Fantasy - Larcade VS Gildarts | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Larcade VS Gildarts

Larcade VS Gildarts

• Total voters

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
If you read the recent chapter, I don't think what @Nemispelled said is far-fetched. In fact, it's perfectly reasonable. This over-hyping of Larcade is pretty outrageous if you ask me. Gildarts has fewer feats than Larcade, all of which are better than Larcade's.
I saw the chapter and nothing changes.

He got behind August who most likely isn't going all out or fighting seriously yet. This chapter doesn't change the fact that Gildarts implied beating someone like Serena would be tough and Serena is below Rahkeid, meaning even if Gildarts would beat Serena it wouldn't be via blitz and the same applies to Rahkied.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I saw the chapter and nothing changes.

He got behind August who most likely isn't going all out or fighting seriously yet. This chapter doesn't change the fact that Gildarts implied beating someone like Serena would be tough and Serena is below Rahkeid, meaning even if Gildarts would beat Serena it wouldn't be via blitz and the same applies to Rahkied.
Larcade couldnt even keep up with Base Sting's Holy Ray and Holy Nova, Gildarts blitzes him hard
He blitzed August and shattered him to pieces. Unless Larcade knows how to reform himself like August does he dies before he can even cast pleasure.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Larcade couldnt even keep up with Base Sting's Holy Ray and Holy Nova, Gildarts blitzes him hard
He blitzed August and shattered him to pieces. Unless Larcade knows how to reform himself like August does he dies before he can even cast pleasure.
He was taken by surprise due to Sting eating his magic. Rahkeid easily reacted to Sting twice RIGHT at the start of their fight:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/510/18
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/510/19

I already addressed the spoiler part of your comment in my last post.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
@Axiomus you didn't comment.What's your take on this battle?Who do you think will win?Or is it a Tie?

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I want to see more from Gildarts vs August before I make my judgement.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not even comparable. Zeref and Irene were simply irritated while Gilldarts was fully out of it, like I shouldn't even have to tell YOU ( I say ou because I think you're one of few members who have common sense) this.
Well, Gildarts laying on the ground was more of a gag than anything. The effect was real but the exaggeration was a little overboard. Just look at his facial expression after Cana punched him. Also, keep in mind that Gildarts wasn't facing Larcade at the time he was affected by Pleasure Magic. If he did, the situation would be a lot similar to what @Seven777 said.

It seems like we won't agree so I'll just leave it as that. I see your point though. I might even change my difficulty to Medium-High Difficulty but that's as far as I would go for this battle.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Well, Gildarts laying on the ground was more of a gag than anything. The effect was real but the exaggeration was a little overboard. Just look at his facial expression after Cana punched him. Also, keep in mind that Gildarts wasn't facing Larcade at the time he was affected by Pleasure Magic. If he did, the situation would be a lot similar to what @Seven777 said.

It seems like we won't agree so I'll just leave it as that. I see your point though. I might even change my difficulty to Medium-High Difficulty but that's as far as I would go for this battle.
You can't assume Gildarts is taking the magic any better, let alone taking it like Zeref or even Irene. I already addressed 7's point.

There is literally no way Gildarts is fighting in that condition let alone someone like Rahkeid, but whatever.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Crimson Ice

Actually, the recent chapter just proves my point exactly regarding this match up.

As I said, it was expected that Gildartz would not be defeated by August in the match. Not only that, but Gildartz's speed far outclasses Larcade's. August is arguably the fastest Spriggan, proved by the recent chapter.

Gildartz was actually able to keep up with his speed when he was able to shatter August to blocks.

At the very least, Gildartz has the power and speed required to take down Larcade. I stand by my decision on this battle.

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
Gildarts high diff
He can resist at pleasure like did Frosh and only if he know it's a dangerous enemy

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
@Crimson Ice

Actually, the recent chapter just proves my point exactly regarding this match up.

As I said, it was expected that Gildartz would not be defeated by August in the match. Not only that, but Gildartz's speed far outclasses Larcade's. August is arguably the fastest Spriggan, proved by the recent chapter.

Gildartz was actually able to keep up with his speed when he was able to shatter August to blocks.

At the very least, Gildartz has the power and speed required to take down Larcade. I stand by my decision on this battle.
It proves nothing.

Gildarts' speed doesn't far outclass Rahkeid's reactions or speed. Gildarts still implied he's close in strength to someone weaker than Rahkeid and all he did was catch August, who most likely isn't SERIOUS yet off guard.

Shattering August literally meant nothing to him.

Is Gildarts faster than Rahkeid? Maybe. Is Gildarts fast enough to blitz Rahkeid? Hell no.

All that power is useless when he can't even stand up after Rahkeid uses his orgasm magic.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
It proves nothing.

Gildarts' speed doesn't far outclass Rahkeid's reactions or speed. Gildarts still implied he's close in strength to someone weaker than Rahkeid and all he did was catch August, who most likely isn't SERIOUS yet off guard.

Shattering August literally meant nothing to him.

Is Gildarts faster than Rahkeid? Maybe. Is Gildarts fast enough to blitz Rahkeid? Hell no.

All that power is useless when he can't even stand up after Rahkeid uses his orgasm magic.

How does Gildartz's speed not far outclass Larcade when he moved faster than August? Even if August is not serious, his speed is already above what Larcade has shown. And if Gildartz could shatter a moving August to blocks, that means his speed is relatively similar to August, which means he automatically outclasses Larcade.

Larcade's orgasm magic has a casting time. Gildartz's punch doesn't. There is a difference there.

And it doesn't matter how strong Gildartz is. Larcade was oneshotted by Sting's WSDM.

Gildartz at full power is a lot stronger than Sting in his WSDM form. So that's already enough strength to knock Larcade out cold.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
How does Gildartz's speed not far outclass Larcade when he moved faster than August? Even if August is not serious, his speed is already above what Larcade has shown. And if Gildartz could shatter a moving August to blocks, that means his speed is relatively similar to August, which means he automatically outclasses Larcade.

Larcade's orgasm magic has a casting time. Gildartz's punch doesn't. There is a difference there.

And it doesn't matter how strong Gildartz is. Larcade was oneshotted by Sting's WSDM.

Gildartz at full power is a lot stronger than Sting in his WSDM form. So that's already enough strength to knock Larcade out cold.
LOL he moves faster than August at one point in the fight, it doesn't mean he's blitzing August or is going to badly outpace him for the rest of the fight like I said August most likely isn't fully serious. How is a non-serious August have better speed/reaction feats than Rahkeid? August HAS BARELY DONE ANYTHING. It's okay to think August is stronger than Rahkeid but August is not casually one shotting and blitzing Rahkeid. Being stronger than =/= blitzing and one shotting. Gildarts' full speed is most likely not going to be similar to August's full speed, Gildarts HIM ADMITTED that himself and Serena would have a good fight so what makes you think he's comparable to someone stronger than Serena?

You make it seem like it has a long charge time? It's him literally gathering some light in hands and release said light:
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/508/10

Gidarts' punch doesn't have a charge time but it requires Gildarts to be next to Rahkeid for it to connect, Gildarts is not blitzing Rahkeid.

One shotted? If you have nothing to say don't make up bullshit:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/511/6
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/511/7
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/512/4
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/512/5
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/512/6
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/512/12

He took all of these moves before but yeah, let's ignore all of that and act like the last attack was the only attack he was hit with.

Gildarts should have enough firepower to take down Rahkeid but he's going to be taken out before he can use it.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Gildarts wins this Maybe High-difficulty. lets be real here Gildarts is a lot stronger than God Serena....

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
LOL he moves faster than August at one point in the fight, it doesn't mean he's blitzing August or is going to badly outpace him for the rest of the fight like I said August most likely isn't fully serious. How is a non-serious August have better speed/reaction feats than Rahkeid? August HAS BARELY DONE ANYTHING. It's okay to think August is stronger than Rahkeid but August is not casually one shotting and blitzing Rahkeid. Being stronger than =/= blitzing and one shotting. Gildarts' full speed is most likely not going to be similar to August's full speed, Gildarts HIM ADMITTED that himself and Serena would have a good fight so what makes you think he's comparable to someone stronger than Serena?

You make it seem like it has a long charge time? It's him literally gathering some light in hands and release said light:
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/508/10

Gidarts' punch doesn't have a charge time but it requires Gildarts to be next to Rahkeid for it to connect, Gildarts is not blitzing Rahkeid.

One shotted? If you have nothing to say don't make up bullshit:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/511/6
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/512/4
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/512/5
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/512/6
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/512/12

He took all of these moves before but yeah, let's ignore all of that and act like the last attack was the only attack he was hit with.

Gildarts should have enough firepower to take down Rahkeid but he's going to be taken out before he can use it.

In Gildartz's fight with August, he hasn't even gone all out either. We've seen Larcade at his best. We can't say the same for Gildartz. As far as we know, Gildartz is just getting stronger.

That means Full-Powered Gildartz > Larcade.

So yeah, Gildartz will easily dispose of Larcade in a 1v1.

And gathering light is not faster than a blitz.. so it's pointless to argue for his orgasm magic here.

And Gildartz could still crash Larcade into blocks from a distance. He doesn't need to be that close to Larcade...

Any damage that Larcade took prior to WSDM was negligible. Larcade didn't even flinch. As far as I'm concerned, Sting's WSDM did 80-90% of the total damage. And Gildartz is far more powerful than WSDM, that means he will easily destroy Larcade.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
In Gildartz's fight with August, he hasn't even gone all out either. We've seen Larcade at his best. We can't say the same for Gildartz. As far as we know, Gildartz is just getting stronger.

That means Full-Powered Gildartz > Larcade.

So yeah, Gildartz will easily dispose of Larcade in a 1v1.

And gathering light is not faster than a blitz.. so it's pointless to argue for his orgasm magic here.

And Gildartz could still crash Larcade into blocks from a distance. He doesn't need to be that close to Larcade...

Any damage that Larcade took prior to WSDM was negligible. Larcade didn't even flinch. As far as I'm concerned, Sting's WSDM did 80-90% of the total damage. And Gildartz is far more powerful than WSDM, that means he will easily destroy Larcade.
Gildarts isn't going to GET STRONGER mid-fight, we've seen Gi;darts HIMSELF say that someone like Serena would be able to give him a good fight.

That's literally a baseless assumption.

Gildarts can't blitz Lacarde that's my point, nothing points to Gildarts being able to do that.

Crashing from a distance is useless if he sees it coming, Crash is not a ranged moved.

Didn't flinch? Did you even see the pages I linked? I'll link them again:

Lacarde shouts out in pain but yet he didn't flinch? Even them Lacarde still didn't get one shotted by WSDM Sting which means you're still wrong.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gildarts isn't going to GET STRONGER mid-fight, we've seen Gi;darts HIMSELF say that someone like Serena would be able to give him a good fight.

That's literally a baseless assumption.

Gildarts can't blitz Lacarde that's my point, nothing points to Gildarts being able to do that.

Crashing from a distance is useless if he sees it coming, Crash is not a ranged moved.

Didn't flinch? Did you even see the pages I linked? I'll link them again:

Lacarde shouts out in pain but yet he didn't flinch? Even them Lacarde still didn't get one shotted by WSDM Sting which means you're still wrong.

Who said WSDM Sting is on par with Gildartz?

And Gildartz is clearly far stronger than Serena if he is able to stand against August. That assumption has long since been disproven.

Crashing from a distance is a ranged attack. He can turn people into blocks without having to touch them.

I consider that panel more of a shock instead of taking actual damage. After that punch, he shrugged it off like it was nothing. That means other than some surprise, it didn't really affect his overall condition. He was still fine and injured.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gild whoops Momma's boy butt. He Crashes him to oblivion.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Who said WSDM Sting is on par with Gildartz?

And Gildartz is clearly far stronger than Serena if he is able to stand against August. That assumption has long since been disproven.

Crashing from a distance is a ranged attack. He can turn people into blocks without having to touch them.

I consider that panel more of a shock instead of taking actual damage. After that punch, he shrugged it off like it was nothing. That means other than some surprise, it didn't really affect his overall condition. He was still fine and injured.
Did I say he was?

No, he isn't, Gildarts isn't doing well against August...At this point, you're literally denying what he said in the manga. And you call that an assumption? IT WAS LITERALLY SAID BY GILDARTS HIMSELF THAT IS NO ASSUMPTION.

Exactly, if it's from ranged it's not fucking up Rahkeid.

That's not shock, you don't shout out in pain from that, yes he took the attack well but that still doesn't mean it had no effect.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did I say he was?

No, he isn't, Gildarts isn't doing well against August...At this point, you're literally denying what he said in the manga. And you call that an assumption? IT WAS LITERALLY SAID BY GILDARTS HIMSELF THAT IS NO ASSUMPTION.

Exactly, if it's from ranged it's not fucking up Rahkeid.

That's not shock, you don't shout out in pain from that, yes he took the attack well but that still doesn't mean it had no effect.

Gildartz never said anything about God Serena being on par with him. He said he was unsure of who would win, which is the obvious answer because they've never fought before. Why would Gildartz say he could beat God Serena if they've never fought? That's just being cocky and over the top.

The theory of "Gildartz being on par with God Serena" has long since been disproven. With recent feats, it's clear that Gildartz is a far better mage. He was able to outspeed August and is doing fairly well up to this point.

Feat-wise, God Serena has not shown anything comparable to that caliber.

And why would ranged attacks not work on Larcade? It's going to shatter him to blocks. And at the very least, it will keep him constantly busy jumping out of the way.

It had negligible effect. The damage was insufficient to Larcade. But WSD Rough Silk put him down on the first try.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Gildartz never said anything about God Serena being on par with him. He said he was unsure of who would win, which is the obvious answer because they've never fought before. Why would Gildartz say he could beat God Serena if they've never fought? That's just being cocky and over the top.

The theory of "Gildartz being on par with God Serena" has long since been disproven. With recent feats, it's clear that Gildartz is a far better mage. He was able to outspeed August and is doing fairly well up to this point.

Feat-wise, God Serena has not shown anything comparable to that caliber.

And why would ranged attacks not work on Larcade? It's going to shatter him to blocks. And at the very least, it will keep him constantly busy jumping out of the way.

It had negligible effect. The damage was insufficient to Larcade. But WSD Rough Silk put him down on the first try.
He said he was unsure who would win meaning that the GAP between wasn't large, USE COMMON SENSE. Don't say that was over the top because if Lyon was an Historia Gildarts wouldn't say the same thing he said to Serena, Gildarts knew based on how strong Serena was as an Historia that he was a monster when he was alive.

The theory hasn't BEEN DISPROVEN, IT WAS A STATMENT COMING OUT OF GILDARTS' OWN MOUTH. He caught August off guard once, Gildarts isn't faster than August and he isn't doing fairly well, August just countered his magic and sent him flying into a wall.

Because Gildarts' attack at long range isn't going to be fast enough to tag Lacrade. Keeping him busy by jumped is irrelevant because all Lacrade needs to do is gather light in his hands.

And you know this how? Lacrade was decently damaged before Rough Silk what you're saying is baseless.