Mangahelper
Country
Italy

Episodes: 12
Airing Date: Jul 1, 2017
Producers: Square Enix, DIVE II Entertainment, Avex Pictures, MAPPA
Genres: Mystery, Psychological, Drama, School, Shounen

Synopsis

Hyakkaou Private Academy. An institution for the privileged with a very peculiar curriculum. You see, when you're the sons and daughters of the wealthiest of the wealthy, it's not athletic prowess or book smarts that keep you ahead. It's reading your opponent, the art of the deal. What better way to hone those skills than with a rigorous curriculum of gambling? At Hyakkaou Private Academy, the winners live like kings, and the losers are put through the wringer. But when Yumeko Jabami enrolls, she's gonna teach these kids what a high roller really looks like!

Last edited:

Brandish

aka Brandish
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
I watched a bit of the 'raw' anime just to hear Yumeko's voice and laugh etc when she's gambling - it's about what you'd expect. Waiting on the sub now :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The first ep was a good start. I enjoyed the manga more, but will definitely follow this. The start/end OP's were alright (never usually get into them) but I didn't like the music in some moments throughout the episode, just didn't feel it fit the mood.
Yumeko
her personality is presented well in the anime.

And there was a scene with kaicho :tss but that doesn't happen in the manga until after the next gambling match iirc. Not that it means much story wise, but it does give off the impression they know Yumeko, while that isn't the case in the manga (happy to be corrected on this).

Nii

Black Grail
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Country
Germany
I'm not following the manga but this was a surprisingly entertaining start, liked it more than I thought. Nothing against some crazy chicks going all out with gambling :hee

The only worry I have is that this could get repetitive fast, so a lot hinges on the characters being interesting besides the whole "crazy chick doing crazy faces" shtick (which I found slightly overdone at times).

Actually thought the OP and ED were both catchy in it's own way. MAPPA usually does a great job with adapting other manga, so I feel like this will be some ridiculous but fun entertainment.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
DAT OP and ED. :hurr
I've got the feeling that this series will be extremely entertaining and hilarious for me (those faces are glorious and MAPPA sure knows how to animate them), hoping, of course. that it won't get too repetitive.
Still, hearing Saori Hayami's voice acting gave me goosebumps...
Her voice was so hot and let's not talk about Yumeko's eyes turning red when she's on a roll!
Jet-black hair and crimson eyes are perfection!

Brandish

aka Brandish
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
Very small detail... I did notice that panties weren't shown. Doesn't happen often, but I recall this moment when Mary was beaten...

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
Very small detail... I did notice that panties weren't shown. Doesn't happen often, but I recall this moment when Mary was beaten...

What's funny is that they did show both her panties and bra in the OP and ED respectively. :XD

Brandish

aka Brandish
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
I liked this ep as well. The music was better for me this time around. The council has some real lunatics in it. I just wonder how they'll be presented when it's their turn. One is extreme with a ridiculous design rofl.

At the end we see Mary was defeated. I wonder if we see a flashback to this match next ep since there was a little more in the manga.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
Well, it's official, now we also have betgasm! :XD
Honestly, I don't even know whom should I be afraid of..
Yumeko or the student council president's merry companions. LOL
Either way, I'm so digging what I'm watching. :hurr

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Canada
While this interesting, am I the only one who thinks NONE of thes people should be in charge of business and government? :XD

Doughboy

Country
United States
Lmao this series :eyeroll. It's basically the movie "21" with hot girls. The manga was kinda weak to me but I'm getting the tones the anime is giving off. Every girl makes a rape face in this

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Country
France
That Hayamin voice :sky2.

Just watched the first episode. Not bad, I like the art but find it a bit too colorful, it reminds me a little of Another.

Bad OP, good ED.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Damn, that Hayami voice does things to me :hurr. I could watch this anime for her voice acing alone.

I am liking it more than expected.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
The cliff at the end of the 4th episode was great.

Not sure what to think Russian roulette girl but Mariya is doing a great job with her. It's the first time I hear her voicing such a character. There is Garm's VA as well.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Mary is part of the group now... Curious to see how these three will interact, especially Mary after what she did to Suzui.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
I have to admit I'm enjoying this far more than I should be. :XD

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Mangahelper
Country
Italy
I have to admit I'm enjoying this far more than I should be. :XD
Maybe it's because it is so over the top that you can't help but loving it. :XD
At least, that's the reason why I'm watching it. LOL
And then, of course, there's DAT fanservice. :hurr

Brandish

aka Brandish
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
Lets face it, seeing a curvy, savage highschooler in 2D for 20mins is worth the time. Possibly even a second time.
The indian poker match was great, I loved the team work and the mocks they dropped on that guy. And lets not forget secretary Igarashi
Mary x Yumeko would be a nice pairing too

I can't fault the adaptation, there's only been some slight differences. Yumeko's voice really adds to her. The psycho bits are more pronounced in the anime, and Yumeko seemed to have more 'sweet' moments, and maybe more gamble-gasms. But yea, enjoying this a lot so far. I've only read up to vol 3, episode 5 covered up to vol 2 I think.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India
Good Episode.

The death battle begins.Mary being offered a council seat.Full of events this episode.

Brandish

aka Brandish
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
The best part was when Ishikima uncuffed Yumeko... she was so adorable there :wtf Ishikimi is over the top, but she does make me laugh sometimes.

President Kirari :love

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
ESP Russian Roulette! Somehow I can see this happening as a drinking game in college (with cap guns!)

I wonder how people are normally selected for the student council?
1) Get selected by the president
2) Get elected by student body
3) Challenge for the position and win
4) The people with the most winnings at the end of the school year get the positions?

Probably there will be more insidious ways to do that than I can think up.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Suzui is finally helping in a match and they revealed a bit of Yumeko's past. I don't think her opponent will cheat this time but I am rather surprised by the fact that she wants to cheat in that situation, that means she has at least some common sense, that's good.

Something is weird though, Midari said Suzui can't see so how did he know the number of bullets she put in her gun and how did he know Yumeko was greeting him?

I would love Kirari VS Yumeko just for their seiyuus :hurr.

Nii

Black Grail
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Country
Germany
Midari is a bit too extreme for my taste tbh, but at least her interactions with Yumeko are pretty... entertaining :teehee

Suzui is finally helping in a match and they revealed a bit of Yumeko's past. I don't think her opponent will cheat this time but I am rather surprised by the fact that she wants to cheat in that situation, that means she has at least some common sense, that's good.

Something is weird though, Midari said Suzui can't see so how did he know the number of bullets she put in her gun and how did he know Yumeko was greeting him?

I would love Kirari VS Yumeko just for their seiyuus :hurr.
Not sure which subs you used but Midari said Suzui can actually see the whole room, it's them who can't see anything but the cards.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
The conclusion of the gamble and episode was good but the rest was meh. Midari was disgusting at the end... :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)