (VA): Momozono Momoka
Kuwahara Yuuki (VA): Tenkuuji Sora
Kayano Ai (VA): Shirayuki Maihime

Last edited:

CrOF

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Cover: Moriarty the Patriot (Important Announcement)
Finally, have little doubt it's anything but an anime, so hoping for a good studio.

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Happy for both likely getting an anime! Good to see Jump SQ with some buzz around.

Next is probably the Rurouni Kenshin sequel. Meanwhile, Platinum End is still waiting.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Happy for both likely getting an anime! Good to see Jump SQ with some buzz around.

Next is probably the Rurouni Kenshin sequel. Meanwhile, Platinum End is still waiting.
Actoall that's pretty possible with Kenshin's sequel. 2021 will be the 25th anniversary to the original anime, and with that we could have a complete reboot to tie in to the sequel and also have it progress quite a bit. I have no idea how far into the arc are we or how long will it take.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
No surprise but Kekkai Sensen will have a Jump Festa Stage. Please announce a season 3...

Reactions: Nii

Magister Xehanort

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Manga Plus is translated and published the new chapter of Sousei at Onmyouji. Did they start translating the series now?

Shinuki no Reborn

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yes, they started Sousei no Onmyouji, and this was also that i was thinking this days, that they should really pick more SQ mangas, that are some really good series that they should be releasing, they could even pick the new manga that have only 2 chapters, it seems interesting looking the raw.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jump SQ February Issue Preview & Dokyu Hentai HxEros Cast

Jump SQ February Issue Preview
Cover: Kemono Jihen (Important Announcement) & Moriarty the Patriot (Important Announcement)
LCP: World Trigger
CP: DEAR CALL; Kemono Jihen; Moriarty the Patriot; New Prince of Tennis; Unmei no Hito (Oneshot) by Ōgoshi Sanae
Oneshot: Teihen BL de Nariagaru by Shimizu Kousei

Dokyu Hentai HxEros Cast
Matsuoka Yohitsugu (VA): Enjou Retto
Kakuma Ai (VA): Hoshino Kirara
Yahagi Sayuri (VA): Momozono Momoka
Kuwahara Yuuki (VA): Tenkuuji Sora
Kayano Ai (VA): Shirayuki Maihime
Ahhh finally JumpSQ starting to get the results after cultivating all these series, HxEros and now Kemono Jihen and Moriarty? great!

It really sucks that Ao no Exorcist is stuck with no new season yet, i don't know why the hell season 2 was 12/13 episodes when it had enough material to probably go over a year, and now it has even more.

Last edited:

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Twin Star is a step back to Binbougami-GA.

Shinuki no Reborn

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
They seriously waited for 10 years to open a official Ao no Exorcist twitter lmaoo xD

Please, let this mean season 3 is coming