Shoujo - Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seppuku

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [Shoujo] Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho

nope! there's a manga out there with the same concept, "Yamato Nadeshiko shichi henge"(this one's comedy),btw i don't wanna go off-topic but is this kimi ni todoke manga series over in japan? also the anime adaptation is also good.
Ah, yeah I've read that too! It's good ^^ However, I never said there wasn't another series which was similar to Kimi ni Todoke :s Among the majority of the shojo manga in general though, it's still a little different :)

Shizumi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

*looking foward the next chapter...*
This is really a funny and cute manga ^^
I love it :D
recommend it for anyone.

The anime is also very good.

slippy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

this manga is very enjoyable. it reminds me of Kare Kano but maybe that's just because i rarely read shoujo :P
but i love Kare Kano and this is great too =]

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Chapter 39 is out! :nuts

Wow! What a chapter! I'm practically beside myself fangirling right now! :pmg Sawako finally made it clear to Kazehaya how she feels, even if she didn't get all of it out. He knows and now it's time for him to reciprocate. :333 I just wish that people would quit interrupting every single time. So frustrating! As always, they leave us with a cliffhanger, so I can't wait until the next chapter. <3

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

:jawdrop I Love You :jawdrop

I did not see this coming at all, more of I like you Kaze but this was a total shock. It was so cute when Sawako was hiding behind the door because she didn't want her blushing face to be shown. The S. x K. hug was so great and I wanted to cry until that loser Jyo interrupted an amazing moment. Pin, I was impressed by him when he talked to Sawako. Another cliffhanger that leaves me wanting more. :shakefist

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States

Finally! Someone to fangirl with! :luv
That hug was sooo great! And the way Sawako was grabbing onto Kazehaya's shirt totally made me squeeee~ <33

I was also impressed by Pin and the way he talked to Sawako. I think his reassurance that her feelings were normal was just what she needed. :amuse

ymoua

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ah!! Finally!!! I mean come how much more is she going to misunderstand. At least I'm proud of her for confessing, if only Gyo didn't interfer agrhhhhhh!!!

Pin~ hehehe I like his character

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Chapter 39 was one of the best chapters of manga I've ever read. The confession, the hug, Jyo's intrusion, Pin's (!!) wisdom. If only every manga could be this perfect.

I loved Pin's satisfied expression after comforting Sawako.

niiica

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

I love this manga. It's light-hearted, so it's a good read after getting back from uni. Good thing I found the raws here on MH or I probably would've suffered waiting for the Edited Mangas already, lol.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

It is a nice light read, but with so much emotional depth and content I don't feel like I've read 40p. of fluff.

For anyone who hasn't seen chapter 40 and 41 are out! The resolution of Sawako and Kaze's relationship was as satisfying as I had hoped. Chapter 39 and 40, the confessions, were beautifully done. The confession was heartfelt and un-rushed, room for humor was left but not so much that it overwhelmed the emotion. I really got the feeling of two shy, awkward people coming to grips with their feelings. Chapter 39 was epic but 40 was no let down. The final image of chapter 41, Kurumi turning her away was amazing. I'm hoping she returns in chapter 42.

Does anyone else think the art has improved over the last few chapters? The post-hiatus chapters seem to be more detailed, the characters are drawn better and a bit prettier.

Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States

Couldn't agree more about how well the confessions were done. They felt so natural for these characters. Nothing out of character or over-dramatized. Just perfect~ <3

I was especially proud of Sawako for making her feelings heard and understood. Putting yourself out there is not an easy thing to do for anyone, no matter how confident a person is. So, for someone like her who is so unsure of herself and is just now figuring out how to build relationships with others, she's truly come so far! :')

Now I'm really wanting to see Kurumi's reaction, which I'm guessing we'll see in the next chapter. I'm sure she's not going to give up on Kazehaya or give the new couple her blessing, but I have a feeling that she'll give Sawako some respect in her own way. She's always seen her as a rival after all~

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Chapter 42 is out!!

Sawako and Kaze are still so cute and awkward together. Hopefully Kimi won't end any time soon, I want to see them date, I want to see their relationship develop. The best thing though: Kurumi is back!! I loved her standing up for Sawako at the end. I've always loved how, despite being her rival, she always respected her. She was the first after Kaze to call her Sawako. Great chapter, can't wait for more.

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't want KimiTodo to end any time soon either! Yes we finally have the main couple together, but there is so much more that these characters (especially Sawako) have to learn about in relationships that can be explored. I can't wait to see things like all the anticipation surrounding any physical contact between them and, of course, their first kiss. I just know it will be so awkward and sweet! :luv Plus, we also have Chizu and Ryu to get together. <3333 I think KimiTodo still has plenty of life left in it. :amuse

So, about chapter 42. Kurumi's reaction here was perfect! Exactly as I expected, she gives respect to Sawako. Best line, imo? "Everyone apart from Sawako is the same." I seriously love Kurumi's character more and more each time she appears~

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Anime/movie discussion moved to Kimi's anime thread.

niiica

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Chapter 46 (raw) is out.

They go on a date. Sawako gives Kazehaya the hat and the chocolates that she wasn't able to give him on Christmas and Valentine's respectively. They go to the planetarium and this big bluuush moment happens.

Now that they're together, I wonder what the mangaka is planning to do with this? I mean, will she slowly bring the series to a close or will there be any twist to Kazehaya and Sawako's relationship?

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

It's not uncommon for shojo to continue after the main characters start dating. Most of LoveCom and High School Debut were about dating rather than courtship. Kimi could continue a long time; Sawako and Kaze still need to get comfortable together, go on dates, get jealous, have cute couple moments. High School Debut lasted ten volumes after they started dating, LoveCom lasted eleven. Given how awkward they are together I think Kimi will last about that long.

niiica

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

It's not uncommon for shojo to continue after the main characters start dating. Most of LoveCom and High School Debut were about dating rather than courtship. Kimi could continue a long time; Sawako and Kaze still need to get comfortable together, go on dates, get jealous, have cute couple moments. High School Debut lasted ten volumes after they started dating, LoveCom lasted eleven. Given how awkward they are together I think Kimi will last about that long.
That's true. Though I never did like LoveCom and High School Debut. Let's just hope things won't get dragged out, then. Kimi ni Todoke is a good read, it would be a waste if the quality goes down.

conn-man

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

just read the first 2 chapters and i love it. amazing story that truly explores social and psychological intimacy and the difficulties and trials that all people, no matter where in the world, have to overcome to be genuinly happy and kind to others. my kind of stuff.

Sawako-Chan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

it's a shame that take so long to get the chapters... kimi is amazing...love it...

i just read the chapter 42...and it's out almost 2 weeks there's no other chapters =/

it's a shame that shouje get's so long from chapter to chapters

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan

omg omg omg cant wait for the new chapter.is it just me or i have a feeling that if some event wont interupt sawako's and kazehaya's lovey-dovey life, the manga will end very soon? I hopeit doesnt end soon.

Anyone knows when the 54 chap is coiming out?

Last edited: