Fantasy - Larcade VS Gildarts | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Larcade VS Gildarts

Larcade VS Gildarts

• Total voters

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gildarts said he always wanted to see which one of them was stronger when at full power. Implying that for one GIldarts doesnt know how powerful a full power God Serena is and also that its something he's been wondering for a long time, likely since Tenrou.
So while maybe pre Tenrou Gildarts might have lost to Serena back when he was the number 1 GoI, but current Gildarts almost certainly wouldnt have.
Gildarts is faster than August or at least on par. He blitzes Larcade with ease. Even Sting was able to easily land 2 attacks right off the bat, GIldarts>>>Base Sting.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He said he was unsure who would win meaning that the GAP between wasn't large, USE COMMON SENSE. Don't say that was over the top because if Lyon was an Historia Gildarts wouldn't say the same thing he said to Serena, Gildarts knew based on how strong Serena was as an Historia that he was a monster when he was alive.

The theory hasn't BEEN DISPROVEN, IT WAS A STATMENT COMING OUT OF GILDARTS' OWN MOUTH. He caught August off guard once, Gildarts isn't faster than August and he isn't doing fairly well, August just countered his magic and sent him flying into a wall.

Because Gildarts' attack at long range isn't going to be fast enough to tag Lacrade. Keeping him busy by jumped is irrelevant because all Lacrade needs to do is gather light in his hands.

And you know this how? Lacrade was decently damaged before Rough Silk what you're saying is baseless.

Common sense says Gildartz was being modest instead of cocky. Gildartz said he couldn't feel a shred of magical power coming from Historia Serena. And he had never even encountered Serena beforehand, so there's no way for him to judge how strong God Serena really is... hence why he didn't have an opinion on who would win if they really were to battle.

" Not knowing who would win " is entirely different from " his opponent would give him a tough time ".

Gildartz's attack at long range isn't fast enough, but if you factor in his movement speed, then it's already faster than August. Who is obviously faster than Larcade.

Larcade has barely shown any feats of having even average movement speed, let alone being fast enough to dodge Gildartz..

He won't be gathering any light if he's knocked out.

As for Larcade's damage prior to Rough Silk, it doesn't matter.

Whatever Gildartz dishes out at full power will cause a lot more damage than Rough Silk + previous injuries combined.

Am Shegar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
In this fight Larcade must win due to hax pleasure magic. Gildarts could blits him by the way if Larcade will be cocky. Gildarts is incredably fast because he is not finished by August yet and August know Racers magic.

Sinister Spirit

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have to say Larcade due to HAX, but I was very disappointed in his FEATS. I swear if he wasn't described as "Zeref's secret weapon", I'd GLADLY vote for Gildarts!

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I have to say Larcade due to HAX, but I was very disappointed in his FEATS. I swear if he wasn't described as "Zeref's secret weapon", I'd GLADLY vote for Gildarts!
The mere overflow of his hax floored Gildarts and Laxus. Gildarts would be helpless if Larcade actually targets his magic onto him.

Larcade was defeated by someone who hard countered him.
- Sting can eat Larcade's elemental magic (i.e all his offensive magic apart from hax) and get powerup out of it.
- Sting was immune to pleasure, since it was some variation of light magic
- Sting, being a DS, was able to counter hunger by eating elements
- Sting, due to shadow mode, was able to counter Larcade's strongest hax - sleep

Well, what do you expect Larcade to do now lmao. He literally can't do jackshit to Sting, except use his physical attacks.

Larcade was taken down by one of the most potent spells in the series - rough silk. Rough Silk took down LFD Natsu ampd by POF, and demon Jiemma who hyped to be superior to all demon gates.

Larcade's LORE was a massive disappointment. But as a mage? He proved worthy of his hype as a top 3 Spriggan

Sinister Spirit

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The mere overflow of his hax floored Gildarts and Laxus. Gildarts would be helpless if Larcade actually targets his magic onto him.

Larcade was defeated by someone who hard countered him.
- Sting can eat Larcade's elemental magic (i.e all his offensive magic apart from hax) and get powerup out of it.
- Sting was immune to pleasure, since it was some variation of light magic
- Sting, being a DS, was able to counter hunger by eating elements
- Sting, due to shadow mode, was able to counter Larcade's strongest hax - sleep

Well, what do you expect Larcade to do now lmao. He literally can't do jackshit to Sting, except use his physical attacks.

Larcade was taken down by one of the most potent spells in the series - rough silk. Rough Silk took down LFD Natsu ampd by POF, and demon Jiemma who hyped to be superior to all demon gates.

Larcade's LORE was a massive disappointment. But as a mage? He proved his hype of being the top 3 Spriggan.
Okay, let me reformulate: I was disappointed in Larcade's POWERS, but I admit he had enough MP to do something impressive with them.

I mean sure, he had enough MP to affect a huge AoE and affect Laxus and Gildarts from a long distance, but the magic itself is (mostly) about amplifying someone's needs. If we compare that to Seilah's Macro, Seilah did more than INCITING people by playing with their needs, she CONTROLLED them regardless of their will, and she could make them do more than just sex, eat or sleep, she could command them to do anything she wanted. Therefore her POWER was far superior, Larcade is only stronger than her because he has 50 times more MP, which makes me wonder why Zeref trained HIM to be his "secret weapon" and not another Etherious (I mean imagine if Seilah had that training instead, giving her nearly as much MP as Larcade).

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
For me, it can go either ways. This fight is the exact portraye of a physical wizard fighting a hax wizard. We have seen Gildarts paralysed on the floor by Larcade's hax, but it took Gildarts by surprise, as he didn't know where it came from. In fighting mood, Gildarts is a veterant and I can see him counter Larcade's spell just like Kagura did : by wounding himself. Physically, Larcade is strong and durable, but I give the point to Gildarts in nearly all stats. His raw power is huge, as he is a ace striker like Laxus and Natsu. Seen in his match vs August, Gildarts is also a speedster in some way. He can blitz Larcade with it, like Kagura did, and deal a All Crush which is, I think, strong enough to Ko Larcade.

For me, it depends on who gets the first move. But I can see Gildarts resisting more Larcade's hax (striking himself to stay awake, hurt himself to counter pleasure's spell) than Larcade resisting Gildart's physical strike and Crush. Without PoF enhancing some characters to huge level, Gildarts was Fairy Tail's ace striker. I can see current Laxus rising his Alvaress level on it.

I think it's a hard battle in both side, and the fight should end up very quickly : emotional resistance vs physical resistance.
I give it to Gildarts, for better durability countering hax and Larcade's physicals assaults than Larcade countering Crush and Gildart's tremendeous might.

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
This shouldn't be up to debate. We already saw what Larcade's magic could do to Gildarts

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
This shouldn't be up to debate. We already saw what Larcade's magic could do to Gildarts
Agree. This is why I say it depends on the first move. Gildarts can obliterate him and Larcade can put him down by hax like he did in the Manga.
In the Arc, Gildarts was taken by surprise with no prep to resist or couldn't blitz the ennemy before he used some spell. Unfair victory in somehow.

in a face 1vs1, the fight should be resume in the first move. I think Gildarts can resist but not for long, same as Larcade can resist Gildarts' strength but not for long as well.

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
Larcade already defeated him without even trying to fight him lol.

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
Agree. This is why I say it depends on the first move. Gildarts can obliterate him and Larcade can put him down by hax like he did in the Manga.
In the Arc, Gildarts was taken by surprise with no prep to resist or couldn't blitz the ennemy before he used some spell. Unfair victory in somehow.

in a face 1vs1, the fight should be resume in the first move. I think Gildarts can resist but not for long, same as Larcade can resist Gildarts' strength but not for long as well.
That's the thing we have no feats to say that Gildarts can resist it even if he knew it was coming. Pure speculation, it's best we go off concrete stuff that we've seen.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
That's the thing we have no feats to say that Gildarts can resist it even if he knew it was coming. Pure speculation, it's best we go off concrete stuff that we've seen.
Agree with you. We all know he can put Gildarts down. It's fact.

In the opposite, do you think Larcade can tank "All Crush" while he couldn't tank Sting and Rog's Silk ?

As I said "resist", I also said "not for long". For me, the first move can decide this battle issue. It's pure physical ace's striker vs pure hax ace's striker.
For me, they are potentially as strong, but in different way.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States

In the opposite, do you think Larcade can tank "All Crush" while he couldn't tank Sting and Rog's Silk ?

As I said "resist", I also said "not for long". For me, the first move can decide this battle issue. It's pure physical ace's striker vs pure hax ace's striker.
I noticed it in the anime and then looked it up in the manga but it’s possible the shadow magic is very affective against Larcade

But I’m not 100% sure

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States

No, I don't think either can resist their own hax. Just larcade has the advantage of range

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
No, I don't think either can resist their own hax. Just larcade has the advantage of range
Yes, again, I agree with you. At range, Gildarts has no chance for the win. Larcade 100%, like in the Manga.

But in a close battle, like if you replace Kagura by Gildarts in the anim or the Manga, I think Gildarts can blitz Larcade like she did to put his Crush. But only in close range battle. If Gildarts can't blitz, Larcade is surely the winner.

So, for me, the result depends of the battle's circumstances and should finish very quickly in both side.

When I said"they can both resist but not for long", I think Larcade can potentially resist a classic "Crush" attack as he has a great durability but no more and not a "All Crush" which seems to be a higher version. In the opposite, as a veterant, I can see Gildarts striking himself to stay awake like Natsu and Sting did, and manage to hurt his tongue to resist a moment to the pleasure spell like Kagura did.

But I agree these are assumptions.

So, in conclusion, yes, at high range battle, Larcade surely win. Close range, depends of the Gildarts speed, if he can strike faster than Larcade.

I noticed it in the anime and then looked it up in the manga but it’s possible the shadow magic is very affective against Larcade

https://mangapark.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628903/3
But I’m not 100% sure
I think you are right, Ratrace, Shadows gave effectivity on Larcade but I still think Gildarts can manage to strike as strong as the combine Twins Ougi attack with his "All Crush". Gildarts is the FT's ace striker. His raw power is tremendeous.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
As long as there is a range between them starting, it'll always be Larcade. Gildarts is too horny to resist.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
A bit confused on where you stand. Did your opinion change?

2017:

Gildarts high diff
He can resist at pleasure like did Frosh and only if he know it's a dangerous enemy
2021:

Larcade already defeated him without even trying to fight him lol.

I mean, it's alright if you did - I'm just curious, that's all.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Depends on where they are. If not too far apart, Gild could blitz and oneshot with crush.