Reaction score
Country
Australia

Author: Aka Akasaka
Genre: Romantic Comedy, Psycholgical
Magazine: Weekly Young Jump
aka Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen

Synopsis
At Shuuchin Academy, a school for the best and brightest, there are two students who stand out from the rest. First is Student Council President Miyuki Shirogane, a handsome young man of modest means who tops Japan's mock exams, achieving this through a fierce commitment to studies. Second is Student Council Vice President Kaguya Shinomiya, a wealthy heiress who was educated in various arts from an early age.

As the pair spend time together with their Council duties they develop feelings for one another, and they would gladly take the other - as long as they are confessed to! Their pride cannot yield to such a thing as romance without an incentive. In matters of love, the one who confesses is the loser!

Brandish μ

aka Brandish
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Am I the only one that thinks its weird this manga doesn't have an active thread? :hmm
Is it harder to discuss because it's episodic? But yea, after the anime being successful, it's a bit of a surprise (that there's no activity).

I haven't read the manga in a long time... skimmed a few chaps last year and saw that kiss :love

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Is it harder to discuss because it's episodic? But yea, after the anime being successful, it's a bit of a surprise (that there's no activity).

I haven't read the manga in a long time... skimmed a few chaps last year and saw that kiss :love
This is one of the best japanese romcoms I've ever read, and Im rather picky with those :p
You should pick it up again Bran, that kiss only meant the end of the beggining... :fan

XZOA

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Hope Aka keeps giving us chapters like 175. Such a lovey dovey chapter.

Erinyes

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Oh btw the author of Kaguya sama is launching a new manga :

"Kaguya-sama: Love is War manga creator Aka Akasaka revealed on his Twitter account on Thursday that he will launch the Oshi no Ko manga in this year's 21st issue of Shueisha's Weekly Young Jump magazine on April 23. Mengo Yokoyari (Scum's Wish) is illustrating the series. The story will center on an "overwhelmingly cute" heroine and show the entertainment industry with a "never-before-seen point of view."
Akasaka confirmed that the new manga will run in the magazine simultaneously with Kaguya-sama: Love is War.
"
Source : Ann

Was surprised, i thought Kaguya was ending, but seemingly he will do both simultaneaously. Looking forward to it.

eefrit

Living Happy
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is one of the best romcoms because the couple actually gets together instead of teasing that bullcrap.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
This manga is so meta I love it. Ship wars! :lmao