Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 183 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Sato-san

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Iguro saved Kanroji. Tanjirou just helped. If Tanjirou hadn’t done that, Iguro would be dead.

Pr0teu5

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I could be totally wrong but the the fortress rising I don’t think that this will be the final battle. Muzan will have to flee and both sides will need to regroup.

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I think Muzan strength should be compared to Kokushibu. #1 owned prodigy muichiro, and Sanemi forced him to draw his sword, but was able to continue fighting getting sliced up. Then Gyomei shows up and yes he gets injured but is able to keep the damage from being life threatening...

So imo, Muzan isn't doing bad. & He most likely still isn't full power. So far Marled Giyu has been able defend himself injured and with a broken sword !!0_0 !! Lol..But Tanjiro has lost a eye because he couldn't keep up his breathes and dodge, and has been hit again this chapter, along with Kanroji dealing no damage and almost being taken out her self...

So I see, why Muzan should be putting a hurting on the remaining pillars, especially those that are injured...Tanjiro funnily wasn't in bad condition until now.
Hopefully you are right. So far he isn t showing any impressive feats such as upper moons like Akaza and kokushibo.

Young Aizen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hopefully you are right. So far he isn t showing any impressive feats such as upper moons like Akaza and kokushibo.
I think it's largely due to the fact Muzan is just raw power and speed.. Akaza and Kokushibo were refined killing machines before they were even Demons.. Muzan has no real technique or style he's just an overpowered monster. Akaza was a martial artist and Kokushibo was a demon slayer with a one of a kind breath.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Regarding muzan, I am of the idea that he simply won't be a fighter like akaza or kokushibo were. Akaza and kokushibo were real martial artists who had taken their craft to higher levels. Realistically speaking, no hashira was a match to either in terms of sheer skill, except of course the see through world bit which akaza lacked.

When it comes to muzan though.... there is simply no evidence that he is any form of martial artist. muzan is merely a monster. he fights through his speed, strength, instinct. Akaza and kokushibo died after in some form remembering a shred of their humanity. Akaza through his loved ones, kokushibo through yorichi envy and pride at least. Muzan is likely past that.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Not gonna lie, Mitsuri is pretty annoying.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not gonna lie, Mitsuri is pretty annoying.
I've called her female tanjiro, now I'm ready to call her Female Natsu but without the Nakama powerups, she just can't understand battle situations and puts herself in danger too many times. I was kinda wishing maybe we could see a serious Mitsuri and then maybe she actually puts a little effort into analyzing her enemies before she moves, Maybe an Iguro death is what we need right now in order for her to actually get serious.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Yeah, I was expecting her to be serious considering she's facing Muzan, but she keeps acting like a child. Stahp.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah, I was expecting her to be serious considering she's facing Muzan, but she keeps acting like a child. Stahp.
Well in her defense, she really shouldn't be a demon slayer and really has no reason to. I mean when you look at all of the them excluding Kyoujiro, they all have a vendetta against demons and their families and friends were all slaughtered by demons. Mitsuri on the other hand has no vendatta against demons nor really has a reason to fight them other then she was ordered to. I mean think about it, with the dramatic pasts we've gotten To Kocho losing her parents and older sister to demons, To Muichiro losing his parents and older brother as well to demons, but Mitsuri got dumped too many times to for being a clingy girlfriend that the only solution for her was to go fight demons.:twitch

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Well in her defense, she really shouldn't be a demon slayer and really has no reason to. I mean when you look at all of the them excluding Kyoujiro, they all have a vendetta against demons and their families and friends were all slaughtered by demons. Mitsuri on the other hand has no vendatta against demons nor really has a reason to fight them other then she was ordered to. I mean think about it, with the dramatic pasts we've gotten To Kocho losing her parents and older sister to demons, To Muichiro losing his parents and older brother as well to demons, but Mitsuri got dumped too many times to for being a clingy girlfriend that the only solution for her was to go fight demons.:twitch
She doesn't need to have had consequences for her to read the atmosphere and empathise with everyone else there. Her reactions feel very misplaced and unnatural for an adult.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
She doesn't need to have had consequences for her to read the atmosphere and empathise with everyone else there. Her reactions feel very misplaced and unnatural for an adult.
Those things don't affect her IQ, yes, but it does affect her willingness to fight. Maybe a death from one of her closest friends (Iguro) Might just make her wake up and realize what she may be doing wrong, cause the rest of them had those experiences which changed them forever.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I think Mitsuri is just the author's outlet for humor. I've noticed a lot of the female authors and shoujo in general have really random-seeming humor faces in even the most dire situations. . . I always took it as a cultural thing for Japanese women in regards to manga. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't think I've read more than... maybe three shoujo in my life time. though I did get brain damage from reading a CLAMP story once. No. More. Feathers.

Anyway, Mitsuri seems to be doing what a lot of One Piece characters did waaay back when they didn't yet realize just how crazy their world was. It was ok at first but at this stage her emotions and faces are a bit... off.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mitsuri At this point is their main character for both Humor and Fanservice. honestly, she their only character when it comes to fanservice. If only she could be stronger and then she might just be a complete character. But im not going to shame Mitsuri like this. From what the last page looks like, Tanjiro and Mitsuri we're the only ones sent to the surface, so we might get a Mitsuri and Tanjiro VS Muzan, so maybe she'll still have her time to shine.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I think it's largely due to the fact Muzan is just raw power and speed.. Akaza and Kokushibo were refined killing machines before they were even Demons.. Muzan has no real technique or style he's just an overpowered monster. Akaza was a martial artist and Kokushibo was a demon slayer with a one of a kind breath.
Exactly Akaza and Koku are far more impressive. Someone of koku caliber will never let himself got hit by Tanjiro throwing a sword on him. Muzan got hit. Muzan is clearly inferior in skills compare to koku and Akaza.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I definetly agree with you @Gallon. Who are they facing. The most pure evil person in Demon slayers series. She should have take this situation far more seriously.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Regarding muzan, I am of the idea that he simply won't be a fighter like akaza or kokushibo were. Akaza and kokushibo were real martial artists who had taken their craft to higher levels. Realistically speaking, no hashira was a match to either in terms of sheer skill, except of course the see through world bit which akaza lacked.

When it comes to muzan though.... there is simply no evidence that he is any form of martial artist. muzan is merely a monster. he fights through his speed, strength, instinct. Akaza and kokushibo died after in some form remembering a shred of their humanity. Akaza through his loved ones, kokushibo through yorichi envy and pride at least. Muzan is likely past that.
Exactly This highly another possible reason he got overpower and got smash and humiliated by Yoriichi. Muzan is all brute and muscles with no skills. All I see of him is throwing bunch of whips. Yoriichi skills >>>>Koku,Akaza and Muzan.

Not impress I hope Gotouge don t make Muzan next furuta from Tokyo ghoul.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Man, some of Mitsuri's lines were really weird in this chapter. Not too happy with the way Nakime got handled. I get that she wasn't specialized in combat, but she was still an Upper Moon nonetheless, she deserved something better than just that.

Either way, putting that aside, the rest of the chapter was pretty good. As expected of someone who lets his subordinates do most of the dirty work for him, Muzan's fighting skills don't seem to be as good as Akaza or Kokushibo's. Obviously his raw power, durability, speed and versatility should be considerably higher than those, not to mention the fact that he can't be killed by decapitating his head (and I doubt he lets someone talk no jutsu him, lol).

Muzan is probably gonna face all of them head on in a hard battle. The main objective will be to prolong the fight until the sun sets up. Probably at some point Muzan is going to realize that he can't kill all of them before the sun sets up, so he's probably going to retire from the fight and go to where Nezuko is to absorb her and gain complete immunity and destroy the apparent only weakness he has. I doubt he succeeds in doing so, but considering how brutal Gotouge is when it comes to killing characters, I'm not completely sure about it. Tanjiro's unknown form of the Dance of the Fire God is going to come into play at some point of the fight too and the former Pillars should have their own screen time against Muzan. Excited to see how this will be executed.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Man, some of Mitsuri's lines were really weird in this chapter. Not too happy with the way Nakime got handled. I get that she wasn't specialized in combat, but she was still an Upper Moon nonetheless, she deserved something better than just that.

Either way, putting that aside, the rest of the chapter was pretty good. As expected of someone who lets his subordinates do most of the dirty work for him, Muzan's fighting skills don't seem to be as good as Akaza or Kokushibo's. Obviously his raw power, durability, speed and versatility should be considerably higher than those, not to mention the fact that he can't be killed by decapitating his head (and I doubt he lets someone talk no jutsu him, lol).

Muzan is probably gonna face all of them head on in a hard battle. The main objective will be to prolong the fight until the sun sets up. Probably at some point Muzan is going to realize that he can't kill all of them before the sun sets up, so he's probably going to retire from the fight and go to where Nezuko is to absorb her and gain complete immunity and destroy the apparent only weakness he has. I doubt he succeeds in doing so, but considering how brutal Gotouge is when it comes to killing characters, I'm not completely sure about it. Tanjiro's unknown form of the Dance of the Fire God is going to come into play at some point of the fight too and the former Pillars should have their own screen time against Muzan. Excited to see how this will be executed.
I just thought mitsuri's lines were literal trolling on the translators part. As in, most don't even make sense.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I just thought mitsuri's lines were literal trolling on the translators part. As in, most don't even make sense.
Yeah, at some point I thought that too, specially that part about Tomioka.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
They made Muzan purposely weak cause hes not the Final Boss and the story will continue after this

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
They made Muzan purposely weak cause hes not the Final Boss and the story will continue after this
Lol I doubt it. But we will see

Triok

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
for those whose wondering about tomioka's gayness...the words were translated wrong (maybe as a joke from translator), if my knowledge does not fail me, she was apologizing to someone (not sure who...I think is kagaya)