Hangout - K-Music Hangout / The K- Music Show | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout K-Music Hangout / The K- Music Show

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: K-Music Hangout

"I Don't Care" by 2NE1 is ok. I'm having a hard time trying to listen to some of these tunes from start to finish. I wonder if any of these groups/artists actually watch back their own music videos or more importantly; their own live performances. Some of them are really good but there are plenty that are just "too in your face". :XD

Now this is a good live performance by Wonder Girls. :D

Edit: Is it me or did DJ Masa put to shame some of the original tracks/videos he used in the 2010 mash up mix? xD

Last edited:

After_Image

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I thought this was cool. Basically it says that KARA & SNSD are predicted to top the Japanese industry for 2011 beating out groups from Japan itself.

I was also reading that KARA has hit it big with the Japanese population and are almost heard everywhere. I just hope they both do great and can't wait to see what they come out with. :amuse

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

KARA. I can get use to this. :hurr

I thought SNSD were a completely different group to Girls' Generation. :darn KARA are good but I think SNSD have the greater fan base and influence in the K/J Pop scene. They're all over the place. Commercials, billboards, etc. I would like to see more solo female artist rising up from the K-music scene tbh.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: The K-Music Show!

SNSD release “Visual Dreams” music video!
by CM on January 18, 2011

The nine girls of SNSD have just moments ago released the music video to “Visual Dreams“, the song created for their Intel endorsement.

The release comes just under a week after their teaser release and just a few days after the full song dropped.

Check it out!

The girls also performed at the Intel Core Processor launch show on the 18th.

KARA’s Seungyeon, Nicole, Hara, & Jiyoung to split from DSP Media
by VITALSIGN on January 18, 2011

Reports of KARA splitting from their agency, DSP Media Entertainment, has sent shockwaves throughout the music industry. The members of KARA, excluding leader Gyuri, reasoned that they had lost their confidence in their relationship with DSP Media Entertainment, and that it could never be regained again.

Landmark, KARA’s lawyers, reported on January 19th:

“Despite KARA receiving much love from their activities in both Korea and Japan, the members have experienced inexplicable pain that brought them to this decision. They’ve held it in for a long time, but in order to protect their rights and their future, the members have decided to part ways from their company.

KARA has tried their absolute best in compromising with their company prior to their decision, but their agency used their power in forcing the members to fulfill schedules that they did not want, and continuously added activities on top of a loaded schedule without prior consent or discussion. The psychological damages that the members were forced to endure cannot be explained in words, and their efforts have gone to waste. Their misery is severe, and they can no longer remain under such a company, which is why they decided to declare their withdrawal.

Trust is the most important aspect of a relationship between an agency and its artist, but the agency has been using KARA as a way to make money. A variety of issues that have not been stated are still present. The agency has decided the majority of the girls’ celebrity activities without any sort of discussion or meeting, and has rejected requests asking for explanations or for proper documents. Their relationship has been destroyed to the point that it could never be restored again.“

Representatives of DSP Media commented, “This is ridiculous, we are not sure what went wrong. We have yet to understand the situation. We’ll be releasing an official statement soon.”

However, because Park Gyuri is not joining the members’ lawsuit, it’s expected to have an impact on KARA’s future activities. KARA is currently filming for their Japanese drama, “URAKARA,” and has been juggling activities both in Korea and Japan. With the group being split into 4:1, many are expecting a variety of different issues to stem from this lawsuit.

Source: Star Today, Star News

KARA’s Gyuri didn’t know about the contract terminations
by VITALSIGN on January 18, 2011

After KARA’s Seungyeon, Nicole, Hara, and Jiyoung declared that they were filing a lawsuit to terminate their exclusive contracts with DSP Media, leader Gyuri revealed her thoughts on the situation through Star News.

On January 19th, she stated, “I heard only just now that my dongsaengs were terminating their contracts with our agency. I am not sure of the situation right now, I have to call the other members and our agency.”

She continued, “I saw the articles just now as well. I will find out. I’ve been alone since last night because my radio program ended late, but all I want to do is be with the KARA members right now. That is the proper path. I’ll be talking with them after I understand precisely what is going on.”

Source: Star News via Nate

Last edited:

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
Reaction score
Country
Australia

So, as promised to Bugz, I've finished my lunch and it's time to revive this thread! :XD

SS501's Jungmin released his solo album today! Here's the MV of the title track, 'Not Alone'.
Oh, and speaking of solos, Big Bang's Seungri also has his solo album out! But there's no MV just YET... :(

Anyway, random question to get some discussion going... what's your favourite K-Pop dance you've seen?
I've actually got quite a few... 2PM's "zombie dance" from Heartbeat was a pretty cool concept, if not slightly weird. :XD The bit at the end was pretty awesome as well... (I'm talking about the pyramid at around 3:35.)
There's also Infinite's BTD with their "scorpion move," (at 2:20) also, they're basically perfectly in sync as well, which makes it even more awesome. :p
As for girl groups, in my opinion, miss A's Bad Girl Good Girl would be the best... a lot of the time, girl group dances have a lot of instances where the rest of the group would just pose while the person who is singing sings, but Bad Girl Good Girl has quite a rigorous dance compared to some other girl group dances. Also, they perform some really awesome lives with the full choreography! :tem

So anyway, what about you guys? :XD

kakashi919

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago

I haven't watched many male MVs so I don't really know any of their dances -_-;
As for the women, 2NE1's dance in Clap your hands is my favorite... 4Minute's First and I my me mine was also great. Kara's Mister,all the Chocolate Love :hurr
There's a lot :XD

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Hey Kash! 4Minute's 'WHY' PV is out! :tem It's Japanese, but they're Korean... so :noworry

kakashi919

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago

Thank you Icey~ :wtf
Though that link tells me it's a private video :oh I found another one though :XD

After_Image

Reaction score
Country
United States

After School's Kahi has released her debut solo mini album. :turtle

you can listen to it here.

You can also check out the teaser MV for 'Come Back, You Bad Person' here.

I hope her album does well. :cheerbunny

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Oooh! :zomg The teaser looks awesome! :tem

I've been listening to 'Come Back, You Bad Person' on repeat... it's really catchy. :XD

Speaking of After School, I wonder when Bekah will come back and when the whole group will make a comeback? I'm curious about the new member. :XD She performed pretty well in one of the Gayo Daejuns with her guitar. :thumbs

Full MV is out now! :zomg

Last edited:

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

How did you all get into Korean music?

I remember one of the first artists I've listed to were: BoA, Shinhwa, Hyolee and DBSK in elementary/middle school. ^^​

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Me, I somehow found a super funny Korean show on you tube called X man sometime back. Which had me turn into a fan of the show really fast. After that I listened to some of the guests who were singers then watched a few dramas and stuff.

Among others current favs are Epik High and Davichi <3 :drool

^ :worship their awesomeness ^^

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Oooh~ X Man! XD I've watched a few clips from that! :XD

I got into K-pop because my friend had Super Junior's "U" on her iPod, and I started listening to it. :p And then I got addicted!

Awesome song that's totally stuck in my head right now: Song Ji Eun - Going Crazy

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
Reaction score
Country
Australia

f(x) is revealing their comeback teaser tomorrow!! :zomg Excited? I am!! :XD

^ (This was to revive the thread. :scry)

Last edited:

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Are they the ones that are your current favourites? :XD If so, have you checked out Dal Shabet's new song?

I heard Block B's song yesterday, and it's growing on me... :XD Mirror Mirror is so catchy, it's addictive! And with Dr. Feel Good, the lyrics are kinda... yeahhh... but it's soooo catchy. <_>

Another song that's stuck in my head would be Rainbow's 'To Me'. In my opinion, it's a huge improvement from their previous songs, and it shows their more mature side. :amuse

EDIT: Look what just dropped in 2 hours ago!! f(x)'s comeback teaser!!!
:zomg I'm liking it already! There's so much auto-tune though. <_>

Last edited:

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
Reaction score
Country
Australia

My internet is capped again! :shakefist
Though I heard the audio for it at my friend's house yesterday. :tem As usual, the teasers make it sound awesome, but when I heard it, I was kind of disappointed. :( The 'Danger' part wasn't as accentuated as it was in the teaser, and that was my favourite part of it. :XD Then again, I've only heard it once, so I guess I should give it a few more tries. :amuse

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: The K-Music Show!

KARA to donate all income from “Jet Coaster Love” towards disaster relief
by asphodel on March 14, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Via allkpop:

In light of the recent tragedies in Japan, KARA will be donating all their income from their new single “Jet Coaster Love” towards disaster relief efforts.

A representative from DSP Media stated, “…for the victims of the earthquakes and tsunamis, all of the proceeds from KARA’s new single will be donated.”

They added,“The KARA members are very hurt for the Japanese people and fans who have showed them so much love. They’re constantly looking for updates on the internet and television… They were looking for a way to help victims, and decided on donating the money from their new single.”

Source: Newsen

♪ Welcome to the K-Music Show!! ♪

Hello everyone!! Welcome to the K-Music Show. I am Destiny your VJ and I will do my best to make your time here on the show as enjoyable as possible.

(I don’t know who the author of the fanart is, but if you know his/her name please let me know. I’ll love to give him/her credit for the fanart above)

I just noticed it but…we never had a music contest here on the K-Music Show, so what about having one very soon? :)

To nominate the songs for the contest you can post a K-song in any of the threads of this board (starting from now), or you can send me a PM with a link to the song, or you can post a link to the song in this thread.

I’ll check the nominees on Sunday and will start the contest on Sunday as well.

I’m going to extend the deadline to this coming Friday, so that in that way there is more time to nominate the songs. ^_^

These are the nominees we have so far:

1) 0330 by U-Kiss nominated by Iceiphoenix

2) Madonna by Secret nominated by Totinona.

It seems we only have 3 nominees for this K-show :):

1) “0330” by U-Kiss posted by Iceiphoenix

2) “Madonna” by Secret posted by Totinona.

3) “Supa Dupa Diva” by Dal★Shabet posted by alice&uncas.

I’ll create the poll and begin the contest in a few minutes. ^_^

♪ Welcome to the K-Music Show!! ♪

Hello everyone!! Welcome to the K-Music Show. I am Destiny your VJ and I will do my best to make your time here on the show as enjoyable as possible.

(I don’t know who the author of the fanart is, but if you know his/her name please let me know. I’ll love to give him/her credit for the fanart above)

This time the music contest will be the battle of the groups!! We have one boy group and two girl groups as nominees. So without further ado, I would like to introduce you to the nominees for the music contest :

The first nominee is:
“0330” by U-Kiss posted by Iceiphoenix

The second nominee is:
“Madonna” by Secret posted by Totinona.

And last but not least, the third nominee is:
“Supa Dupa Diva” by Dal★Shabet posted by alice&uncas.

Here’s the poll. :) You can start voting now; the poll will be opened until next Friday. May the best song win! :confetti

Just stopping by to remind you guys to vote for your favorite song. :)

Last edited:

After_Image

Reaction score
Country
United States

After School has released their full album named 'Virgin' and a music video for the single 'Shampoo'.

Posting again to revive. ;-;

SISTAR's subgroup SISTAR 19 with Bora and Hyorin have released a music video to their single 'Ma Boy'.

Last edited: