Shoujo Kaichou wa Maid-sama! by Fujiwara Hiro

Elleian

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Kaichou wa Maid-sama! by Fujiwara Hiro

Which is why i'm turned off about the whole thing. She was a pretty strong admirable girl in the beginning of the story. She should at least have some bit of dignity!

Seppuku

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

I'm really curious to who exactly Usui is though, he's completely shrouded in mystery. And I'll be looking forward to the anime. Hopefully it'll match up to the manga's level, unlike many other shojo animes which ruin the manga D:

Sportgal1

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Trailer for the anime here

It's supposed to be coming April 1st, according to potato-otaku (the Manga Editors)

Its seems like such a long time, and I hope it's worth it!:)

niiica

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

This is probably one of the recent popular shoujo mangas that I don't like. It's too predictable. It's just... boring.

rmdichos

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

The story actually is fun at start.. but then i lost interest in the middle of the story...

rajand

Reaction score
Country
Estonia

Heh, i really like the manga and the anime puts colors into the story, tho the character are all diff and some stuff got skipped. But i still love it!
I dont think its that predictable or i have just not read that many shoujo mangas like some of you. <_<
Anyway, its my favorite manga atm. ^w^

NeverBreakXPact

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hello everyone, I'm sharing the DRAMA CD from Lala. I don't know if this has already been shared, but here you go!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3L5WVZML

Sportgal1

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Here is the volume 8 of KWMS, in case any is interested:p A bit random, but different!

Reactions: GB

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

this is pretty good manag and anime as well.me like. Btw is there gonna be season 2?

White Rose

Reaction score
Country
Iceland

pretty good plot, though I dont really like the characters

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

this is pretty good manag and anime as well.me like. Btw is there gonna be season 2?
Season 2 of the anime? Considering its popularity, seems like there will be another one out. Not sure though.

What do you guys think of the latest chapter, and about what would happen? The last chapter was sweet. I was kinda glad since it's after a long journey, rejection from Misaki over and over, the couple had managed to come together. Though the reason behind that is kinda... disappointing. XD Disappointing because I had hoped that Misaki would do it over the fact that she just likes Usui too much and can't hide it anymore. But this is because he's going to transfer? Aww. :P

(Sorry if I missed anything because I only watched the anime, then continued the manga at somehow a random basis, just to know how far they've advanced. XD)

GB

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

Season 2 of the anime? Considering its popularity, seems like there will be another one out. Not sure though.

What do you guys think of the latest chapter, and about what would happen? The last chapter was sweet. I was kinda glad since it's after a long journey, rejection from Misaki over and over, the couple had managed to come together. Though the reason behind that is kinda... disappointing. XD Disappointing because I had hoped that Misaki would do it over the fact that she just likes Usui too much and can't hide it anymore. But this is because he's going to transfer? Aww. :P

(Sorry if I missed anything because I only watched the anime, then continued the manga at somehow a random basis, just to know how far they've advanced. XD)
hey phio welcome to the Maid-sama ;) Well yeah it is hella popular, hwoever I really doubt tis gonna be season 2 at this point. However i find it weird that they have an ending episode that comes in the manga. FOr example misakis birthday. I am so happy that takumi and misaki are finally together, dunno how its all gonna turn out with Takumi probable being taken in to the main family. I have a feeling there relationship will have certain hardships. A bit like SPecial A

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

hey phio welcome to the Maid-sama ;) Well yeah it is hella popular, hwoever I really doubt tis gonna be season 2 at this point. However i find it weird that they have an ending episode that comes in the manga. FOr example misakis birthday. I am so happy that takumi and misaki are finally together, dunno how its all gonna turn out with Takumi probable being taken in to the main family. I have a feeling there relationship will have certain hardships. A bit like SPecial A
LOL, thank you. Like I wrote above, I'm actually following this series, just not that detailed. XD
The anime ended a bit too soon and too happy for me, unlike the manga which still has more complications. That's why I like. I'm happy that they finally confessed it to everyone. The way they did it was just hilarious, I couldn't help but laughing. Still, Usui-kun is awesome. XD It seems like from now on the problem will be about family. I'm looking forward to know what they will have to face.

I forgot what happened to Gerard or whatever Usui-kun's brother's name is. The last time I saw him was in hospital, I guess? He didn't die, did he? XD

Reactions: GB

GB

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

LOL, thank you. Like I wrote above, I'm actually following this series, just not that detailed. XD
The anime ended a bit too soon and too happy for me, unlike the manga which still has more complications. That's why I like. I'm happy that they finally confessed it to everyone. The way they did it was just hilarious, I couldn't help but laughing. Still, Usui-kun is awesome. XD It seems like from now on the problem will be about family. I'm looking forward to know what they will have to face.

I forgot what happened to Gerard or whatever Usui-kun's brother's name is. The last time I saw him was in hospital, I guess? He didn't die, did he? XD
nope he just has ome issues with health. THats why they want takumi to become his shadow

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

A new chapter is already out, by the way, thanks to yuki. :XD

Sooo, I didn't think that Usui's transfer would be so fast. Now a new arc has begun, each of them has their own opponents to deal with. I should say that Misaki did well at the end of the latest chapter. Though it is not really feminine, I still like it because it makes me feel as if they are standing on the same level and fight and protect each other equally. What a lovely couple, makes me envy them. XDD

What kind of troubles do you think Usui would have from now? What does his brother have anything to do with the new school?

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Ah, it's getting more interesting, isn't it?
I love it that Usui still have that sneaky smile. Aww~~ :lovebunny

Obviously Usui will have "problems" with his new classmates, though I heavily suspect that Usui will just go through it easily. He's an alien, after all. :XD and oh, I think the girl is not bluffing when she says she's Usui's fiancee though I really hope she's not.

GB

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

I also think that she might be, cuz when she said that to Misaki, Usui had such an intense and serious face. Lol'ed at Misaki's comment though. Oh my god awesome

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Yeah, Usui's fiancee seems quite scary. I don't doubt we will see a beautiful fight between the girls, meanwhile Usui would deal with another boys and possibly his own brother. XD

Who do you think that girl is? The daughter of partnering company? Someone who would raise Usui's family level if they get married or something like that? :3

Torxe

Reaction score
Country
Belgium

I've been following this series for a while now (about 3/4 of a year), and was unable to find a decent forum/thread about this series.

so I decided to give it a try over here. :D

First, I really hope there will be a second anime season, the manga ain't that bad but since I read the (unofficial) Edited Mangas it tends to ruin the reading (also all the sound effects and thoughts that appear around the heads of the characters are easier to follow in the anime).

On the story then, last chapter I read was 66 (where Usui's classmates go meet Misaki in Maid Latte). I also think the girl was just saying she was Usui's fiancee to get on Misaki's nerves. I was also pleased that even Miyabigaoka (spelling?) has goofy but still stuck up characters (especially loved the part with that chess guy :p).

I've finished rereading the entire manga yesterday and I wonder, does Misaki know that Usui's family is trying to get him to be Gerard's shadow? He only said to her his reasons for transferring not the intentions his family has for him, didn't he?

Also, I think somewhere in the manga Misaki's dad should make an appearance at some time. What are your opinions on this.

well, that's about all for now.
I apologize for this rather long post in not all that good English
(English is my third language with Dutch being my first (I live in Belgium) and French my second).

hope to hear your opinions

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Welcome, Torxe, to MangaHelpers and to Kaichou wa Maid-sama's thread! :confetti
Worry not about your English, lots of us here do not have English as the main language after all (me included :P).

First, I really hope there will be a second anime season, the manga ain't that bad but since I read the (unofficial) Edited Mangas it tends to ruin the reading (also all the sound effects and thoughts that appear around the heads of the characters are easier to follow in the anime).
That makes sense. Having it animated and written is indeed different. After all, the original work is the manga. XD The anime ended rather happily without many turns of events, if I remember correctly. Though at this point I would say I prefer the manga more; strange as it is but I feel like the emotion is being delivered better if it's written. XD

I also think the girl was just saying she was Usui's fiancee to get on Misaki's nerves. I was also pleased that even Miyabigaoka (spelling?) has goofy but still stuck up characters (especially loved the part with that chess guy :p).
Maybe, maybe not. Since, well, they are 'ordered' to be friends with Usui by the president (I forget his name). XD Plus everyone seems to be from important and influential family. Though Usui doesn't have a very good relationship with his family, he could be the successor in case something happens to his brother... So there is always a possibility there.

Either way, I'm excited to see how Misaki has a rival now. :XD

I've finished rereading the entire manga yesterday and I wonder, does Misaki know that Usui's family is trying to get him to be Gerard's shadow? He only said to her his reasons for transferring not the intentions his family has for him, didn't he?

Also, I think somewhere in the manga Misaki's dad should make an appearance at some time. What are your opinions on this.
Yes, I guess Misaki didn't know yet about this. Though if I recall correctly she has met Usui's brother before? About her dad, that would be an interesting twist. Perhaps it would change her vision once again of men, or what happened so far would change her vision of her dad. Who knows. XD