Shounen - Kindaichi Case Files by Kanari Youzaburou & Satou Fumiya | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kindaichi Case Files by Kanari Youzaburou & Satou Fumiya

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I approve, please do it :clap

I would really love to read this series. It's one of those I can't read because it's too long (and therefor too expensive to import), though, I know you won't do the licensed volumes. But from the few chapters I've read from older Edited Mangas, it's such a shame that this series is so little known compared to other detective series. It is really good.

Last edited:

Komi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I approve, please do it :clap

It's one of those I can't read because it's too long (and therefor too expensive to import), though, I know you won't do the licensed volumes.
Aww, I completely understand your situation! I was trying to avoid ordering them online to save on shipping as well and so it took me nearly a year to collect the volumes available from TokyoPop. But yeah, I'm uncomfortable with uploading their translations and it'd feel silly to do it over again because their localization of the series was mostly excellent! So I do apologize and I hope you can find them someday at an affordable price while these shorts tide you over :D

batanen

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Komi: I actually found your site sometime ago and was back then very sad that there were nothing released. I am very happy your trying to resurrect the project now. Glad I still have been checking, whether this would happen.

I have bought every Kindaichi that I have got my hands of, but a few volumes cost way too much (you see what I mean by looking for Amazon prices). For the very reason, I haven't bought some used volumes, which unfortunately cannot be found as a new anymore (it's out-of-stock everywhere), so I guess I won't be reading those. Maybe you will reconsider releasing the hard to get volumes when TOKYOPOP's license expires and they decide to give up? Don't know when that will be though. But at the moment, I feel it's great that your doing new cases. Waiting for the first complete manga release. Good luck with the project!

By the way, almost every Kindaichi manga volume is already available as a raw, if that knowledge helps anything. Then there would be no need to scan them twice.

Last edited:

Komi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Batanen!

I'm just curious which volumes/cases it is that are considered "rare"? I think I've pretty much managed to get the entire collection myself, whether it's in Japanese or Chinese, though I would love to get my hands on one of Kodansha's bilingual manga! If it's the TokyoPop releases you're talking about, however, then that will have to be something we'll consider far in the future because I don't wish to undermine their work. I'm really sorry that you can't find them for a decent price though!

Oh, and thank you very much for the hint about the Raws and the good luck wishes! I think I've managed to find Raws of everything except the short cases, which I've been having to scan the Chinese versions of. I wish I could promise a speedy release date, but my translators are all good friends of mine who are indulging me in between their busy lives. Hopefully I will have one case to release for you soon!

Cheers!

Sherlock Holmes

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Don't worry about speed. Us mystery fans are a patient bunch, haha. Thanks for doing this, we all love Kindaichi.

Oh, and HAIL CANADA!

batanen

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi Komi!

Well for the ones who live in the USA or maybe in Canada it may not be that difficult to get all at reasonable price. A few weeks ago I saw an Amazon offer which had the volumes I am still missing. Price would have been about 7-10$ each, but the international Amazon shipping cost made the total too much. Shipping would have been 12,49$ x 3 and it was not possible to combine the shipping cost even though the mangas were all from the same seller. When I got interested in Kindaichi, I should have waited a good package offer. Now buying manga one by one is too much for my wallet.

At the moment my country only offers volumes 5, 6, 13, 16, 17. When those are sold out, there won't be anymore Kindaichi. I also have been using Bookdepository.co.uk. They mainly offer the recent last two volumes. In addition, Bookdepository is selling some Kindaichi volumes at the price of 17 euros. Publisher is said to be Paw Prints, who is that?

I think the first six and the last two are easiest to find at a good price. I would say, especially the volumes 9-12 are the most difficult to obtain. Luckily, I bought the volumes 10-11 when the local online shop had those. Actually, I got the last pieces.

I know about Kodansha's bilingual manga. Those are also rather expensive as you pointed out and nowdays even more difficult to get. However, I have the first four volumes. I bought those because I thought they had a new story as it's named The New Kindaichi, but in the end it's the same story as in TOKYOPOPs manga. Here is a few images I took (sorry for the quality, can take a better if needed):

* Cover & Back
* An example panel

I am very fond of these. However, I would rather read the new cases of Kindaichi. So, if you're interested in exchange and have volumes I am missing, I could negotiate about exchanging. You probably can get TOKYOPOPs editions back easier than I. PM me if you're interested and I give you my MSN/email address or I could directly contact your email if you let me have it.

Komi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, since all Kodansha titles are no longer available on MangaHelpers, I thought I'd post here to let anyone interested know that we've got the first chapter of one of the short stories up on our website!

http://www.momichi.net/kindaichi

Hopefully we'll have the conclusion chapter up fairly soon!

kingdomkey101

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know that there is a bit of talk about kodansha usa coming soon possibly doing some manga so, who knows kodansha might save the day. yes episodes 14-16 are coming we ran into a lot of different problems. good news is that we currently have 4 translators for the anime so I hope we will not run into the problem of no japanese translator again for a long time.

kingdomkey101

Reaction score
Country
United States
it is coming we have up to episode 20 translated.

ValerieYew

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
So are there any Edited Mangas of kindaichi?
If you have a Apple IPhone, you may want to download from the AppStore.
Just search for 金田一. There the full case series and short series. It's free too!

arohbi

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
yeah one of the best manga mystery... atleast not KnKF find their time translating this series on both manga ang anime. Only 29 episodes are sub perfectly but from 30 to 54 bad translation, bad quality but still you can understand the story well for me. :)