Shounen - Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
Magazine: Gessan
Published: June 12, 2012 - ongoing
Genre - Romance, Comedy

Synopsis:
Takagi-san is a mischievous and cute girl who teases the boy sitting next to her, Nishikata. The young man fashions competitions and scenarios to achieve his first victory over the young girl, whom, turns the tables continually and naturally with a grin on her face. Little does poor Nishikita know that he has won Takagi's heart already.

This is a tale of the sweet, charming, young romance unlike anything manga can offer. The storytelling is mostly episodic.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Chapter 100 should be dropping soon - could we get some feats :zomg

Some images I am posting from /r/Takagi-san on Discord:

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Apparently chap 99/100 has some lit developments. This youtube clip has spoilers, I've copied the video towards the end where the cozy feats occur.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Chapter 99 and 100 on Mangadex

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Okay I didn't have plan to pick up any new manga at this point of time but one of my friends suggested me picking this up.

Boy I regret not picking this up sooner.

This is such a fun manga,with every chapter making me laugh,got upto chapter 5 for now.

The 2 Protagonists are cute too,the art is also good.

Gonna enjoy the ride.

Funny thing the teasing in the chapters reminded me of my own school life,made me really nostalgic.

Okay caught up with chapter 10.

Really fun ride and loving.

The buying book from the store while secretly,man this reminds me of Nobita from Doraemon buying Comics Books.

Okay there is another version of this manga which shows their married life, after reading which chapter in the main series should I start can anyone tell me?

Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Silent chapter and still the cutest.
This may be from THE cutest chapters of the manga, the chapter could is basically a summary of the series in a way. :nod
That big smile and slight blush in Takagi-san when Nisihikata starts another game with her is the best, love it when the author shows how much she likes him. :blush

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
@revo did you read 108?!

We're getting kinda close now, right? When he thought of her as cute I was simultaneously in a 'duh' and 'omggg' state :blush

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
@revo did you read 108?!

We're getting kinda close now, right? When he thought of her as cute I was simultaneously in a 'duh' and 'omggg' state :blush
Yes!! I thought the same, betwen this chapter and the previous one we're getting some progress from Nishikata, makes me smile.
This was such a troll chapter title again :lmao , and not the first time he thinks she's cute but at least he actually realised he has been liking her the whole time. :blush

Also, the universal look of disappointment.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Oh dw, i love the kind of good-feel readings, and so far got really good impressions of it :zomg and on the contrary im very reluctant to read stuff that might make me feel uneasy, thats the reason i havent started yet oyasumi Punpun despite knowing its great.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Oh dw, i love the kind of good-feel readings, and so far got really good impressions of it :zomg and on the contrary im very reluctant to read stuff that might make me feel uneasy, thats the reason i havent started yet oyasumi Punpun despite knowing its great.
This is a great slice of life, and both MCs are very loveable, the moments are truly sweet between each other and let you satisfaced. Since eah chapter has it own plot, you can take your time to catch up and enjoy it. :blush
Chap 109 and 110 were the best things to happen in 2019.
My heart skipped on that "muak!" sound in this latest chapter. I've re-read both lots of times by now.
And Nishikata has been cute lately as well, no wonder she has a crush on him :blush

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yes Nishi is worthy of her affection!

He's kinda underrated(?) in this. I admire how he, for a young boy, doesn't hold a grudge, and is always conscious not to be 'mean'. She knows that which is why the teasing is really, really cute.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Really enjoying this series so far, :wtf

Yes Nishi is worthy of her affection!

He's kinda underrated(?) in this. I admire how he, for a young boy, doesn't hold a grudge, and is always conscious not to be 'mean'. She knows that which is why the teasing is really, really cute.
Of course he is, he is adorable, and kind as hell. As i said, i love characters like him, he cant hold any grudge, her teasing re not meant to hurt or to belittle him, its the opposite, and he likes her teasing, its their own way to communicate their affection, he knows she doesnt mean anything wrong, and its an opportunity for him to prove her his attachment by taking up her challenges. ofc she could only love him as much as he loves her :zomg

love those panels who summarize brilliantly their relation :zomg

Despite her confidence, i like how Takagi blushes sometimes, so cuuuuute :zomg

and loved this part, thats is an interesting side of her.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Nishi is the luckiest man alive. After Takagi waved goodbye, which was really cute, I imagine she blushed a lot.

114 was so amazing I nearly forgot about the earphone sharing of 113. That was also very sweet. When I see couples share earphones I think it's very romantic too. Because ears are really sensitive at the touch, and they are literally connected.

This is such a great manga. The best this year. Best.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chap 114 was soooooooooooooooo great :zomg, told you !

113 was nice too love this scene :wtf

Takagi is really trying hard to show him her feelings, i love how creative and patient she is, people are calling Nishi, dense, i dont think he is at all, he is just lacking confidence, and his constant blushings and questionnings prove he loves her too.

Oh sadly only one chap this month, but love it, Nishikata is so awesome :zomg

so cuuuute

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Takagi bringing water confirms how great she is.
yeah its so her . Was certain she was going to do so, but didnt expect the sunset part, should have lol

chap 116 color page :zomg

great chap ft New year Japanese tradition and and and... :wtf

oooooooh didnt expect her to tell her her wish ♥ and this nishi's reaction is so cute :zomg

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Chapter 188 was full of everything, I was expecting a jealous Takagi-san but she was very soft this time. Nishikata is making more developments into accepting her advances too, it's like they both accept it's not teasing anymore.

The Valentine Day's chapters were always great, I can't wait to see how Nishi's brithday will go. :blush