Josei - Kimi wa Petto by Ogawa Yayoi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Josei Kimi wa Petto by Ogawa Yayoi

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Summary :
This story revolves around Sumire Iwaya, who is a successful career woman at a major newspaper agency. Does successful in work means everything? She soon found out otherwise. Join her trying out a new strange relationship with a human pet, Momo, in the modern society today, and how they maintain this master & pet relationship.....

Note : This series received the 2003 Kodansha Manga Award.

Title: Kimi Wa Petto きみはペット, or (Tramps Like Us)
Mangaka : Yayoi Ogawa
Genre: Josei, Comedy, drama, mature
Serialised by : Kiss
Published by : Tokyopop
Japanese Release: 14 Volumes complete
Edited Mangas: on-going

Groups :
Eternal Blue , Ushi,
(source from Mangaupdates)

Edited Mangas : Up to Vol 6 Chap 29.

J-Drama Series :
Official Jap Website
J Drama Reviews

------------------------------------------------------------------------

i first came across it after reading Candy Life (another one volume series by her) and I heard this was good. Personally, I recommend these series to gals who are about to step out into the working world, or even young gals for a different perspective of life. This is somewhat a practical outlook of the working life out there, and the complicated love relationships, that may come along. Of course, it may be a bit outrageous here :p but it reflects sometimes how a girl/woman struggles with her life and the decisions that she had to make.

So, let's talk about this series... How do you find the story so far ? Would you ever want a Momo as a pet?? (I would thou, if i can afford ;) )

Last edited:

dedal_x

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
Re: Kimi Wa Petto - Discussion

Well, I'm not even a female, let alone a josei. I'm a 20-y.o. man, but somehow I really enjoy these series. I like the contrast between the realistic relationships between main heroine and her sempai at work, and relationships she has with Takeshi. Somehow I think this manga cives a glimpse of how complicated simple things can be.

And I like the character of Sumire. It's like the mangaka didn't make this image, but drew some existing person. She is really alive in the manga. I like that. ^__^

P.S> Yeah, I always had dreamt of having a human pet(female, of course), and when I came across Kimi Wa Pet - relations between Iwaya and Momo kina reflected my own imagination of having a human as a pet...

moon212

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Is the drama anygood?I want to watch the drama . I read a lil bit of the manga and was wondering if the drama is like the manga.

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

I have only seen the first few episodes of it.
I like the actress who acted as Sumirere, and if you are a Jun Matsumoto fan, you'll definetely like him acting as Momo.

However, the drama stops short, so it's better to keep to the manga series, which talks further about Sumiere's boyfriend keeping a 'cat' as well. Go figure ;)

moon212

Reaction score
Country
United States

I have only seen the first few episodes of it.
I like the actress who acted as Sumirere, and if you are a Jun Matsumoto fan, you'll definetely like him acting as Momo.

However, the drama stops short, so it's better to keep to the manga series, which talks further about Sumiere's boyfriend keeping a 'cat' as well. Go figure ;)
Thank you Nami. I will chack out the drama

Tepie

Reaction score
Country
United States

i love this series actually. although, i'm only through to Volume 13, as released by Tokyopop. As far as the Jdrama, i loved it, but i stopped about halfway. i was afraid i'd watch the ending, and then ruin it when i read Volume 14. Tokyopop will release that volume in february. i hope i can wait that long. i have to say i liked Jun Matsumoto in this series better than i liked him in Gokusen. although, technically speaking, i may have just not liked the character.

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Is the drama anygood?I want to watch the drama . I read a lil bit of the manga and was wondering if the drama is like the manga.
I've seen the drama and I loved it. Matsumoto Jun is just sooo adorable in it, it's a must-see for any Matsumoto Jun fan. I don't know how it is when compared with the manga, since I haven't read the manga, I don't even know where to get it but I do know that the drama is definitely worth checking out ^_^ Although there are only 10 episodes I felt it was a bit short, but it was all about quality :amuse

lalamesilly

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Kimi Wa Petto by Yayoi Ogawa - Discussion

I'm probably one of the biggest fan of Matsumoto Jun. I think he's awesome at acting including he's hot.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: [Josei] Kimi Wa Petto by Ogawa Yayoi (v14)

both download links are dead, nami. I just recently got interested in this, and i can't find any manga :( it's not at mangatraders either. and EB is gone?

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Thanks, I've edited out the links. Guess it's licenced and complete, so maybe a good bet would be your nearest bookshop? EB is out for a long while.... you haven't read any chapters yet?

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

no unfortunately i haven't. -_- hmm. since it's been completed for a long time now, there's really no chance finding it in the bookstores. the only josei i found was Nodame. >.<

Himemo

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

I think it's called "Tramps Like Us" in the Tokyopop releases. I don't know if that will help with finding it.

mmmarie

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

one of the my favourites and i think it had one of the good endings ever. no open endings and all that :D But I still don't like
how sumire calls momo in the end.. oh well at least she tried calling him takeshi once
:D Really worth of your money! so dont hesitate to get it in stores.