Multi Season Kakegurui

Nii

Black Grail
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Country
Germany
Yeah Midari is just too extreme for my liking too. I like me some crazy girls, but Midari's so over the top that it's borderline disgusting. Yumeko's displeased face was pretty much how felt too... xD

Still a good episode, but I'm hoping for less extreme stuff from now on, or at least of another, less disturbing kind.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Country
France
Gambling against an idol this time. It would be interesting to see Yumeko lose :derp but I know this won't happen.

Brandish

aka Brandish
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
Ikishima is too psycho I agree. If it was toned down a bit I would've enjoyed her. Russian roulette is always stupid (except for the deer hunter).

Where did the president go? She implied that it's to do with Yumeko, so I assume it's her sister that's in hospital. That chick with the mask might be related to Kirari as well since they have the same hair and she was present for Kirari's departure. I felt a little sorry for secretary Igarashi :(

I laughed at idol Yumeko. She's way more sexy in her school uniform.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Country
United Nations
Hrm, only an anime Thread and no Manga thread?

So, I really how Yumeko thinks about Gambling....because it makes perfect sense in the real world.

Brandish

aka Brandish
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
There is a manga thread for this title. This was the first episode that was 'fresh' for me with volume 3 ending with episode 7.

One difference was Kirari's explanation for the livestock/housepet system. IIRC in the anime she used Darwin's survival of the fittest, and wanted to test that for herself on humans. She use medieval gambling in the manga...

Asorx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Poland
I only find this girl "Runa Yomozuki" scary as fuck? I love her. I wonder when we get a episode about her.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
:wooo

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Manyuda trapped :amuse.

For someone "experienced" Yumemi was rather careless. I just knew that Yumeko didn't know Mary's birthday :XD.

She lost but her fans love her nonetheless, would have probably been the same IRL but considering how extreme this series is it surprised me a little.

Nii

Black Grail
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Country
Germany
Pretty anticlimactic battle tbh, pretty disappointed. Hopefully Glasses-kun will put up a more interesting fight.

Enjoyed that idol song though, Yumeko performing like a boss :XD I wonder if there's anything she can't do lol.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Mangahelper
Country
United Nations
Pretty anticlimactic battle tbh, pretty disappointed. Hopefully Glasses-kun will put up a more interesting fight.

Enjoyed that idol song though, Yumeko performing like a boss :XD I wonder if there's anything she can't do lol.
Idol-chan played herself in that last round, thinking that Jabami had the card flipped. In reality, 6 is just a halfway point

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
6 actually isn't a bad choice if you don't know the actual birthdate. If there are only two people guessing and you don't know the correct answer, pick 6. If the other person picks the right answer then you are screwed, but if they pick the wrong one, you'll have a wide selection of possible answers that you are closer to than they are. That is of course as long as they didn't also pick 6.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Interesting. Manyuda has some charisma unlike the previous antagonists. I like the game too.

I am not sure if I understand what happened at the end. Is Sumeragi just siding with Yumeko or is she going to play with the two as opponents?

I don't like the sound of that masked voice.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Mangahelper
Country
United Nations
Interesting. Manyuda has some charisma unlike the previous antagonists. I like the game too.

I am not sure if I understand what happened at the end. Is Sumeragi just siding with Yumeko or is she going to play with the two as opponents?

I don't like the sound of that masked voice.
She was using her own funds/life for Jabami's gamble, which forced Manyuda to go all in.

The issue here is that Manyuda is a risk-adverse poker player, which means low risk, low reward payout. Because he had a monetary advantage, he could drain out Yumeko eventually. So she had to force him to a high risk, high reward scenario by making him think he was the winner.

Of course, it backfires.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
The dealer was the president, didn't expect this. This game was great, best of this series. With only one episode left it's hard to know how this will end.

That Sugita voice acting when Manyuda lost was perfect.

This was so funny for me but i was shocked. I though she is trap :teehee
You were wrong :p.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India
https://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-09-21/kakegurui-anime-has-original-ending/.121692

a gamble between Yumeko Jabami and student council president Kirari Momobami where the loser must never set foot on school grounds again.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The dealer was the president, didn't expect this. This game was great, best of this series. With only one episode left it's hard to know how this will end.

That Sugita voice acting when Manyuda lost was perfect.

You were wrong :p.
Well I heard about her identity in the Manga is

The masked girl is actually Ririka Momobami,the identical twin of the President

I don't know how accurate this is.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
An indirect confession from Suzui and a draw :o.

Not a bad ending. I was not sure what to expect since they said it would be an anime original ending, that was entertaining enough.But I wanted to know if the card was the foo. I shared Mary's opinion though I believe Itsuki's opinion made sense too. They should have revealed it :darn.

They reveal that the president has a twin and that Yumeko is still a gambling addict...

7 or 8/10 for me. I found the visuals a bit too bright at first but I got used to them, Yumeko was charismatic and some games have been very entertaining. I liked how she got more likeable friends too despite her addiction.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Country
India
Hope they follow the manga completely this time.

Last edited:

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
So, the second season is called Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler? I wonder what the third season would be called...
Kakegurui: Intervention? :XD

This series was great, more please!

mr.potato here

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
India
So, the second season is called Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler? I wonder what the third season would be called...
Kakegurui: Intervention? :XD

This series was great, more please!
No sir, kakegurui itself means compulsive gambler when translated to English.
Indeed, the series ended in a great way. In the last episode of season one, we got to see MC taking the main role and not supporting. It will be great to see MC in that form and cooperating with yumeko and take out council.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)