Shoujo - Last Game by Amano Shinobu | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Last Game by Amano Shinobu

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Title: Last Game
Author/Artist: Amano Shinobu
Year: 2011
Publisher: Hakusensha
Serialized in: LaLa
Edited Manga: On-going @ asdf scans and roankun
Genre: Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Summary:
He's rich, he's smart, girls gather around him all the time, and he has always gotten first place on his exams... well, until Kujou transferred in his primary school class. She was quiet, plain, and poor, yet not once has she failed at beating Yanagi, both in academics and sports! Yanagi has made it his life goal to defeat this girl Kujou, and ten years later, as they enter high school, he just might finally win! This is the story of their last game.

Personal Thoughts:
This manga is one of the best I've read for a while. It's just sooo hilarious, though I feel bad about laughing at Yanagi's suffering. His situation kinda reminds me of Kei Takishima's from Special A though there are some differences, of course. I think I actually pity him more than I pity Kei. However, I really love Yanagi as a character. He is rich, intelligent and nice; the type of guy every girl wants. He can be arrogant, but he doesn't look down at people, and he's willing to learn not to take things for granted. He had an impure reason for approaching Kujou at first, but I love it that when he realizes he falls in love with her, he doesn't let his pride gets in the way and he keeps trying to make Kujou realizes both his and her feelings. I also love Kujou as a heroine. She is dense but she has a justified reason in that she was a loner and never had any friends (except for Yanagi who continues to approach her), thus the serious lack of social knowledge. I really, really can't wait to see how things will go for both of them.
In conclusion: this manga is highly recommended! especially for those who looks for lighthearted romance full of comedy!

windy van

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: [Shoujo] Last Game by Amano Shinobu

I like this manga too!!
Yes, I like Yanagi, he is perfect but never looking down on others. Kujou is nice female lead, but sometimes she gets on my nerve. OMG She is super dense after all approach that Yanagi did, poor Yanagi. Their moments are so sweet.:)

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

I like this manga too!!
Yes, I like Yanagi, he is perfect but never looking down on others. Kujou is nice female lead, but sometimes she gets on my nerve. OMG She is super dense after all approach that Yanagi did, poor Yanagi. Their moments are so sweet.:)
Yay, another fan! :D
Hahaha, it will be weird if Kujou suddenly has the epiphany that she loves Yanagi, right? Since she has so limited social knowledge, I think it's natural that she's so slow, though it means that Yanagi still has a loooooong way to go. Yeah, poor him.
I think their moments become so sweet because their love is so innocent and pure... :blush

windy van

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Eeee.. Kujou is unbelievable, she is too slow, it seems so unrealistic. When her mom is actually outgoing person, yet her daughter is never knows what is love between boy and girl. I wonder if she never ask her about her love interst before. That's absurd but yes, their love is so innocent, and it was heartwarming to see. But I kinda hate it when this new girl being introduced to the story, like waaahh.. another love rival? but she is needed for Kojou to realized her feelings for Yanagi.. :-_-

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Eeee.. Kujou is unbelievable, she is too slow, it seems so unrealistic. When her mom is actually outgoing person, yet her daughter is never knows what is love between boy and girl. I wonder if she never ask her about her love interst before. That's absurd but yes, their love is so innocent, and it was heartwarming to see. But I kinda hate it when this new girl being introduced to the story, like waaahh.. another love rival? but she is needed for Kojou to realized her feelings for Yanagi.. :-_-
Well, Kujou spends a lot of time outside home and her mom works too, right? I imagine that they only spend quality time at night, and because Kujou does seem to be a loner type at school. And I have the feelings that her mom is quietly amused at how Yanagi tries his best to get Kujou to like him. It's like she's only cheering for him from the outside and won't do anything to interfere.
Yeah, I also don't like the new girl. She acts all innocent when actually she's nowhere near innocent. Ugh. But yeah, nothing works best than a girl like that to threaten Kujou.

theruleofflaw

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This manga is cute <3 and that latest chapter!! I hope Kujou realize her feelings for him soon.

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
This manga is cute <3 and that latest chapter!! I hope Kujou realize her feelings for him soon.
Yes, it is!
I really hope so too, but I don't think so. Yanagi seems to have a long road in front of him still...

theruleofflaw

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yes, it is!
I really hope so too, but I don't think so. Yanagi seems to have a long road in front of him still...
At least now Kujou appreciates Yanagi unlike before that she doesn't even consider him as a rival. But Kujou you are so DENSE!!! Realize Yanagi's feelings already <3
I like how everyone around them know of Yanagi's feelings except for the person herself xD

yukihime03

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
At least now Kujou appreciates Yanagi unlike before that she doesn't even consider him as a rival. But Kujou you are so DENSE!!! Realize Yanagi's feelings already <3
I like how everyone around them know of Yanagi's feelings except for the person herself xD
Indeed, at least Yanagi has made a progress. Kujou herself is still blind to her own feelings. :XD
Yeah, and how they pity Yanagi... :lmao