Seinen - Kingdom by Hara Yasuhisa | Page 35 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Kingdom by Hara Yasuhisa

KimCorrea

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Finally i caught up with releases.
I Just want to say Something.
Riboku and houken are the most annoying characters I ever read on any manga.
Dang it.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please, allow me to introduce you to Rachel from Tower of God. She can take the award for ‘Most Hated Character’ any day of the week. :XD

KimCorrea

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
You can add gabi (snk) to that list too.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The old guy who read out the award ceremony is hilarious, reading out Ri Shin's feats :crying

I've seen some spoilers on discord. The source is here. And some text below:

At the beginning of the chapter, the Hi Shin Unit is celebrating and drinking in Shin's domain. Then, we get a brief depiction of the new chain of command within the unit (Bihei is promoted to 100-man commander, the Archer Brothers are now at the head of 800 archers, and Kyou Kai is now a 5000-man commander). The Hi Shin Unit go to Gyou, and is meeting with the Gaku Ka and Mouten (and the new lieutenant of Mouten, who seems to not be impressed or interested by Shin). Ouhon is one day late, and they planned to meet at Gyou and then invade Zhao. They discuss Riboku, who is still in jail and wait for his execution. Shin wants to kill him himself to avenge Ouki (but don't mind him dying anyway) while Mouten relate to Riboku and pity him (in his opinion, Riboku fight for his country more than anyone in China and his execution would be heartbreaking).

Meanwhile, in Kantan (the Zhao capital), Kaine is raiding a possible location of Riboku's jail. But this is a trap ! The supporters of Riboku are currently in a deadlock with the personnals soldiers of the King ; they execute and torture publicly members of the governement, but can't find where Riboku is detained. Pedo-king is bathing and ask his chancellor (Kakukai) why Riboku is still alive (he really, really, really wants to kill him painfully). Kakukai said "now is not the time, i need to cull the supporters of Riboku a little more". If they execute Riboku now, his army will rebel and become a terrorist cell, but not if he weakens them first by letting things drag along. So, basically, Kakukai is bidding his time, munching away at Riboku's loyalists, and when they will become a few soldiers without the means to threaten him, he will execute Riboku. Painfully, slowly, and in a way that will be speaked of for centuries (in the Pedo-King own words).

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Chapter 645: Defeat, from the Jaws of Victory! (The way I named it! :XD )

I was getting all nervous with the death of the king and the release of all these capable men on the side of Riboku and the Crown Prince...
but... then the deceased king reached out from the grave and screwed them all... :XD

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was getting all nervous with the death of the king and the release of all these capable men on the side of Riboku and the Crown Prince...
Looks like Ou Sen was getting a little nervous too haha. Not that you can ever really tell with him. Sadly, that was short-lived. Zhao is destined to be in the gutter, ruling class wise.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Zhao is a comedy of a nation. The only guy I'm really interested in is Shi Ba Shou.

I'd really not like to see Qin vs Zhao again. That's going to be painful.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, I get you, but I am still looking forward to more Qin vs Zhao arcs personally. Ri Boku and Shi Ba Shou are both competent obstacles for the protagonists, and that is all that is needed to create excitement for me haha. It is not as if most of the other countries are going to be able to pull out better antagonists, other than maybe Chu.

On another note, I am curious as to whether Hara will shift away from Zhao after this mini-arc. I would support that decision as I felt the last arc did drag at points, and we all probably need a breather from this conflict for a while.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
We need a break from Zhao. I'll be down with them if that kid who is another Ei Sei took over, and gave Ri Boku full control of the military (which what the last arc should have been) so there's no excuses, and Zhao's main generals are put in a box at the end of the arc.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
We need a break from Zhao. I'll be down with them if that kid who is another Ei Sei took over, and gave Ri Boku full control of the military (which what the last arc should have been) so there's no excuses, and Zhao's main generals are put in a box at the end of the arc.
This is kind of the problem Hara got himself into by going against known history and including Ri Boku for this last arc. As far as I know, he was never involved in this battle. Same thing with the Coalition. This led to him having to create a scenario that did not dehype Ri Boku (though others may disagree on whether he was successful in that goal), while also having him lose the battle.
That said, I completely agree with you. I want to see a situation where he has full reigns and Zhao finally has less krusty leadership.

BlackHair

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I just read 692. fuck this author is a beast.

As of right now, there are two "strategy revelation" moments which give me goosebumps. First Ou Sen's refugee strategy starting at 512 and now Kanki's Sun Bin. Masterful. I will be rereading both build-up for years to come. Well done Hara-Sensei.

PS: Why is this thread dead? This masterpiece of a manga deservers more attention and praise.

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Latest chapter was pretty hype. I'm curious to see how Kochou's going to attempt to counter whatever crazy stuff Kanki has up his sleeve.

I wonder how Kochou's final vassal general is going to get taken out.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Not sure why this thread isn't more active tbh. But Kingdom is easily one of the best mangas out there atm.

I don't believe this will go smoothly for Kanki tho. Kochou must have some sort of move under his sleeve. Curious to see how this will go.

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
Not sure why this thread isn't more active tbh. But Kingdom is easily one of the best mangas out there atm.

I don't believe this will go smoothly for Kanki tho. Kochou must have some sort of move under his sleeve. Curious to see how this will go.
Couldn't agree more. And it's one of the top selling mangas as well in Japan, I don't get why there is no English publisher working on the series, it's a real shame.

Anyway, here's chapter 693 in Korean.

I really doubt Kochou will have the opportunity to go through with his suicide attempt for some reason. Like, if he had to die by his own hand, I believe it would have been shown on the last page, so as to surprise/shock the readers. We're only shown his intention here. Could be it's just a way for the author to have Kanki and Kochou have a little chat in the next chapter before he dies, but I'd be a little disappointed.

I like that we're shown Kanki's strength a little more, especially considering his stats in the latest guidebook.

Last edited:

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't get why there is no English publisher working on the series, it's a real shame.
Most won't take the risk at this point with a 60+ volume series. That's a lot of time/effort/money when they can't guarantee that it'll sell well (especially consistently, even if they were to do omnibuses).

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, this series used to have a full section to itself. There have always been a devoted core group of readers, but there weren’t enough of them to keep the section alive when the casual readers dwindled away. I was hoping that with the current anime season that would’ve drawn in more people, but the season got cut in two because of COVID and there was a ton of other good shows to compete with it, when it finally did show.

what can I say.
:catshrug

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
Most won't take the risk at this point with a 60+ volume series. That's a lot of time/effort/money when they can't guarantee that it'll sell well (especially consistently, even if they were to do omnibuses).
Oh I see, that's a real shame...
It's true that the French publisher is actually a very young company (2017) and they bet a lot on Kingdom (in 2018) becoming popular... and it worked. It's selling well.
And I mean, French-speaking countries, and France especially, is a pretty big market for mangas, but I guess the English market is even bigger, so I don't see how big of a risk English publishers would be taking on a series that is selling so well in both Japan and France.
Oh well, can't say I know much in this field, and they must certainly have valid reasons.

I was hoping that with the current anime season that would’ve drawn in more people, but the season got cut in two because of COVID and there was a ton of other good shows to compete with it, when it finally did show.

what can I say.
:catshrug
I'm inclined to think that the anime is not helping at all ^^"

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Caught up in two days @lakhan220

Was thinking they would fight the Chu longer but it was essentially a set up (put a timer on Zhao coz we can't be there forever, future Wei domination, set up Kanmei v2.0 for Moubu in the Chu showdown).

Kan Ki sure is sexy (last page of 692 is nsfw). Wonder if Kouchou actually is downed here though...