Voting Round 2 - Kingdom vs Akame ga Kill! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Kingdom vs Akame ga Kill!

Who wins?

• Kingdom

• Akame ga Kill!

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Kingdom
Yasuhisa Hara

-

Akame ga Kill!
Tetsuya Tashiro & Takahiro

Rules

- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kingdom has some of the best war scenes and use of strategies in a manga that I have read. Combine that with some of the best consistency past a certain point (Chapter 100 or so) I have seen, makes this an easy vote for me.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kingdom all the way. Akame ga kill was certainly good (far better than the later half of the anime especially), but Kingdom is God tier. Easily an underrated series that I recommend people read if they're interested in hype moments, fair amount of comedy, amazing character development, amazing art, amazing dialogue, God tier fights, and mind blowing intelligence.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kingdom. AGK is the worst series I have ever read.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Now some here might not be knowing what Kingdom is so I'll briefly explain : It's a manga set in the ancient Warring States Era period of Ancient China during which seven states waged innumerous wars against each other for 500 continuous years in hopes of gaining land, riches or prosperity in general. Now, our protagonist, Shin (or if we go by his historical Chinese name, Li Xin) was a slave boy who dreamed of being the greatest general under the heavens alongside his childhood friend. However after his friend's death at the hands of an assassin, Shin encounters the King of Qin, Ei Sei (one of the seven states), whose aim is to unify China into one single empire after half a millennium of strife and carnage. And that's what they aim to do, alongside several other notable and loveable characters like Mouten, Kyoukai, Karyo Ten etc.

Now hold. I'm pretty sure that Kingdom, from my summary is giving you a rather cliche vibe and unoriginal idea. However, Kingdom is easily one of the best series out there imo. True, the first 100 chapters are so-so and have a very shonen-esque feeling to them but once the Bayou arc starts, that's where it hits gold and hardly is the consistency let down. The conquest of China is hardly anything like just a stroll in the park like it usually is with the goals of several other MCs, the author makes it quite clear the path needs to be paved with iron and blood. From Bayou onwards, there occur many deeper themes like betrayal, questions of faith and trust, the horrors of war such as murder, pillage and rape, the good and evil ambitions of men, camaraderie and friendship which gives it a really good dual vibe, heartfelt romance between certain characters that aren't cringey like 90% of the time. It's also morally grey so if that's your style, then Kingdom will fit the bill right in.

The characters, on top of several being total badass motherfuckers, are really complex and well-written. Shin's growth, for example, throughout the series is organically reproduced and there are some heavily developed characters like Ouki, Kyoukai etc and others with a great deal of moral depth like Riboku or Kanki, on top of having great dialogues,Zero characterization and tons of hype moments that'll get your adrenaline rushing to boot. Each of them feel extremely natural ( at least after the first 100 or so chapters) and it is an extremely diverse cast, ranging from many types of characters.

Now the setting is also very unique. There aren't many manga out there that depicts what Ancient China was truly like. It's accurate right from the architecture of the buildings and the palaces right down to the scenery. The author had even visited China's ruins to portray this feeling of ancient wonder from the art itself.

Now comes the battles, wars and strategies in Kingdom. I think many would agree this is one of the strongest aspects of the manga. The wars are always unique, impactful and in large scale that most other manga fail to show. Just because one army's soldiers or veterans or generals are stronger than the other's doesn't mean it's an automatic win. No, there are several intriguing and mind-blowing strategema and tactics used several times throughout the series. Examples of such would be grinding down an enemy charging unit from it's right and left flanks or using psychological attacks to instill fear within the soldier or using the surroundings for an advantage and so on. Even the solo fights implement these and they're always well-choreographed, as you can feel each and every blow and movement plus several unique style of fighting are used. The fights also tend to be very emotionally heavy so be prepared for a roller coaster of feels as well. Not to mention, the wars aren't done just for the sake of showing wars and neither is the gore and darker aspects shown just to act edgy but rather each war has a meaningful impact and reason within the overarching plot.

Also keep in mind that Kingdom has been keeping this level of consistency for over 430 chapters and it's confirmed to go above a 1000 so you can expect even more legendary content.

If you're still not convinced, here's some great art that can make you bend your knee :P :

Beware of spoilers!

I haven't read Akame ga Kill manga so I can't say anything about it but hope you consider voting for Kingdom. :3

P.S : If you do consider getting into it, don't watch the anime. It's garbo. :p

YumaKuga

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Akame Ga Kill
Because shit really happens to good characters and ones you just meet and they die
And its awesome and makes you cry and stuff
And you feel sad and depressed because you just met these awesome big boobed girls and you want to love them forever
Then they fucking die again
Fuck it all
I can't handle the stress a second time
Fucking win Kingdom!

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Easily picking Kingdom. It brings the theme war to unificate the ancient states of China, the characters have depth and the war itself is threated with seriousness and each bad aspect it brings (as well as the conquer that comes after it). There are sacrifices, blood, fight, political affairs and everything that comes with a big dream of unification. Plus, definitely one of the best when it comes to war strategies and political matters, you won't waste time reading this, it's a great manga. Also, it's one of the only manga in which you're able to watch the whole process of the main character literally growing from a little boy to a great soldier.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Sorry Akame Ga Kill your run ends here.

Kingdom is a masterpiece ,a perfect political and Military Manga.

It is sure to win thousand times.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Easily picking Kingdom. It brings the theme war to unificate the ancient states of China, the characters have depth and the war itself is threated with seriousness and each bad aspect it brings (as well as the conquer that comes after it). There are sacrifices, blood, fight, political affairs and everything that comes with a big dream of unification. Plus, definitely one of the best when it comes to war strategies and political matters, you won't waste time reading this, it's a great manga. Also, it's one of the only manga in which you're able to watch the whole process of the main character literally growing from a little boy to a great soldier.
Sorry Akame Ga Kill your run ends here.

Kingdom is a masterpiece ,a perfect political and Military Manga.

It is sure to win thousand times.
:bobriki

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Akame Ga Kill
Because shit really happens to good characters and ones you just meet and they die
And its awesome and makes you cry and stuff
And you feel sad and depressed because you just met these awesome big boobed girls and you want to love them forever
Then they fucking die again
Fuck it all
I can't handle the stress a second time
Fucking win Kingdom!
My thoughts exactly. :kappa
Gonna vote for Kingdom! :verily

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I reached Chapter 46.Hopefully by February I will catch up with the latest chapter.

BTW will it have 1000+ Chapters?

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
I reached Chapter 46.Hopefully by February I will catch up with the latest chapter.

BTW will it have 1000+ Chapters?
Ah ok, you're still in the bad parts though :XD. Bayou arc (from 108 onwards) is where Kingdom starts showing its legendary content.

And yes, the author confirmed it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Does this imply you had doubts about my tastes Kouhai-kun? :kappa
Of course not, senpai. :kappa

Ice

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Akame!!! Mine is <3

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Voting Kingdom because @Atom paid me Akame ga Kill was good but not excpetionnal :pjsalt

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Voted Kingdom here. AgK got it wrong when it thought more deaths = good writing.

On another note, I didn't know this many people read Kingdom (from reading the posts). Good to see that the manga is getting out there

Erza-K

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Akame all the way! FYI, the manga does not have as many deaths as the anime! Cmon who doesn't wanna see a little dragon love :tem

Status
Not open for further replies.