Shounen - Kamisama no Iutoori by KANESHIRO Muneyuki and FUJIMURA Akeji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kamisama no Iutoori by KANESHIRO Muneyuki and FUJIMURA Akeji

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Kamisama no Iutoori
Written By: KANESHIRO Muneyuki
Art By: FUJIMURA Akeji
Genre: Horror
Serialized In: Bessatsu Shounen Magazine
Mangaupdates

Takahata Shun's day at high school begins just as normal and boring as ever, but it doesn't end that way. After his teacher's head explodes, he and his classmates find themselves forced to play children's games, such as Daruma ga Koronda (a game like Red Light/Green Light), with deadly stakes. With no idea who is behind this mysterious deadly game session, and no way of knowing when it will finally end, the only thing Shun and other students can do is keep trying to win...

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: [New] Kamisama no Iutoori by KANESHIRO Muneyuki and FUJIMURA Akeji

Thank you for posting about this series at the which manga are you reading next and creating this thread Kaiten. Without that, I probably won't start reading this.
Actually to be honest, I was just really bored :sweat

But I'm impressed by this series. Another one of those series that put people into insane games but this one seems to be doing it differently. I like how intense it is despite reading only up to chapter 2. Really looking forward to where this series is going and if there's actually a theme to the games. For now its all about japanese dolls :blink

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Ain't this similar to Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu (Classroom of Truth) from Bakuman??

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Thank you for posting about this series at the which manga are you reading next and creating this thread Kaiten. Without that, I probably won't start reading this.
Actually to be honest, I was just really bored :sweat

But I'm impressed by this series. Another one of those series that put people into insane games but this one seems to be doing it differently. I like how intense it is despite reading only up to chapter 2. Really looking forward to where this series is going and if there's actually a theme to the games. For now its all about japanese dolls :blink
The insane game scenario is pretty common but this one seems to be done pretty well. The first game was interesting, the second game looks to be completely insane. The giant cat is just to cool looking, getting the bell on it is a really odd, interesting challenge. I bet they have to get it into the basketball hoop on the cats neck.

To soon to know who or what is behind all of this, or if there is a deeper meaning to it all. For now I am going to enjoy the blood shed.

Ain't this similar to Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu (Classroom of Truth) from Bakuman??
No idea, I haven't read Bakuman in ages.

Inne

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Lol I was thinking the same thing. It really is the same as Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu from Bakuman. To me that first chapter seemed to almost literally just copy the exact same manga in that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference at all except that the characters are of course different and this is actually a series as opposed to a manga within a manga lol.

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

I read up to chapter 3, its out, and all I can say is WOW. The manga so far has managed to keep a great unpredictability with it starting from the first chapter, and you'll see with the latest chapter. An unpredictability that completely jives with the dark theme making everyone fair game, well probably save the main character, that I would say is very akin to HXH. Definitely cannot wait to see the next chapters!

Definitely there are themes to the games but its still too early to discern what the pattern is, the latest game has a pretty vague word.

I think to win the next game you definitely need to wear the mouse costume WHILE shooting the ball is my guess, it would be too safe otherwise. Given the sadistic nature it definitely wants to amp up the difficulty so what better way than have you be chased by the cat while attempting to shoot. Probably best time to shoot is while it is attacking you as a mouse though I do wonder if EVERYBODY has to shoot, moreover how does the word change (not literally) fit in here...

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Cool manga but it is rather surprising how such bloody scenes can appear in a shounen magazine.

There's a pretty nice plot twist at the end of chapter 4. I wonder how long they will keep the game aspect because the danger is that the manga becomes repetitive resulting in a short story. This is probably the premise of this manga. I don't expect it to take long unless these games are merely a preparation to something else. This is definitely interesting at this moment

---------- Post added November 12, 2011 at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was November 04, 2011 at 04:42 PM ----------

:oh pretty interesting... The story seems to be brought to a complete new level. It is pretty awesome that this was a worldwide happening. I like where this is going to and I wouldn't be surprised if this will do a similar thing Gantz/Batlle Royal did. You take a premise and you use it as a setting to whole new scale. Those games were just a prelude to something bigger. It starts with cubes coming from space :p

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

It's starting to feel like Gantz.
That insane-guy..sure we'll see him again because we know the police are useless in mangas like this.
Cubes coming from space..reminds me of a certain robot flim.
Anyway, that shut-in guy definitively know about the daruma thing but its weird why he's part of :headscratch

Hamy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

New chapter out.
As usual this manga continues to be completely unpredictable as to which characters are spared. The new game I think is very difficult, its the Kagome game, as from what I've seen at least with the first 2 contestants no discernible pattern for victory has been revealed by their deaths. Now that it is Takahata's turn I wonder how he will win other than pure luck. I am sure there is SOME type of way to win but its not clear yet. Moreover, another thing rather odd about this game is that there is no virtue being emphasized or written on the dolls other than their names. I wonder if the virtues were something only for the preliminaries? Unless motivation is the virtue, seeing as that was what the first guy was penalized for.

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Cool chapter but I really hope that it will have some revelations later on.

As for the game, I don't think it matters whether you guess one of the puppet's name right. I think it matters that you just avoid the ending question. I'd put my back towards and also in the corner of the room and when the question is asked, I'd answer: no one. Or the opposite: you put yourself in front of a corner and you make a situation by which all three are mandatory behind your back.

Anyway, I also loved the colour page a lot

Hamy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

new chapters out both 7 & 8!!!
I'm starting to realize what I love about the manga namely the ability to build suspense and the constant uncertainty of the situation of literally how unfair it can be at a moments notice. Still not sure what the aliens are gunning for with the candidates but it sure is cool to watch Shun grow more and more into a leader. I can't wait for the next chapter since this manga is so unpredictable with the death count, I'm hoping Shouko makes it through but if I recall psychopathic killer guy seems to play quite a big role so he may end up joining em or hopefully will just mooch of their hard work. Either way I'm completely hooked to the unpredictability and suspense of this manga.

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

It is quite interesting. This manga becomes more interesting each chapter has been served. So, they are lucky that akimoto and another guy showed up to finish the game. This manga isn't only interesting because of the uncertainty given by each situation but also because of the sub plot we are still unaware about. What's the hidden motive, true objective? What about the portal and the key?

It is pretty interesting that Shouko was saved by and has joined Shun. She seems to have remained some certain conciousness when she was turned by that engacho guy.

brigid001

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland

This manga is so interesting!!! I'm loving it so far. I love these survival type manga and the "creatures" in this give me that eery feeling like the aliens in Gantz. Although I do strongly prefer this to Gantz as it isn't filled with all the nudity that puts me off in Gantz :p
I can't wait to read more from this. Is this a monthly manga?

Hamy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

This manga is so interesting!!! I'm loving it so far. I love these survival type manga and the "creatures" in this give me that eery feeling like the aliens in Gantz. Although I do strongly prefer this to Gantz as it isn't filled with all the nudity that puts me off in Gantz :p
I can't wait to read more from this. Is this a monthly manga?
Yes but it seems the Edited Manga team is working on this only when the volume has been released, not too sure about this part though but so far it seems that way.

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

I'm completely hooked to the unpredictability and suspense of this manga.
ITA. It's really unpredictable, people who I expected to survive just died pages later..
I'm enjoying the games so far, all of them have a certain hole that the player can exploit if enough critical thinking is given
so it's not exactly a dead end. It's interesting how all the stages differ from each other.
I wonder what's behind everything? How does the mechanism behind those dolls work? Or is it really aliens?

Hamy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Edited Manga team sure is on a roll~ Chapters 9-11 are out~
Its the return of psychopathic killer guy, and he really is a damn nut... His self molestation scene was disturbing to say at the least, was he actually inviting Shun... In anycase he and Shun seem to be quite connected to one another and looks like we can expect him to stick around for a long time. Their relationship so far has been interesting to say at the least with both understanding one another quite well. The new game is just as sick as psychopath's self molestation... Well this manga sure loves to push boundaries and buttons.

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Cool chapters, they finished the rope skipping game and they were able to convince Amaya Takeru joining them. It was also very awesome that latter one finished the rope skipping game by his own. He basically killed those dolls :D

Those fountain cupids are definitely inspired on our manneke pis I wouldn't be surprised if the mangaka was lucky to visit this like a lot of Japanese do :D

Anyway, the game has been brought to a complete new level. I am just curious whether the guy playing on those controller is somewhat part of this huge "game". Well he is hijacking the wave signals but it could be very possible he is doing it against the aliens (?)

Last edited by a moderator:

AxelCross

Reaction score
Country
United States

Oh man, I love this series. Found out about it through the weekly featured manga. I breezed through 11 chapters in no time; a couple hours. I'm very interested in where the story is heading. I'm always looking for series that are similar to Gantz and this most definitely is considering the game-like aspect and the brutality. If done correctly and the twists and turns keep up it may well pass up Gantz, in fact. I'm really loving all of the creepy, very awkward and unsettling creatures that inhabit each game; that was my favorite part about Gantz when it first began. It's all just so eerie and odd, coupled with the savage nature of each game thus far it's a wonderfully entertaining combination.

I'm already frothing at the mouth for more, I've been looking for more information on this series but I can't hardly find anything. Hopefully there'll be some more discussion here given this is my go-to manga forum. I'm silently rooting for Amaya; the guy is insane but this world is perfect for him, he can be of great use to the team (and has already). I just about ruined my pants when I saw him beat down those two dolls in the jump-roping game; that was just too badass. Completely defied the rules and said fukitol.

Cannot wait for more!

Hamy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Hm chapter was interesting but the twist with the last opponents didn't really surprise me as much as the new game they would have. Its seriously twisted how this manga loves to screw over its characters, Kris for instance would probably be dead after being flung that far and landing on his head. As for the game with the turtle the problem is they already had kagome kagome the game most associated with the turtle, in case you're not familiar that is the guessing game they played at the hospital, so I'm coming up with a blank as to what traditional japanese game they'd be playing. Other game I can imagine which is associated to the imagery of a turtle is shiratori but... that doesn't follow the pattern of word play.

Given release patterns of the group I think we can expect a stream of new chapters soon.

---------- Post added February 23, 2012 at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was January 30, 2012 at 11:12 AM ----------

Can I just say my heart is broken by the extremely cruel turn of events. I swear this is the one of the most anti-catharsis manga I've read its literally identify or grow attached at your own risk that you need to conscientiously keep a distance from the characters of the manga to avoid falling into the trap of despair that awaits you at every turn. Objectively speaking yet again the chapter continues to pull off its stunts of being completely unpredictable - except I figured that the last game would be luck since I'm familiar with the word play. Either way this manga loves to play around with expectations that you should absolutely avoid identifying or going with the train of thoughts of the characters. Subjectively speaking I feel like shit since I liked Shouko T___T

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Someone read the new Kamisama chapters? The group finally released two new chapters :zomg

Have to say that I enjoyed their new haircut quite a lot, especially Ken's change made me laugh XD the little time skip was fitting and I'm really eager to see how the next stage will unfold~ could this be some kind of twisted tournament, choosing Japan's "God'S Children" who then compete against other countries? :o I really hope there's some bigger meaning behind it, I don't believe that the skinny dude is behind this :s

and btw I thought Shuu's parting with his mom was very well done, made me feel quite sad :(