Chapter - Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 205 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 205 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Gladiolus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I do think there probably could've been a more interesting differentiation for those that were reincarnated. Maybe swap some genders, roles, or relationships.

Go wild with it.
I mean, the older descendant of Tanjirou is basically male Kanao, so...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Gotta say, the more I read the final chapter the less I like it. At first my reaction was ... "this is sort of ok" but now I just keep wondering what actually happened to the characters that survived the muzan fight. Other than what their descendants or reincarnations could tell us... The more I read it it feels like the author set up everything for a perfectly ok ending, which is more than most mangaka can hope for or achieve, and then out of nowhere and without any provocation whatsoever tried to ruin it. I mean, what has to go on in an author's head to have the manga end while showing new characters he probably will never use nor have any real connection to the actual story? We got bamboozled...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't want to give the impression that I'm angry about it or anything. I'm not. I don't think it diminishes the manga as a whole. But I do think that this ending was an unforced error.

Like I think last week's chapter was one splash page from being a pretty satisfying ending just in and of itself. There was a measure of closure in that. And this doesn't have the icky feel of like the Naruto ending, where it feels cheap and financially motivated. My impression is that this was genuinely intended to be a nice bit of fanservice. Like a "Hey, don't worry about all those people that died they'll meet again in another happier life." message.

The problem is that it's not actually a resolution for "our" characters so it doesn't work as fanservice. All the surviving character living happily some years later would have. By the degree of separation the contemporary setting the reincarnated characters provide it just gets too far from what the story was for me. I want to know what happens to specific characters more than we do a vague "It'll be ok... someday" message. That has no value to me.

So while I feel like the author's heart was in the right place. I'm afraid I do think this was a bad way to end it.:(

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
As I said: bamboozled.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
but now I just keep wondering what actually happened to the characters that survived the muzan fight.
It is not important to know. Kimetsu is not the story of the life of Tanjiro and his companions, it is the story of how Tanjiro tries to make his sister human again.

Like I think last week's chapter was one splash page from being a pretty satisfying ending just in and of itself. There was a measure of closure in that. And this doesn't have the icky feel of like the Naruto ending, where it feels cheap and financially motivated.
If we hadn't had the Naruto ending we would never have seen Naruto Hokage.

Here is the opposite, the story could also end in the first chapter, but Gotouge thought to make a general repatriation ..

The problem is that it's not actually a resolution for "our" characters so it doesn't work as fanservice. All the surviving character living happily some years later would have. By the degree of separation the contemporary setting the reincarnated characters provide it just gets too far from what the story was for me. I want to know what happens to specific characters more than we do a vague "It'll be ok... someday" message. That has no value to me.

But it is not important to know, having the characters achieved their goals they lose interest independently.

You don't need to know ALL of Tanjiro's life, you need to know that portion of history.

Such a long timeskip can be alienating, but all in all it works, because it allows broad lines to know what happened to the protagonists without delving into it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gotta say, the more I read the final chapter the less I like it.
For me it's the opposite :P

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It is not important to know. Kimetsu is not the story of the life of Tanjiro and his companions, it is the story of how Tanjiro tries to make his sister human again.
Well, ok, but if we didn't need to know what happened to them then we absolutely did not need to see the deal with their descendants. Who are essentially new characters that are in no way, form, shape or context connected to the actual plot of KnY.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally got around to reading the chapter, and while I didn't dislike it, I could see why some would. Seems more like the previous chapter had more closure in it, and while seeing familiar characters were nice (especially those who had died), these are still technically new characters). Might have been better if it had had something to do with the actual origin of the demons, but I can understand while it didn't. Out of all the series endings I have seen, this would probably be near the mid-top.

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Series gets a 6.5 or 7 from me cuz of that rushed ending.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So.... can someone explain to me what the significance of the black blade was?

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So.... can someone explain to me what the significance of the black blade was?
Well, I've checked it and the colour depends on the user and each one of these colours is said to impart different properties upon the blade. For example blue is water, red is fire, etc. Black is apparently Sun, the original breath. Yet again, it didn't have much significance other than help to stall a nerfed Muzan until the Sun came out.

Rukasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Don't know if it is allowed here, but someone translated all the extra pages from Kimetsu's last volume and I gotta say this version of the ending feels extremely touching and satisfying. It really sucks that Gotouge wasn't able to publish all of this on the magazine, I think almost all of the criticism directed to the final chapter wouldn't even exist if we got all this content

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't know if it is allowed here, but someone translated all the extra pages from Kimetsu's last volume and I gotta say this version of the ending feels extremely touching and satisfying. It really sucks that Gotouge wasn't able to publish all of this on the magazine, I think almost all of the criticism directed to the final chapter wouldn't even exist if we got all this content

This really should've been part of the damn chapters. For shame. They should've allowed the author to publish the chapters. What, a couple of extra pages wouldn't hurt. The magazine issue was going to fly off the shelves BECAUSE that's where Kimetsu ended. Instead, it was shafted to promote TPGW, which... flopped.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Beautiful... 😭 Why wasn't this in the first release again?

The final pages are a bit confusing though. Were those the final wills of the dead to the Kamado Sibilings or was it only Tanjirou thinking?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, those extra pages should've seriously been in the official release. That's an amazingly beautiful ending and fits the series so well.