Theory Kaido: Strongest Creature ≠ Strongest Pirate

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The text about Kaido's race is vague. Big Mom also has an impenetrable body and is even taller than Kaido, yet she is just an overgrown Human.

One of the common theories is that Kaido is a dragon who consumed a Hito Hito no Mi model, if not an artificial fruit. Many of his features - hair, long mustache, horns, the "scales" Luffy mentioned - are more fitting for a dragon than a Human. This would also explain why he is called the "strongest creature" or the uncertainty about his race.
That we know so far, unless it's been solidly established that she is in fact a human.

I think Kaidou could be one of the remnants of a rare species left. I mean, we do have Shandorans who have wings and all that shit, giants, and fishmen, so maybe Kaidou is a dragon or part dragon, one of the few left. Could have been hunted or in danger because of Wano samurai or even the government.

Fox666

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't think the author would invent a race of horned Humans, but also have normal Humans with horns. So if Kaido is Human, then his race would be the same as Moriah or Magellan.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Now that is one insightful translation. Thanks for sharing that with us. If it says officially that he is giantlike..does that mean he isn't one? It further supports the theory that Kaido is part of Oar's species but he may not have full blood.
Could be that he's just a weird human or he's of a different species. He could be a genetic mutation like Big Mom who has skin that's like steel which only 1 other human (Bobby Funk) possesses besides her.

Also, abilities can also impact how one's body changes or develops. Gorgon sisters no longer are fully human, they have forked tongues even when not transformed due to their fruit types. Kaido could be a similar case and maybe even a mixture of both genetic freak and DF based mutation.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That we know so far, unless it's been solidly established that she is in fact a human.
We did see her parents.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I don't think the author would invent a race of horned Humans, but also have normal Humans with horns. So if Kaido is Human, then his race would be the same as Moriah or Magellan.
it's possible, just look at how he's handled Fishmen genes.
We did see her parents.
THat too can be open-ended. Do we know for sure they created her and not adopt her? After Pell and few other things, it's difficult to take things as fact when it looks like it could be changed at anytime.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
They clearly did not want Linlin as a child, especially because of her size, why would they adopt her in the first place?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I forgot most of what happened there
but you see it in real life - people adopt children and then find out they don't have the patience for their behavior, and then they give the kids back or abandon them or abuse them.

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I forgot most of what happened there
but you see it in real life - people adopt children and then find out they don't have the patience for their behavior, and then they give the kids back or abandon them or abuse them.
You also see it in real life that parents have kids who they later abandon because they could not handle the realities of having a child... Its hard to understand where you're taking this or why pointing out real world equivalents leads to.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
i thought it was obvious - Big Mom could be adopted and could actually have giant blood in her, and her foster parents abandoned her because she's too hard and annoying to raise.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
i thought it was obvious - Big Mom could be adopted and could actually have giant blood in her, and her foster parents abandoned her because she's too hard and annoying to raise.
No evidence.

It's said she'a human.

She's shorter than giants too.

No evidence she was adopted.

Would be like claiming Shirahoshi was adopted simply because of her size.

There's simply just a lot of variation in size in people in One Piece.

Whitebeard was also over 6ms tall and was still considered human, not a giant.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Maybe Big Mom could have Giant blood, but it's not necessary. She's not much taller than Kuma or Whitebeard. And Wadatsumi is ten times her size, despite being a regular Fishman.

I would also like to point out the lifespan. In Big Mom's flashback, Hajrudin looked like a brat but his actual age was 18. We also have seen some Giants over the age of 300 who look only a bit older than Big Mom. From everything we have seen of Big Mom past, she aged like a normal person.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Big Mom could've been a result of either an experiment or an accident. We did see her parents, so there's enough reason to believe that she's biologically a human. The clues to her are possibly in Punk Hazard, where all the kids are giant-like, taken away from their parents and grown artificially. The kids show extremely strong bodies like her, and even exhibit the same tendencies of hunger pangs when they didnt get their candies.

Abnormally large humans are actually commonplace in OP world. Caramel was trafficking giant kids or giant size kids to WG so there's a possibility even the giant sized slaves we saw are all results of similar abnormalities rather than actual elbafians.