Seinen - Kiseijuu (Parasyte) by Iwaaki Hitoshi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Kiseijuu (Parasyte) by Iwaaki Hitoshi

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well..I just stumbled over it and while I'm not a fan of the horror genre this one really hooked me:
Kiseijuu (or Parasyte).

Summary and more info here.
wikipedia said:
Parasyte centers around a teenage boy named Shin'ichi Izumi (泉新一 Izumi Shin'ichi), or Shin in the English version. He lives with his mother and father in a rather quiet neighborhood when, one night, an alien invasion occurs. The aliens are called Parasytes. They are worm-like creatures that enter human "hosts" throught their ears or noses, and take over their brain. A Parasyte attempts to crawl into Shin's ear and take over his brain while he sleeps, but is stopped by his headphones and accidentally burrows into one of his hands, instead. In the Japanese version, it takes over his right hand and it is named Migii (ミギー). In the English version, it takes over his left hand (because the images in the book are flipped to allow for left-to-right reading) and is named "Lefty."

Because the Parasyte infected his hand instead of his brain, Shin and Migii each retain their own, separate intellect. This gives them an edge in battling the other Parasytes, who see Shin's ability to think independently as a threat.
Warning: it contains some serious violence. I must say that I was quite shocked by the awful way humans were slaughtered.

What I really like about this is how the character of Shinji develops. Because a parasyte is living inside him he doubts himself if he becomes unhuman, too. There are some moral and ethical issues about the right to live for parasytes and how much a human live values.
The way his mother died and became a parasyte was really shocking. I liked how the mangaka showed Shinji hurted and how he struggles.

Be sure to give it a try!

Now, here is the chance to discuss this series! Give us your 2 cents about it! ;)

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Re: Kiseijuu/Parasyte Discussion

Do you know where I can download this?

Miso

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

As usual you can get it with irc: #lurk@irchighway.net

At www.stoptazmo.com per direct download, as well.

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

Thanx Miso :D

Phonox

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

Looks interesting.
This might be of some interest to some
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470888/

Edit:
This was a really great manga, but it seems like the last chapter is missing or hasn't been released yet?
Just wondering if someone here maybe know where one could get the chapter or when it will be released..
I don't mean to be rude if it appears so, I just have very little knowledge with using proper words in english.. or something.

I must say that Kabuto seemed more brutal than the Parasites.
As he was just "toying around" as he says while the Parasites on the other hand mostly was killing for survival.
Btw is it only me, or does this manga seem to be inspired by Alpha Centauri(PC Game) or the otherway around.

EvilSniffles

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

the manga is damn good, just after not reading it for a while I forgot about it. also the burtality of it is stark and rigid, similiar to how people do things in real life, in very dire situations

Snake1786

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria

The best manga on earth thanks for the recommendation but where do I get the 58th chapter?????

Phonox

Reaction score

Seems like no one has scanlated it more than that.. can't seem to find any place which ships outside the us either.. :(

tanminh

Reaction score
Country
United States

Phonox said:
Looks interesting.
This might be of some interest to some
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470888/
ooooooooooooooooo it always nice to see that a jp novel/manga is being recognize by US industry, i love the manga but was never able to read the end since no one translated it, hope the movie is as good as the manga. cant wait

but from imdb.com, they added 3 more writer along with hitoshi iwaaki the creator of the novel....that doesnt seem like a good sign, hope the addon script doesnt screw up the movie.

SchmoDawg

Reaction score

I absolutely love this manga its so awesome, and even though its ultra violent its not truly disturbing for the reader.

Phonox

Reaction score

If somebody hasn't noticed yet and is interested:
Manga-Otakus has scanlated chapter 58 of Kiseijuu, which ends the ninth volume.

IRC: #manga-otakus@irc.irchighway.net
Direct Download: http://www.stoptazmo.com/kiseijuu/

e-s-g

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Ahh, Excuse the ressurection of this quite dead topic, but I just have to say I got into this manga a few years back and it is excellent! I've only read up to volume 2 and I want to really thank you Phonox and Miso for giving links for dls. :D

Snake1786

Reaction score
Country
Austria

e-s-g said:
Ahh, Excuse the ressurection of this quite dead topic, but I just have to say I got into this manga a few years back and it is excellent! I've only read up to volume 2 and I want to really thank you Phonox and Miso for giving links for dls. :D
Thx man.

Phonox

Reaction score

A bit of a dead topic, but posting here should be better than starting a new one, I think.
Anyway, just a heads up incase someone has missed it, Manga Otaku has now scanslated Chapter 60 in Volume 10.

Same sources as before.

Also I've uploaded it to two alternate locations, as the speed from StopTazmo was really slow (It took 2 hours), I hope this isn't against the rules somehow.
If it is, against the rules, I'll remove right away.

Alternate Direct Download:

Magical Poof

Reaction score
Country
United States

-ressurects thread-

I just finished reading all the scanlated chapters of Kiseijuu... And I'm sorely disapointed to find that there aren't going to be any more! Not only that, the English version is out of print... But Del Ray picked it up, which is great, considering they're pretty good, but they're starting from the beginning... So they're still at volume one.

Anyway, my point is that if anyone has and raw links for chapter 60+ I'd really love to seem them! The suspsense is killing me! This is a fabulous manga and I really hope another group picks it up! (apparently it only goes until 64 anyway...)

Last edited:

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States

dude i love this manga, i read it about a year ago and it is one of my favorites.....i highly recommend this manga to any and all seinen fans!!!

.exe

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

-ressurects thread-

I just finished reading all the scanlated chapters of Kiseijuu... And I'm sorely disapointed to find that there aren't going to be any more! Not only that, the English version is out of print... But Del Ray picked it up, which is great, considering they're pretty good, but they're starting from the beginning... So they're still at volume one.

Anyway, my point is that if anyone has and raw links for chapter 60+ I'd really love to seem them! The suspsense is killing me! This is a fabulous manga and I really hope another group picks it up! (apparently it only goes until 64 anyway...)
That's great news, thanks for the information!
Though it seems to be a long wait, given that volume 3 is supposed to come out april '08.
On the other hand it also seems like the volumes will have more chapters? Because every volume is 50 pages longer than the ones I've got (scans).

Or maybe the information is just wrong, i got it from Book Samillion.

Also, here's the raw of volume 10, if you want it, I found it on StopTazmos DC hub some time ago.
Sendspace
Megaupload
Uploading.com

Indeft

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Excuse me...but am I delusional in thinking that there's a North American Parasyte movie in the works possibly for 2008?! With Shinichi being renamed as Mike and Miggi as the old english "Lefty"? If this is out and about, then where can I get some info on it?

dedal_x

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine

Hm... Why so many great mangas are left out of Manga Editor's view? It's a shame. T__T

Kisiejuu is an awesome manga, and I'm really sad that it's not picked up by someone...

shego

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

It's back‼

This guy morten and I worked this and the remaining 3 chapters over at StopTazmo!