Chapter - Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 205 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 205 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Gladiolus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Other minor thoughts on the chapter.

-Zenitsu's male descendant is as much of a simp as he was, lol.
-If Tengen had 3 wives, does that means he has more descendants in the current times?
-Was good to see Kiriya becoming an old man, it means the curse of his family was broke after all.
-I feel really bad for Yushiro. He deserved better.
-Those baby twins were supposed to be Muichirou and his brother, right?
-Is good to see that not!Iguro is prepared for coronavirus.
-Since none of the reincarnations of the demons were shown in the chapter, does that means that they cannot reincarnate due being in Hell?

Last edited:

Kitsune5

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Guys... what about Yoriichi? After all he's suffered he deserves a happy ending too, thanks to him the demon slayer can use breath techniques.

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
There's an interesting topic regarding reincarnation with the "badies". Of course you wouldnt see Kokushibou or Douma being there like nothing lol. Imagine Kokushibou reincarnating in one of not!Muichiro future kids.

They go straight to hell and stay there. Killing humans is something that can't be forgiven.

Here's some pottery. What Muzan couldn't achieve with Tanjirou, Tamayo could achive eternity with Yushiro. That's her reward, Yushiro's memories will keep her alive. So Tamayo is the only demon that has reedemed by helping the good guys. In contrary with the rest of demons.

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Not just this, but I'm happy to see Zenitsu and Nezuko descendents.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sounds plausible, I guess the students would be the new generation's descendants. I can't wait to see who Nezuko ended up with, if anyone, because personally I don't want it to be Zenitsu (don't crucify me). The human and the demon picture thingy I'm guessing will be Yushiro and Tanjiro maybe, with Yushiro staying alive to watch over his earrings.
Waiting patiently for image leaks now.
Oh boy hahaha

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
There's an interesting topic regarding reincarnation with the "badies". Of course you wouldnt see Kokushibou or Douma being there like nothing lol. Imagine Kokushibou reincarnating in one of not!Muichiro future kids.

They go straight to hell and stay there. Killing humans is something that can't be forgiven.

Here's some pottery. What Muzan couldn't achieve with Tanjirou, Tamayo could achive eternity with Yushiro. That's her reward, Yushiro's memories will keep her alive. So Tamayo is the only demon that has reedemed by helping the good guys. In contrary with the rest of demons.
Man your comment on Yushiro was spot on, I liked that.
But I´d say the go to hell and stay is not in theme with the budhist theme of the series.
Everyone, eventually, reincarnates, in budhism.

Anyway,

It pains to see how people can think that seeing some new characters instead of the ones we have grew with. Much like the final fight, I think a few touches (maybe show us a little bit into the future with the wordless panels of chapter 204) could´ve presented this, which makes me belive that yes, this was rushed, since we know the author can write a lot better

But I will also say that I think this series is suffering some kind of ripple effect, since we have had GREAT endings (Avengers:Endgame) and BAD endings (GoT, Shokugeki) on the nerd community, so a Ok ending like this one tends to get more praised/bashed than it deserves to

THAT BEING SAID

BEST COUPLE HAS REINCARNATED AND IS HAPPY

I

AM

HAPPY

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
But what could be the reasons why it was rushed? You can think it would have been stretched to hell because of the massive success, but it didn't happen.

Maybe the croc didn't want all spotlight and take a rest? Like "good, this is too much, I'll leave it here" Or maybe she wanted to work in something that she's been putting more weight on than KnY? There's too much speculation and I really hope Shueshia or the editors are not involved on this.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
But what could be the reasons why it was rushed? You can think it would have been stretched to hell because of the massive success, but it didn't happen.

Maybe the croc didn't want all spotlight and take a rest? Like "good, this is too much, I'll leave it here" Or maybe she wanted to work in something that she's been putting more weight on than KnY? There's too much speculation and I really hope Shueshia or the editors are not involved on this.
Authors experience burnout, and maybe even pressure. Or maybe she dindt want the mangaka life for her, I mean the one like the high tiers who spent years doing the same shit.

But one can´t argue this wasn´t rushed. Specially with the quality of UP2 and UP1 fights.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, so tanjiro's descendant is pretty much a superhuman... i suppose its a similar situation to yorichi but less extreme. Tanjiro was strong when the manga started but he wasn't "parkour is nothing to me" strong. I also wonder if this is why the hashira could fight demons before yorichi... Even without breaths they simply had extraordinary physical aptitude.

Imagine what sports are like in this world.....

The ending seems sort of ok, perhaps even fun but i would have really preferred more closure regarding the cast's actual ending, even if the chapter implies happy endings. Also, I am sort of disappointed that nezuko apparently didn't end up with sanemi. I suppose its plausible it was nezuko's and zenitsu's descendants that bred.

And I remain disappointed that we didn't see zenitsu and inosuke get to the hashira level. They were probably close or about there.... And I really wanted the main cast to be honorary hashira...

Ok, just saw the translated chapter was out. Have to say, I just laughed at the blue spider lily bit... 1000 years of muzan looking for a flower that only blooms a few times a year during the day.... Such a pathetic bastard lol.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also, if the blue spider lily is real.... does it mean demons can return? Or maybe she let them wither because she found out demons could be made....

I am also kinda sad that yushiro has spent some 100 years painting tamayo. I actually thought him walking into the sun, out of his own free will, having lived a full life would be a sort of happy ending. I suppose he could be waiting for tamayo to reincarnate?

Kellanved

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic

I think that this time rushed feeling his really personal opinion. This was still milion times better than Bleach ending what is definiton of rushed and it ultimately trumphs endings of Nanatsu no taizai and Naruto.

-Stray

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Finally read the translated chapter, why do people keep assuming its a fact that the author was rushing to end this? this didn't feel rushed at all to me, just because we didn't get the ending we assume that would make it better doesn't mean its rushed. Looking back at it now 204 kinda served as their epilogue after killing all the demons, CH 205 is the result after all demons (bar Yushiro) exists no more. If anything this had the right conclusion to the journey we took from CH1. Like seriously compare CH 1 to this. Went from gruesome gore to full on fluff. This chapter also kinda existed for the reincarnated ones, prev chapter was for the cast that remained alive, we did see them happy after all.

Kellanved

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
I will say it during last time I finished 205 chapters all together. And my verdict is this is best mainstream shounen since freaking Fulmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It was incredible journy with amazin characters, awesome fights and beatiful art. Many things were here done better than in many other shounens.
Females who are not annoying and not beating boys for even breathing and are actually contributing to the fight. ✔
Villains who are actually competents and their jobs ✔
Fights that are based mainly on teamwork instead of main character constantly doing solo job ✔
Main bad guy was not puppet of someone else whole time ✔
My favourite quote from this series is when Tanjiro said following:
Everything you said is wrong. And the fact you are standing there right now
is proof. Newborn babies are weaker than everyone else. They need
someone to help them in order to live.
You are the same Akaza. You may not remember but when you were baby.
Someone protected and helped. That´s why you are alive now. The strong should
aid and protect weak. Then the weak will become strong, and in turn they will aid and protect
those weaker than them. That is the law of nature.

One of the strongest moments from the manga. Another one my favourite parts was when Uzui was selling Inosuke, Zenitsu and Tanjiro as whores. That s*it was funn as hell. In fact I love how this shounen was mature. We have half of the část killed, we spent whole arc in red light district and got some gore scenes like Gyokos art, Douma eating little girls and absorbing Shinobu so on. Love that feeling.
Also I love how Tanjiro in the end wasn´t descendant of Yorichi I think its just nice and quite inovative that randome family pass on his legacy. Lets be real
MC being descendant or reincarnation of someone important is overused. This was nice change of pace.
Final fight gave me FMA vibes all characters contributed it was not one-man show even nameless fodder had a part in it. Part with Tanjrio turning into demon wasn´t drag out rather it was culmination of Nezuko´s character arc, when she could help Tanjiro, just like he help her. I mean seriously we have Nezuko coming to the final battle for several chapters only for to be there after everything is already solved. That would be real cop out and I love that moment between siblings. Also if you wanted to see real drag out situation with possesion read the last arc of NNT taizai. I do not consider 3 chapters for being drag out.
Muzan was an amazing villain. I consider complaint about him being boring or non-interesting irrelevant. Since the very beginning he was juts rip-off of Orochimaru combined wiht Michael Jackson. I mean how could someone except from this guy redeeming qualities? He treat his own subordinates like complete sh*t (I mean seriously even freaking DIO was treating his pawns better) since the very beginning he was shown as total psychopath who murdered guy just because he dare to imply he does not look well. He even said this
Look at it this way being killed by me is the same as encountering great calamity. You don´t need to think so hard about it.
Rains, winds, volcano eruptions, earthquakes. Nobody tries to swear revenge on natural disaster no matter how many lives it takes.

He is not supposed to be morally ambiguous villain he even describes himself as force of nature, whic is much more interesting for me. If you want morally ambiguous villain you have Muzan´s underlings for that. It´s same discussion like in Avatar: The Last Airbender when people complaint about Ozai being one-dimensional villain but that was the point he was supposed to be Fire Hitler and if you wanted morally ambiguous villain you had Azula for that. Not to mention that Muzan had during last twenty chapter higher boudy count than most villains during ENTIRE MANGA. His defeat felt earned, it took entire squad. It was not solo job of main character or even main trio. That´s beatiful.
I what would you wanted for Muzan? He should like Tobito say to everyone that he did because They let Rinn die (because who would have thought that virginity could case world war) or he should pull out Yhwach and say that he wanted everyone immortal. Yes best villains are morally ambiguous and so are the worst ones, because every hack sees that common agreement and just grabs hold of it without thinking about it,
Also how exactly is Muzan´s defeat as*pull They literally beat him with sun known weakness of demons since the chapter one. Not to mention that medicine for Tanjiro was important plot poin through out entire manga. Even if we admitt its deus ex machina it would still pale in comparison to such stupid things like silver arrow defeating Yhwach. I mean if Kishimoto wrote this manga then Akaza would probably turn out to be alive at the end of the fight one-shotting Muzan from behind and telling us that everything was part of his plan. He ended up way better than Madara, Aizen, Yhwach, Pain, Demon King from Nanatsu no Taizai, Estarossa or any Fairy Tale villain. He was not redeemed by stupid talk no jutsu and he was threating during entire run.
Also can someone explain what loose ends ends are we even talking about here? Soul King from Bleach is loose end I do not see any loose ends here.
After disaster endings of Nanatsu no taizai, Naruto and Bleach I simply lost my faith in shounen genre and I did not think that any mainstream shounen series could ended with bang. But this manga proof me wrong I would put it on the same level as another well ended shounen series (Ares, Feng Sheng Ji, Hoshi no Samidare, Spirit Cicles, FullMetal Alchemist) and much better than Naruto, Bleach and NNT. I will gladly revisit this series in the future.
And I thank Koyoharu Gotouge to write this beatiful and awesome series. It´s ironic how best shounen for me FMA and this inteded for male audince mainly was written by females.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I also have to point out the ending was in no form rushed. The author clearly had ample time to tell exactly the story he wanted to tell... And once he did he ended the whole thing as neatly as he could. Granted, I am of the idea that ending the series with a bunch of at best reincarnated characters is less than ideal but it is still a pretty good ending. though I am also of the idea that its gross that they reincarnated as their own descendants as this means they all fucked their grandparents.

Kellanved

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
I also have to point out the ending was in no form rushed. The author clearly had ample time to tell exactly the story he wanted to tell... And once he did he ended the whole thing as neatly as he could. Granted, I am of the idea that ending the series with a bunch of at best reincarnated characters is less than ideal but it is still a pretty good ending. though I am also of the idea that its gross that they reincarnated as their own descendants as this means they all fucked their grandparents.
To be fair compare to most disgusting stuff which can happened in anime including incest between siblings, I think that idea of being reincarnation of my ancestor seems pretty normal to me.
This reminds me of Spirit Circle where girlfriend of MC was reincarnated once as his adoptive daughter and then as his sister. As long as its only spiritual stuff and not blood in it (or marriage) I have no problem with concept.

Authors experience burnout, and maybe even pressure. Or maybe she dindt want the mangaka life for her, I mean the one like the high tiers who spent years doing the same shit.

But one can´t argue this wasn´t rushed. Specially with the quality of UP2 and UP1 fights.
Depends which criteria we are using. Compare to other final arcs:
Naruto:
More than 100 chapters fight with Tobito
Another 40 chapters dealing with Madara
Then 10 chapters fight with Kaguya
And then less than 10 chapters to finished fight Sasuke vs Naruto
Bleach
100 chaptters we are dealing with Yhwach´s pawns (Valkyrie, Askin, Lille, Pernida)
And then final fight happened like during 10 chapters
Nanatsu no Taizai
40 chapters fight with Maelstarossa
5 chapters dealing with demons at camelot
5 chapters dealing with Demon King Meliodas
5 chapters dealing with Demon King Zeldris
3 chapters dealing with Cath
(you can check this numbers I was lazy to find exact chapters where fight begins in starts, but my point, that in all thre cases final fights were ridicolously
short compare to what came before, still stands)
Meanwhile final fight with Kibtsuji took 16 chapters one of the longes if not longest fight in the series. There are manga´s that wrapped up during 30 their entire own plot, so I would say that final duel was anyhting but certainly not rushed.

I would like to by the way know one thing and don´t get me for fanatic fanbo, but it´s question for especially those who says the ending is bad, which shounen mainstream battle manga had better well written ending than Kimetsu no Yaiba? Because when I compare it to garbage endings like NNT, Bleach and Naruto Kimetsu no Yaiba is masterpiece. So I am wondering which battle shounen manga series had better ending? Because I am tired of awful ending and I like mangas which are good from start to finish so any suggestions are welcome here.

everythingnice

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
OMGG the ships sailed!! THE SHIPS SAILED YOU HEAR ME?!! ZenitsuxNezuko, TanjiroxKanao, and Inosuke's descendants are so adorable. OMGGGG YAYYY!! So happy.

Zenitsu's descendant's hair being black is surprising but totally awesome!! I do prefer Zen with blonde hair though. Nezuko's descendant is flipping just like her. I could have preferred her having shorter hair, or one with a ponytail. But she's so smol and awesome though, especially compared to her little brother who is total wimp XD but hey, I loved Zenitsu because he was a wimp with badassness. I bet his descendant would have the same Zenitsu Syndrome. Oh and what if the girl becomes a wimp when asleep? :PP but gotta admit her kicks have the same effect as Nezuko XD

Kanao's descendant looks great too. He seemed pretty calm and rational but he sure is different, like playful, when Nezuko's descendant is around. Gotouge don't make me ship them, please don't make me ship them! But ahh who cares I already started shipping them XD who the heck cares if they are cousins or not seriously. At least they're not siblings, and this is a manga, based in Japan. Meanwhile Tanjiro's descendant seemed pretty lazy and a heavy sleeper, but he actually is a heavy sleeper. But damn his reflexes!! Top tier!! He and Rengoku's descendant are great friends too!

Inosuke's descendant was funny. He seems like an introvert who still has the passion for living in the mountains alone like Inosuke. Totally relatable!! I'd love to live in the mountains alone too!! But I don't know the first thing about survival. Damn. Anyway the way he was criticized in the public is really sad. He's a human and he can make mistakes. The media really has a thing for negative backlash huh. But damn Zenitsu's descendant's reaction to him was so amazing!!! XD but I'm wondering who was Inosuke's wife? Aoi? If she was then that's awesome!! I never shipped them though lol.

Seeing Zenitsu's master's and Urokodaki's descendants was great too.

So I'm confused about the reincarnations. I mean, I'm confirmed about Obanai, Mitsuri, Tokitous, Genya, Himejima, Sabito and his friend (forgot her name. Makomo?), but I'm not so sure about Giyuu and Sanemi, and if there is anybody else I'm forgetting.

Yushirou being all alone is too sad. He should at least try to connect with the descendants. He still can't step into the daylight either way. Huh. Did Kanao or Aoi know how to make the anti-demon medicine? Couldn't they have made one for him? Poor guy. Painting Tamayo all day...

And oof that Ubayashiki just live up to for more than a 100 years? Amazing and glad he survived the curse!

That bit of Murata's descendant was fun!!

Aw, I'll remember this as a well-deserved and welcomed ending.
Thank you Gotouge, for this series!

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
though I am also of the idea that its gross that they reincarnated as their own descendants as this means they all fucked their grandparents.
Uhm, I was under the impression that only the characters with no descendants had their reincarnations shown, while those that stayed alive had their descendants shown. This seems like kind of an headcanon lol.

aaannnnannan

Reaction score
Country
England
I don't feel like it was rushed cuz I think that it was Gotouge intention to make KNY this long . I mean if Gotouge s parents weren't sick KNy would have probably be like 20 chapters more , but honestly I don't really care , I just hope that they will release the novel sooner than they did in the past

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I mean if Gotouge s parents weren't sick KNy would have probably be like 20 chapters more , but honestly I don't really care
Guys, seriously, that was just a rumor from a tabloid. It hardly has any credibility, especially with Gotouge being involved in both of the novels and the gaidens still. Stop.

aaannnnannan

Reaction score
Country
England
Guys, seriously, that was just a rumor from a tabloid. It hardly has any credibility, especially with Gotouge being involved in both of the novels and the gaidens still. Stop.
I dunno , I just heard that and it would seem a good reason , but I guess u right