Theory - Kaido: Strongest Creature ≠ Strongest Pirate | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Kaido: Strongest Creature ≠ Strongest Pirate

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
One reason I think Kaido got a different title is that it seems more personal. What I mean is that if Kaido got the title of WSM, it wouldn't seem as special seeing as WB already had it. While his current title is unique to him, and suits him more imo.

Another option is that he did in fact have this same title before WB died, and it still held true after WB died of him being the strongest non-human. While being the strongest individual as well.

The main reason I believe Kaido is currently the strongest though is that apparently the Japanese word they use for "creature" apparently also means living thing/organism, which would include humans as well. Which is why I think he got the title after WB died.
It can't be personal, Pirate King title isn't going to change just to make it more personal or special title, it's merely a title to indicate who an individual that's distinct from the rest is. Just the title alone is special.

And the word Creature is descriptive, it's not quantitative.

If I asked you what kind of Creature you were, you'd say Human.

How do you identify the creature "Human"?

1. They have hair
  2. They walk on 2 legs.
  3. Greatest level of intelligence.
  4. Can't breathe under water.
  5. Among many other common feature.

That's simply all Creature refers to, it's not referring to anyone specifically.

In fact, Arlong has made mention of this, he said Humans are inferior to Fishmen despite the fact that people like Mihawk, Shanks and Whitebeard exist, it's still true nonetheless, why? Humans are naturally weaker than Fishmen, their teeth don't grow stronger after breaking, they can't breathe under water among many other flaws.

In fact, type fastest Creature on Land/ fastest Animal on Land/ fastest Species on Land, and you'll get the same answer: Cheetah. And not the Cheetah called Stephen, it's just a generalization.

So, when we're told Kaido is the strongest creature, it's a generalizatoin. Creture is never a word that identifies an individual, but the entirety.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I think the claim of being the "strongest creature" could be due to Kaido's physique and raw strength which are related to the kind of species* he is from. Putting it in a simple term - if we compare a lion and a human, we would say the lion is stronger than a mere human. But when it comes to a fight between them, humans may not necessary lose the battle against the size, sharp claws and teeth of the lion. Humans are more intelligent (and sometimes more cunning) such that we can train our body to prolong our stamina and endurance (like how Zoro trains his body); create weapons (guns, swords, spear, etc) and use them to our advantage (like Zoro trains to wield multiple swords, even with his mouth!); we are able to analyse, strategise and work in groups to take down our enemies.

Without a doubt, I believe Kaido is strong. If he knows how to take advantage of his natural bodily structure and trains it well, and coupled with intellect/wisdom (if he does) or maybe an additional devil fruit, he will be an extremely formidable opponent to many (if not all) in One Piece world. Luffy will have a hard time facing him. But we will count on Kaido's prideful and self-righteous nature for his downfall.

* @Zehahaha - I am inclined to your speculation that Kaido could be an Oars. He may even be other species or a hybrid of different ones.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Kaido's should be superior to Whitebeard's though. Whitebeard actually got stabbed by fodder didn't, Kaido even when incapacitated meaning he wasn't in a condition to fight back survived without trying due to a superior body.
He only got stabbed due to health issues in the middle of the war
I do think that WB during the war was perhaps weaker than Kaido, but prime WB is definitely stronger regardless of Kaido's unique body or not

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
He only got stabbed due to health issues in the middle of the war
I do think that WB during the war was perhaps weaker than Kaido, but prime WB is definitely stronger regardless of Kaido's unique body or not
We're told WG and Emperors tried to kill him, but simply couldn't due to his impermeable body.

Health issues or not, Whitebeard can be stabbed. He'd only not be stabbed like every other regular human because of Haki, Haki is hard, therefore, it's protective.

Kaido on the other hand was up for execution meaning he was incapacitated (maybe even unconscious), and he just couldn't be killed. It's not because he tried to survive, but because his body is naturally harder than anyone's body.

Kaido is weaker than Whitebeard strength-wise, as it was said Whitbeard was the strongest even when he Kaido was an Emperor in the same vain, but the feat of simply not being able to be killed is something unique to Kaido or w/e race/species he belongs to.

Whitebeard's illness didn't affect the durability of his body, it only handicapped his ability to fight (quick movement and awareness).

Nunn

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Israel
I think that besides the title of PK, characters have more freedom with titles. And they can be more personal.

Also, if you don't think Kaido is the strongest, who do you think is? I just don't think anyone has shown anything off to make them seem like the strongest. Though I do think BB will be up there in the near future.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think that besides the title of PK, characters have more freedom with titles. And they can be more personal.

Also, if you don't think Kaido is the strongest, who do you think is? I just don't think anyone has shown anything off to make them seem like the strongest. Though I do think BB will be up there in the near future.
Do you have proof of what you think being truth or being clearly implied by the author? or just something you personally think? It's inconvenient if titles are not consistent.

It's like Mihawk is called the World Strongest Man, no one questions Mihawk's Swordsmanship being the best irregardless of anything, or would you expect that there's someone who has the title "Strongest Swords-Creature"?

It's not really that I think Kaido is not the strongest, it's the fact that it's implied and says that he isn't the strongest as far as my understanding tells me. Even when Joker was saying who is closest to the throne, he never said Kaido, he said anyone at this point which also implies Kaido isn't the strongest. The strongest is usually the person closest to the throne as was Whitebeard during his time alive.

The person most likely to be the strongest is Blackbeard due to feats and statements from the Manga, Chinjao has said he's the most likely to do anything significant in this era which is quite telling.

Nunn

Reaction score
Country
Israel
What I'm saying is that in a theoretical world without WB or Mihawk, the titles of WGS and WSM don't really need to exist if someone becomes the strongest swordsman or strongest man with another title.

So if Kaido already has a title, then becomes the strongest. He may just keep this title.

We have no heard of anyone taking the title of WSS after WD, so it's possible that nobody adopted it. Even still, someone must be the strongest.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
What I'm saying is that in a theoretical world without WB or Mihawk, the titles of WGS and WSM don't really need to exist if someone becomes the strongest swordsman or strongest man with another title.

So if Kaido already has a title, then becomes the strongest. He may just keep this title.

We have no heard of anyone taking the title of WSS after WD, so it's possible that nobody adopted it. Even still, someone must be the strongest.
They're not adopted titles, they're titles attained from achieving a feat.

Zoro said he can't become the WSS without defeating Mihawk, and that's why many including Vista want to challenge Mihawk.

Pirate King is the same, it's a title attained by feat, defeating the Yonko.

Strongest Creature is not a title, it's more like a fact.

As Arlong said, Humans are inferior to Fishman, it's just a general fact, not a title.

If Kaido were the strongest, Joker and Jinbei would have said Kaido is closest to One Piece like was said regarding Whitebeard.

Nunn

Reaction score
Country
Israel
But nobody has been stated to be the strongest, though there must be someone who is the strongest.

But I do think WB was a clear cut above the others, while they are currently pretty even. So none of them are really close enough to attaining the OP for people to really talk about it.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
But nobody has been stated to be the strongest, though there must be someone who is the strongest.

But I do think WB was a clear cut above the others, while they are currently pretty even. So none of them are really close enough to attaining the OP for people to really talk about it.
If there was a strongest, then it would have been stated. It's because there's no clear-cut that Joker in his last monologue said either the Yonko or Supernova will rule the Grand-Line. No one has shown or proven to be the most dominant in the sea thus far. It looks like they're all in a stalemate at the moment because no one can prove their superiority, thus, why they're all gathering Smiley DFs and allying up with Germa66 and such powerful organizations.

Since WB died, nothing significant has been done by either WG or Yonko.

Nunn

Reaction score
Country
Israel
True, it's not clear who is the most dominant force in the world. But even if by a tiny bit, one force must be the most powerful, and one individual must be the most powerful.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
True, it's not clear who is the most dominant force in the world. But even if by a tiny bit, one force must be the most powerful, and one individual must be the most powerful.
Probably, marginally stronger, but not enough to make it significant.

Nunn

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I agree that it probably wouldn't be too big of a gap.

But technically still significant enough for the strongest individual to theoretically nab the WSM title.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I agree that it probably wouldn't be too big of a gap.

But technically still significant enough for the strongest individual to theoretically nab the WSM title.
If that were the case, then why isn't there currently anyone that's referred to as WSM? It's been 2 years. It's either significant enough to make it that someone is without doubt the strongest, or marginal which means it's not significant enough.

Nunn

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Well that's a mystery for now. Perhaps someone does have the title, and we just don't know yet. Maybe someone with a different title became the strongest, and stuck with their former title.

But there is 100% someone out there worth that title now. Doesn't matter if the gap between them and the runner up is miniscule, the strongest is still the strongest.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well that's a mystery for now. Perhaps someone does have the title, and we just don't know yet. Maybe someone with a different title became the strongest, and stuck with their former title.

But there is 100% someone out there worth that title now. Doesn't matter if the gap between them and the runner up is miniscule, the strongest is still the strongest.
If there was a significant gap, then someone would already be stated to be closest to the throne, not the Yonko + Supernova like Joker said. There's no dominant force, if there were, then Kaido and Big Mom wouldn't be strengthening their crews respectively.

The title would remain the same nonetheless too. Wht change a title that people are already familiar with, and the titles are really explanatory in itself.

Nunn

Reaction score
Country
Israel
But the gap doesn't need to be significant for a victor to be found.

In a hypothetical world where Sakazuki and Kuzan are the 2 strongest individuals. Assuming there was no fowl play in their fight, if they fought again, then Sakazuki could become the WSM.

And I'm not saying they would change titles, I'm saying it's not impossible for people to keep old titles, or use different titles that are more personal.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
But the gap doesn't need to be significant for a victor to be found.

In a hypothetical world where Sakazuki and Kuzan are the 2 strongest individuals. Assuming there was no fowl play in their fight, if they fought again, then Sakazuki could become the WSM.

And I'm not saying they would change titles, I'm saying it's not impossible for people to keep old titles, or use different titles that are more personal.
Sakazuki and Aokiji was said to be able to go either way, so it doesn't mean Akainu is definitely stronger.

And it needs to be significant for favour to be found, or we'd have a currently strongest Pirate or Pirate closest to One Piece.

People also don't keep or change titles, they're earned.

If you're the World Strongest Swordsman, you can't wake up one morning and decide not to be one, you'd always be one until you lost the title.

Nunn

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I don't remember where it says it could go either way. But it's been a bit since I read that part. I thought Sakazuki won because while they are very close in power, his DF's elemental advantage gave him the edge.

We don't know who the strongest pirate out there is, but someone has to be the strongest.

You misunderstand what I'm saying about titles. I'm saying if everyone stronger than Mihawk mysteriously died one day. While he would be the WSM, he could technically just keep going by the title of WGS. He doesn't necessarily need to adopt that title.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I don't remember where it says it could go either way. But it's been a bit since I read that part. I thought Sakazuki won because while they are very close in power, his DF's elemental advantage gave him the edge.

We don't know who the strongest pirate out there is, but someone has to be the strongest.

You misunderstand what I'm saying about titles. I'm saying if everyone stronger than Mihawk mysteriously died one day. While he would be the WSM, he could technically just keep going by the title of WGS. He doesn't necessarily need to adopt that title.
It never said Sakazuki had an advantage, it says they were evenly matched, but someone had to be the victor, and it was Sakazuki. It could just as much have been Aokiji, and this was in chapter 650.

World Strongest Swordsman is adopted by defeating the World Strongest Swordsman, Zoro has explicitly said so.
Entire purpose in Zoro aiming for Mihawk's head speicifically is simply because he can't obtain the title without defeating him first.

Mihawk asks Luffy what he wants to become, and he says Pirate King. Mihawk responds "an even greater goal than surpassing me", and by that, he means aiming to be Pirate King requires defeating more people than is required to gain the Wortld Strongest Swordsman title