Mag Talk - JUMP SQ News and Discussion (2014 - 2021) | Page 93 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk JUMP SQ News and Discussion (2014 - 2021)

Your opinion about the 1st episode of Platinum End?

• Great

• Good

• Decent

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Despite the hiatuses the recent volume still sold well. We have to see how the next volume sells but it should be more or less the same tbh.
How much it sold?

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States

Jump SQ seems to of had a pretty solid 2018, especially with the return of a series with a controversial author that has still managed to sell quite well. I'll admit that now that my beloved Chihaya-san wa Sonomama de Ii has concluded, there's not a whole lot that I personally follow in this magazine at the present, and half of what I am following (I'm looking at you Demon Tune) is struggling quite a bit. Dokyuu ****** HxEros seems to be doing fine for now, so at least I have that going for me lol. Besides that, it seems like a pretty standard year for the magazine: 6 new series premiered and 5 lived to see the light of 2019. 7 series either ended or were transferred elsewhere during 2018.

Time for some stats! Dokyuu ****** HxEros cranked the ecchi up a notch and managed to secure the most color pages this year, with 6 out of the 12 issues being color pages for it! 9 series managed to have perfect attendance in all 12 issues: Houkago no Ouji-sama, Salaryman Exorcist: Okumura Yukio no Aishuu, Sousei no Onmyouji, Masuda Kousuke Gekijou: Gag Mangabiyori GB, Yuukoku no Moriarty, Kemono Jihen, Dokyuu ****** HxEros, Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei, and Majo no Kaigashuu. The lowest standard deviation (lower = position in TOC changes less each issue; higher = position changes more each issue) goes to Owari no Seraph in a positive way and Sentaku no Toki in a negative way. The highest standard deviation went to Märchen Mädchen before it was axed now belongs to Untrace.

What does 2019 hold for Jump SQ? The answer is simple: World Trigger! The much anticipated return of the WSJ favorite resulted in a transfer to SQ beginning in Issue 1, so I'm expected in will do quite well in its new home. Besides from that, I think what has been doing well in the old guard will likely continue to thrive and last throughout 2019. As for the newer series, I doubt most of the series that premiered this past year will last for too much longer. The majority of them already are trending toward nearly the bottom of the TOC over the last couple issues of 2018, so if more space is ever needed, my guess is that these will be the first to go, rather than telling an established series to wrap things up. I've been seeing some people on here hoping that Platinum End will conclude since its sales have fallen so much, but with the new serializations of 2018 largely not connecting with readers, it may stick around just because it still moves volumes, albeit less than before. Regardless, hopefully Jump SQ can start things off well in 2019!

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I like the little changes like how Chika's trion cube is now black or how Yuuma curves his Scorpion blade.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Demon Tune is getting moved to Jump+, so expect that to end momentarily.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Why did Ashihara kept the "weekly release" going with two 20ish pages chapters and not doing a single 40+ chapter? Does this mean he plans to return to Shounen Jump someday?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why did Ashihara kept the "weekly release" going with two 20ish pages chapters and not doing a single 40+ chapter? Does this mean he plans to return to Shounen Jump someday?
maybe it was just planneed that way, probably could write tons of the plot and pace it out for the usual page lengths in his two year absence

OfficialHxH

Reaction score
Country
United States
Probably easier for the tankobons

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Some writers just prefer that structure, I think New Prince of Tennis still often splits up chapters into 2-3 separate parts.

It's also possible Ashihara wrote them for WSJ originally and was originally going to stay there for longer.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Sousei no onmyouji
Manga vol. 17 and novel vol. 3 PV

3 millions copies in print

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
King Golf author still goes with this 'weekly release' 6 years into his serialization in Sunday Super.

ruggia

Reaction score
Country
South Korea

Demon Tune moving to Jump SQ Jump+

Last edited:

Sheep1

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to reread it twice but I genuinely thought they were going to add more series from JUMP SQ. Would have loved to have seen Kono Oto Tomare! added to the lineup as well as some more series from JUMP SQ. I wonder if D Gray Man will be added as well.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I had to reread it twice but I genuinely thought they were going to add more series from JUMP SQ. Would have loved to have seen Kono Oto Tomare! added to the lineup as well as some more series from JUMP SQ. I wonder if D Gray Man will be added as well.
i wish twin star exorcists and platinum end got promoted to this as well.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Technically they've got one more, since World Trigger's in SQ now. Would've had 4 with Rurouni Kenshin if not for the scandal.

Where even is Platinum End? I always wanted to read the legal one but I could never find it anywhere, they really need to put it on this service with everything else.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Technically they've got one more, since World Trigger's in SQ now. Would've had 4 with Rurouni Kenshin if not for the scandal.

Where even is Platinum End? I always wanted to read the legal one but I could never find it anywhere, they really need to put it on this service with everything else.
They sell its chapters each month on the website (only) since its Mature rated. https://www.viz.com/platinum-end

OfficialHxH

Reaction score
Country
United States

They probably wont put Platinum End on there cause of the rating. They have it on their website though https://www.viz.com/read/platinum-end/section/25091/more#c-0-s-1 but it costs a dollar for a chapter lol

Status
Not open for further replies.