Voting Round 3 - Kaito Kuroba vs. Zero Kiryu | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Kaito Kuroba vs. Zero Kiryu

Who wins?

• Kaito Kuroba

• Zero Kiryu

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Kaito Kuroba
Detective Conan
-

Zero Kiryu
Vampire Knight

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Damn

The Vampire wins for me.

Zero all the way.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Fun thing is, back when I started watching anime/reading manga, Vampire Knight was like the 4th or 5th series I picked up and I loved it xD My gf back then was watching the show too, and we really we're into the Zero/Yuki pairing :wub Good old days, just writing that brought back some fond memories.

Actually saw that I still have a few pics from Zero and co saved on my PC, even after more than ten years later :XD Guess I will share some, even though they're not exactly of great quality... but before that, long story short, you have my support for Zero until the very end Belse :D Just seeing your nomination put a grin on my face :pleased

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Fun thing is, back when I started watching anime/reading manga, Vampire Knight was like the 4th or 5th series I picked up and I loved it xD My gf back then was watching the show too, and we really we're into the Zero/Yuki pairing :wub Good old days, just writing that brought back some fond memories.

Actually saw that I still have a few pics from Zero and co saved on my PC, even after more than ten years later :XD Guess I will share some, even though they're not exactly of great quality... but before that, long story short, you have my support for Zero until the very end Belse :D Just seeing your nomination put a grin on my face :pleased

Did the anime follow Manga?

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda

Thank you niichan:wtf They really are the best pairing.

I'm currently working on part 2 of the love story that is Zero/Yuki that will highlight why he's the perfect candidate for husbando. So for those of you who aren't familiar with him or not sure who to vote for, I will shed some more light on him. In the meantime in case you missed it, you can read part 1 about him here: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/posts/4675429/

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Did the anime follow Manga?
I think it mostly does for the first season, the second has a bunch ofc changes IIRC. It's been almost ten years, so my memory is a bit foggy. If you're curious you can definitely watch the first season though :nod

Zirconium

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
5, 4, 3, 2, 1…

@Belserion
This is seriously a very tough round for me this time when I saw that I would be fighting against you. I was about to give up because I didn’t want to fight a friend, but decided not to in the end.

Unfortunately I don’t know much about your husbando since I haven’t read Vampire Knight yet. And I know that this above video doesn’t have much to do with him. But it’s funny that Zero Kiryu has this number in his name since there is a certain character in Detective Conan who is named »Zero« as well and who I like even more than my own nominee, to be honest. xD

I don’t know why but everytime when there is a character who has this number-related name, like Reiju from One Piece for example, then he/she will automatically become one of my favorite characters. That’s why I decided to campaign a little bit for your husbando as well, only in this post of course. Does that make sense? Yeah, not really. :hmm
Well, I’m also full aware that some people might harbour a grudge against me now after watching this video. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea in the end… *stares nervously at the angry Kaito Kid fans behind me*
Anyway, it seems like I got offtopic. What I actually wanted to tell you was this:

———————————
OVERVIEW1. Who is Kaito Kuroba?
1.1 Personal Informations
1.2 The (Re)birth of Kaito Kid

1.3 The meaning of his name(s)

Alright speaking of names, in this part I’d like to shortly talk about the meaning of Kaito’s name, which means that I will leave out his personal qualities in this post.
Let’s have a look at his pseudonym first and break it down into many parts. Some of you are probably asking why he is named »Kaito Kid«. He (and his father, the original Kid) don‘t exactly look like a kid, right? So why do people call him like that? Well, the answer is simple. His actual name was supposed to be »Kaito 1412«. As for the number 1412, that was a code name that was given to him by the police. But when a certain author saw the scribbling of a reporter who had written this number »1412« on a note pad, the author misread it as »KID« on purpose. Since that time many people prefer to call the magician in the moonlight »Kaito Kid« because it is also way faster to pronounce.
As for the name »Kaito«, in Japanese it could also mean phantom-/thief. Then we also have his family name »Kuroba« that could also mean »clover« in Japanese. This is probably also the reason why there is a clover on Kid's monocle.
I know it’s nothing special but I like it when the author is implementing puns or number games for his characters names sometimes, like in this example with Kaito Kid.​

Last edited:

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
They should call Zero Ten because that is what he is ;)

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
@Zirconium I know how you feel. When I saw it was you I was sad lol. But since it is you I don't mind if this is as far as Zero and I go. We'll both do our best and may the best husbando win:blush

In part 1 I touched on how much Zero hated himself for becoming a vampire And hurting Yuki by taking her blood. The truth is only her blood could satisfy him. Now this is where the plot twist comes in. It turns out that Yuki, the girl he loves and wanted to protect, is in fact a pureblood vampire. Now you'd think with Zero also being a vampire it would be easier for them. Unfortunately this drove them further apart because whereas Yuki was born a vampire, Zero was made one against his will. Add that to the fact that he's also a Hunter and this new twist just served to raise his animosity toward her and her kind. In his mind she's now just another person taken from him. So Zero did what he does best and pushed Yuki away.
Now you're all probably wondering how Zero can still be considered for best husbando when he's so quick to turn against the girl he loves. Well we have to remember Yuki had been the only bright spot in his life. He was still mourning his family and fighting to stay sane. In a way he saw what happened to Yuki as another failure on his part to protect her and as Yuki had no choice but to embrace what she was, they were sadly destined to be enemies. Or so you would think.

Despite everything being against them, these two could not let go of each other. They tried. But remember how only Yuki's blood could satisfy Zero? Turns out Yuki had the same problem of needing Zero's blood. Why? Well we find out that the only one that can really quench a Vampire's thirst is the one they love.

These two were separated for over a year. When they reunited Zero treated Yuki like a Hunter would treat a Vampire.

He was cold.
She was hurt.
But love conquers all right? Zero couldn't keep up this detached attitude for long. His heart is not fickle.

In the end, despite being natural enemies, Zero wanted to be with Yuki. He was even accused of treason by the Hunter's association for helping her so many times but he didn't care. In the end his pride, his anger, his feelings of betrayal, his ingrained prejudice against Vampires, nothing could stand up to his feelings for Yuki. He was always on her side. He simply wanted to be with her.

Zero is flawed. He's cold to most people and quite unforgiving to the Vampire race as a whole. He's stubborn and it's hard for him to compromise. But he's also kind, dedicated to his work, protective of those fortunate enough to reach his heart, strong, reliable, patient. His best quality is his ability to love deeply. He goes above and beyond anything for one he loves.

To put it simply:

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Maybe next year I should nominate Kaien Cross? Vampire Knight sure has good bishies :redface

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Zero just because I know the character and he’s smexy. Plus Bel has good taste.

Voted for zero kiryu, a vampire generally makes for a much better husbando.
I don’t know about that....

....I’m pretty sure Blade would disagree.

Zirconium

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
1.4 The Difference to other Thieves

»I'm different from a thief that wears all black. I'm bold and flamboyant; I'm Kaitou.«
-Kaito Kid

I think, this quote describes Kaito as a thief very well. But if you think about it. Normally, when a thief wants to steal something, he would always wear dark clothes, so that he can camouflage himself in the night, right?
However, unlike any other ordinary thief, Kaito usually wears a flashy and old-fashioned white suit with white shoes and a white top hat. And there is a certain reason behind it. He often uses this white suit as a surprise effect for a magic trick. And that is to suddenly appear out of nowhere. Everytime when he performs this trick, he always dresses himself in black. Then, all he needs to do is to use a smoke-bomb and take off his black clothes to reveal his white suit underneath it. That way he attracts the immediate attention of the people around him which is his purpose. Because he doesn’t want to hide from anyone.
Another difference to other thieves is that Kaito usually announces his heists with letters or little riddles that are always signed with a special signature of him. Those notes just draw all the more attention and police staff which makes the stealing of the precious object all the more hard for him. But that is because Kaito loves difficult challenges and he likes to perform stealings under tough circumstances.
However, one thing that he promised to himself is that he would never let anyone else during his heists come to harm. The safety of other people -no matter if it’s young or old, women or men, police officer or criminal- is of the utmost priority for him. He would even risk his own life, if it’s necessary.
Plus, he is helpful and considerate, benevolent and altruistic, especially to women. Also, he preserves his gentleman-like behaviour even during his thefts and shows polite and refined manners towards the people around him.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Both nominators did great on their campaigns! But in the end, I vote for Kaito Kid. \o

GB

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
my god i dislike him zero but going to vote for him due to me being a masochist

Status
Not open for further replies.