One Cour Kanata No Astra

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The writing in this show is pretty rough honestly. It's the sci-fi version of one of those horror movies with a bunch of teenagers making terrible decisions.

Like if they found a haunted mansion. They would totally say "Lets split up!". If a killer was chasing them. They wouldn't run away. They'd hide in the dark spooky basement with no way out.

Kiki

Stargazer
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Laos
Huwah, was just looking for some anime this season and bumped into this. Excellent first impression. Still on 1st episode. On my way to catch up

Demonspeed

Love and Hate
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Luca was more than just a trap. Sometimes I felt like he had breasts looking at his suit but I thought I was imagining things.

Charce is next. The one I suspected the most.

Darkest episode so far and the cliff was nice.

Sky

Tenbatsu (天刑)
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Gotta say the writing is okayish to slightly bad.
Most parents hardly care about their children and apparently we are back to feudal lord times where only the first kid matters and only if it is male. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Ulgar is a really one dimensional character. This blood feud thing makes NO SENSE whatsoever. In which way would it justify to kill a crew member
who likely had nothing to do with the murder of your brother? Hah...

Still enjoyable of course.

Damn it Luca... You little devil.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think I've unconsciously dropped this show. :(

I really wanted to like it, and I think visually it looks great, but the writing is just not careful enough for this kind of story. Which kills me because I so want more sci-fi anime that isn't mecha. There are so few types of that which have been done. The plotting is so haphazard that I just can't take it though.

Demonspeed

Love and Hate
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Charce is royalty, I did think that he looked like that kind of character when I saw him for the first time. Lot of convenient events in this episode but anyway, there is Seira which is Aries reversed and they have the same voice. Obviously something is up. Either Aries is amnesiac, she is a clone, twin or something.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Wanna bet on the chance that the girl they've just awoken is an extremely qualified mechanic that will repasir the ship?
There are indeed lots of coincidences in this series.
The journey won't surely end this way, that much is for sure.