Shoujo - Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

By: Shiina Karuho
Serialized In: Betsuma
Genre: School life, Romance
Scanlated By: Loyal Kiss, Mango Scans
RTS

This story is centered around a girl named Kuronuma Sawako who is nicknamed Sadako (ghost girl from "The Ring") by her classmates because of her scary face and demeanor. She greatly admires Kazehaya-kun from afar, he is "100% refreshing" and is able to draw in people with his personality. Unlike her facial expressions, she yearns to make friends and live as a normal student. Gradually, she starts to affect those around her, including Kazehaya-kun...

Winner of the 2008 Kodansha Manga Award for best shojo.

Last edited:

dokodemo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: [Shoujo] Kimi ni Todoke

this manga series if actually very very fun...cute...light...and sweet...i'd recommend everyone to read it...seriously...go read it~~it's really good...
Sawako is a really nice girl who has been misunderstood because of her incapabilities to bring her thoughts forward...well...also cuz she can't quite "voluntarily" use her facial muscles from time-to-time :)~
the author has just recently returned from giving birth~~so the series are back in motion again~~ <3 i believe the most current chapter is 38~~and 39 was just released a while ago...so i'm looking forward to the climax....cuz yes...the climax is coming...and i'm thinking it's going to end soon...:(

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: [Shoujo] Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho

No, I hope it doesn't end soon! It's only 9 volumes :( Not wanting to spoil myself I will take your word for it.

There is a "real" feel to the characters, they seem like people I knew in high school. So much of the plot, and the way each arc resolves, feels like something that could happen to anybody.

Here are the color pages for chapter 40. The cover of Betsuma I used in my first post was the most recent issue.

dokodemo

Reaction score
Country
Canada

i know...i don't want it to end so soon either...
but it seems like it would...seeing as how the story is unfolding as of ch. 38...
i haven't got the time to read ch. 39 + 40 yet....i'll go have a look tomorrow...:)

i love it how Shinna-sensei develops Sawako~~ <3
Sawako has really come a long in understanding herself~~

madsin92

Reaction score
Country
India

this series is so adorable, fresh for me and really sweet. a must read =D

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

The anime seems to have caught on with a lot of people, it's currently the most active of the new anime threads. Hopefully some of the new fans will give the manga a try!

Chapter 21 is out!

Last edited:

dokodemo

Reaction score
Country
Canada

i'm actually very thankful that the productions was done by I.G. Productions...they tend to reserve the original "flavour" of the mangaka~~ :)...
[for those who doesn't know wut i mean...think about Fairy Tail's manga and compare it with the "obscured" look with the anime version...or Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles manga by CLAMP <3...and compare that w/ it's anime counterpart...]

i read chpt-39...which was great...but Shinna-sensei just really knows how to grab ur attention and put u on the edge of the seat...sometimes i kina hate her for doing that tho...*waka*~

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: [Featured Series][Shoujo] Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho

I updated in my first post but Fateful Encounters merged with HMR Scans to form Loyal Kiss. As such they're site no longer exists, they will start releasing from here.

Chapter 22 is out!!

Last edited:

Keyshaaa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

hoho i love this manga!omg there's a anime?!!! i didnt know <.< *goes to search for the episodes*

dokodemo

Reaction score
Country
Canada

it seems like more obstacles are to come after reading ch-41...
and i don't wanna spoil it for you guys...so i'm gonna be quiet~~
but please~~go read it when it's scanlated~~ <3 sawako's the best~~

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Chapter 23 is out!!

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Just started this series and so far I like it. Its a nice fun, light-hearted read. Great when I don't feel like explosions :tem

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Shojo is always a good way to take a break from explosions :)

When you've caught up make sure to watch the anime, it's magnificent!

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Shojo is always a good way to take a break from explosions :)

When you've caught up make sure to watch the anime, it's magnificent!
I'll put it on my list to watch....not that I ever watch any anime really now a days, but I'll make sure I watch it over the break...at least some of it lol

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm still reading volume 4 and will catch up soon. Kurumi is one of my favorite characters in any shojo manga. She's completely two faced, one minute shes all smiles and nice to everyone and then in a split second she turns into this rude and scheming character only Sawako see. I'm glad it's getting a live action movie. To bad I will have to wait many years to see it subbed. :scry

Adorien

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

I love this manga! Really great story and characters. I'm in love with Sawako, she's so cute and kinda reminds me of my younger self when I was so shy... :D

The anime is a great adaptation, I'm in love with the opening and ending songs. And... the seiyu (Hirano Aya) of Kurumi is the same of Reira (NANA)! I just knew it when I heard her voice.

Anyways... waiting for next chapter. Amazing series!

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Chapter 33 is out! :nuts

According to Mango Scans, the next chapter will be out sometime in the second week of February. That seems far too long after the cliffie this chapter left us with! ;___; (I've been so spoiled lately with all the releases coming out so quickly :darn)

Is Kazehaya finally going to confess to Sawako? God, I hope so! And Miura better not get in the way, either! :shakefist

Chapter 33 was a really, really good one overall. I especially loved all the Yano/Chizu stuff. They continue to be my favorite characters (although I really like them all). The dynamic between them is just perfect. And Chizu FINALLY realized that Kazehaya likes Sawako! The shock on her face at this realization was just priceless..... and then she almost blurts it out for everyone to hear. Thank god Yano was there to muzzle her. :XD

Ryu doesn't beat around the bush either when asking Kazehaya about Sawako (just another reason he and Chizu are a perfect match <3). And even Pin knows everything! :XD

Can't wait until the next chapter!

[kaiten]still so far behind. damn this new group and their productivity :([/kaiten]
[goods]Don't listen to Kaiten, Mango Scans. Keep up the good work! :D[/goods]

Last edited:

Seppuku

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

A lovely manga, a little different to the rest, where the girl has more of a horror kinda look. The characters are very simple and the story's realistic, instead of the usual over-exaggeration you may get from other stories. You won't get the typical kind of cute girl trying her best to get most popular guy or anything of the sort. Instead, Sawako tries her best to mix in with the rest of the group. The situations the characters get into are also very cute at times.

So it's definitely a must read. Anyway, I can't wait to see what happens next!

~FrienD~

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

A lovely manga, a little different to the rest, where the girl has more of a horror kinda look. The characters are very simple and the story's realistic, instead of the usual over-exaggeration you may get from other stories. You won't get the typical kind of cute girl trying her best to get most popular guy or anything of the sort. Instead, Sawako tries her best to mix in with the rest of the group. The situations the characters get into are also very cute at times.

So it's definitely a must read. Anyway, I can't wait to see what happens next!
nope! there's a manga out there with the same concept, "Yamato Nadeshiko shichi henge"(this one's comedy),btw i don't wanna go off-topic but is this kimi ni todoke manga series over in japan? also the anime adaptation is also good.

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

btw i don't wanna go off-topic but is this kimi ni todoke manga series over in japan? also the anime adaptation is also good.
Nope. The manga is still ongoing in Japan. That's why we have it labeled with the "Ongoing" prefix. ;)

And I love the anime adaptation, too! You (and everyone else :tem) should come over and discuss it with the rest of us here: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54209 :amuse