Artist - Kalafina | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Artist Kalafina

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
SHAME ON YOU if you don't know this amazing group! :x3

Name: Kalafina (カラフィナ)
Founder: Kajiura Yuki
Debut Year: 2007
Old and Current Members:
  • Composer: Yuki Kajiura
  • Vocalists: Keiko Kubota (FictionJunction KEIKO), Wakana Ōtaki (FictionJunction WAKANA), Hikaru Masai
  • Former Members: Maya Toyoshima
Discography:

Singles
2008: "oblivious"
2008: "sprinter/ARIA"
2008: "fairytale"
2009: "Lacrimosa"
2009: "storia"
2009: "progressive"
2010: "Hikari no Senritsu"
2010: "Kagayaku Sora no Shijima ni wa"
2011: "Magia"
2012: "to the beginning"
2012: "moonfesta"
2012: "Hikari Furu"

Studio albums
2009: Seventh Heaven
2010: Red Moon
2011: After Eden

Extended play albums
2008: Re/oblivious

The one on keyboard is definitely Kajiura-sensei, then from left to right I think it's Hikaru, Keiko, and Wakana. Correction please if I'm wrong! :P

I love them for their works on Kara no Kyoukai and Madoka. Since Kajiura is their boss, no wonder they're always awesome! XDD

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Hey, I'm just wondering that why there is no thread for this amazing group :blai

Even though I watched Kara no Kyoukai before Madoka but this is the first song that got me into Kalafina :

Last edited by a moderator:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yo, fellow fans! :x3 That fact just struck me when you posted their video just now, so here I am! :x3 :x3

I couldn't remember which song got me to love Kalafina. I think back then I had just discovered Kajiura-sensei through Tsubasa Chronicle the anime, fell super in love with her, and thus checking out all her works, including Kalafina and FictionJunction. Lacrimosa is probably the first song of Kalafina I tried. It was so-so, then listened to the awesome Gloria, and as I checked more songs I loved them as well. XD

One of their hidden gems:

Last edited by a moderator:

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
heavenly blue is the ending theme song for Aldnoah.Zero. Even before their name came up in the credits, I knew it was their song right away! (And I've only listened to a small portion of their discography.)

I like how they have a distinct sound that they own and how the vocalists harmonize with each other. They're singing in unison but each singer has a distinct voice so you can tell who's who.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Wow, Kalafina! :hearts Kalafina is the best!
First time I like this vocal group is when I just overheard my brother played one of Kalafina's song, and I am like, "Wow, this song is not bad". I find it very cool, pleasing to my ears, and soothing. And simply I fell in love with Kalafina after that :XD

Oh, I just knew if Yuki Kajiura is their boss. That one's songs have been used by Fate (TYPE-MOON) franchise and all of them are very cool! Also, many Kalafina's songs have been used by Fate franchise as well, such as Believe and Ring Your Bell. I think their songs just do fit for Fate series, with feels of Medieval ages. :blush

And yes I think I am in love with Keiko's voice. Her voice is so deep!

Last edited: