Shoujo - Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Oberon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Re: [Shoujo] Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho

Kimi ni Todoke #65 Chinese Scan: Click Here

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I just read chapter 65... OMG the sexual tension!!! That's my interpretation at least. Kazehaya seems like he's distancing himself from Sawako because he's getting physically attracted ^^

How do you think they can overcome this? I mean, Sawako being the social baby that she is, how can she confront this problem?

Oberon

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Kimi ni Todoke #66 & Color Page: Click Here

Norah

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia

I love this manga. the lead girl is so adorable and funny. :^_^

M3J brings up a good point.

Indeed "Kimi ni Todoke" is about "reaching you", but it's not just about Sawako and Kazehaya's feelings reaching each other, but also about the secondary characters' feelings reaching each other as well. So there's also Yano and Pin's, and Chizu (surely you didn't really mean Chiwa, Milly... But then again you had to ask me what Kazehaya's name was so I wouldn't put it past you :tem) and Ryuu's feelings that have to reach each other. I'm sure they will before the end of Kimitodo :)
yeah, not many mangaka pay more attention to the secondary characters. and most of the time the secondary characters are more interesting than the main ones.

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Welcome to the shoujo Forums, Norah! :confetti Please explore the other threads as well. ^^ I hope you have fun here.

Anyway, yes, I agree about the secondary character build-up in this manga. Each of their stories complement the whole value of the manga. All of them experience the same kind of "first love", but approach it differently.

HatsumiShinogu

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I love Kimi ni Todoke. It is one of my favorites and I always look forward to new chapters/volumes.

My favorite is Ayane from the girls while I like Pin and Ryu from the guys. I actually love all the characters but I am mostly interested in Ayane. She is one of the most complicated secondary characters and until now, I cannot really tell what is going to happen. At first, I was so sure it is going to be Pin she is going to end up with but I am not sure anymore. I want her to be with Pin but from the latest chapters, it seems that there is a good chance she might end up with Kento.

What do you guys think? Who do you think she is going to end up with?

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I am always happy to welcome a new poster here in the Shoujo forums!

Welcome, Hatsumi. (I could totally tell you like Hot Gimmick. Do explore the other threads here, I'm sure you'll enjoy it)

I actually agree with you about Ayane. I think she is more interesting in the sense that she's been around more than anybody among them, but she's the one who feels the most hollow. It's like she's not innocent but she hasn't had a real honest love. I also thought she'd wind up with Pin but now that I think about it, Kento would really be great for her.

HatsumiShinogu

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I actually agree with you about Ayane. I think she is more interesting in the sense that she's been around more than anybody among them, but she's the one who feels the most hollow. It's like she's not innocent but she hasn't had a real honest love. I also thought she'd wind up with Pin but now that I think about it, Kento would really be great for her.
I agree that Kento is a good character and he might be a great partner for Ayane but I still think this couple came out of left field. I mean, it all happened so fast and so suddenly. Kento is so cute and nice and he is really growing on me but I still like Pin more. Pin and Ayane would make a unique pair but who knows what the mangaka is planning.

Does Ayane like Pin? This is a question that I could never answer. There were some hints that she might like him but I'm not really sure. And he doesn't seem to have special interest in her, so this relationship will be a bit complicated and difficult to develop?

I'm so interested in Ayane because she is the only one in the group who didn't experience true feelings of love and I'm anticipating the moment she finally falls for someone and confesses. I kind of want her to fall in love herself and naturally without being asked out by a guy first as it always happened. I guess that's why I don't feel any thrill in the prospect of a relationship between her and Kento. I don't see anything new in this relationship with the exception that he truly seems to care for her unlike the guys she previously dated. Well, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

At one point I did consider Pin for Ayane since she seemed quite experienced with boys her age and might have become bored with them, and instead was more interested in older men- and also because after the different things she's been through, an older man could give her new perspective.

But when her innocent side was shown about her not knowing love at all, not having experienced excitement, of actually knowing whom she likes, I thought Kento would be a lot better for her softer side- since Kento seems very honest with himself and very direct that Ayane's walls would simply crumble. I thought Kento could easily penetrate Ayane's defensive personality and that could shake her up and look at him in a different light.

Galbert-Kun

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Agreed. I thought that Pin was a good match for Ayane. Kent is being real with her and she's accepting of that. Chizu's expression is hard to read when Ryu is holding her.

tonyyao82

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Ayane/Pin is tricky because of the student/teacher dynamic. Kent is still the best. I'm interested to see how Ayane will evolve. It would be quite interesting if there was a love triangle between Ayane/Pin/Kent.

HatsumiShinogu

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

If they do a love triangle, I'm pretty sure it will be something like this: Kento -> Ayane -> Pin -> ?

I don't hate Kento. In fact, I like him and he is growing on me but I still think a relationship between Kento and Ayane won't be anything new. Things might get interesting in the future chapters but I hope there is still a chance it would be Pin and Ayane. I actually think Kurumi suits Kento more than Ayane but of course that doesn't mean that the two will end up together. Pin and Kurumi might end up alone.

There is also the possibility that if Ayane does like Pin, her feelings might not be reciprocated and thus ending up with Kento.

Last edited:

Oberon

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Chapter #69Verification: Confirmed
Source: Juin Jutsu Team
Credits: Oberon

More Pics Here: Juin Jutsu Team

HatsumiShinogu

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Happy to see Pin in the new episode. I would love to know what is going on and what the conversation between Pin and Sawako is about. It's pretty obvious it is about her and Kazehaya.

And now Mogi is back? Makes me wonder what his role will be. Will it turn into a fight for Ayane's heart? Hmm... Now if only Pin would do something about it but I don't see it happening. :(

---------- Post added June 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was June 10, 2012 at 06:31 PM ----------

Episode 69 is out! What do you guys think of the new developments?

Well, still nothing between Kazehaya and Sawako but happy to see Ryu and Chizu getting closer.

Pin's date stood him up and out of rage, decided to go and crash the party. He ran into Sawako in the hallway and had a nice chat with her. I thought it was so nice of him to sit and listen to her. Hopefully his advice will make a difference in Kazehaya and Sawako's relationship.

As much as I like Pin's role, I don't want him to remain in this role forever. I want him to find a love of his own as well. I hope he falls in love with someone.

The biggest surprise for me was Mogi. I didn't expect him to show up again but I'm sure there is a reason the mangaka brought him back. I just hope things won't get more complicated than they already are.

HatsumiShinogu

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Does this episode confirm that KentoxAyane is endgame?

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

That was pretty sweet and romantic. I liked this chapter a lot and I was glad there was a complete absence of Sawako/Kazehaya drama. Their current situation is wearing on me.

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

That was pretty sweet and romantic. I liked this chapter a lot and I was glad there was a complete absence of Sawako/Kazehaya drama. Their current situation is wearing on me.
That was really refreshing after all the Kaze/Sawako drama. Ayane and Kent make such a great pairing, I hope she will finally open her heart now :love

Reminded me of what Shiina Karuho is capable of, the chapter is so sweet I went all :wtf