Discussion - Law should have been able to defeat doflamingo | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Law should have been able to defeat doflamingo

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
law can attack internal organ directly.
If oda wanted to tell us that doflamingo can repair his internal organ , then any attacks luffy gave should also be useless since doflamingo would just repair back his organs.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Doflamingo survived "Gamma Knife" by stitching his own organs. He cannot fix damage caused by blunt force, like broken bones.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
If oda wanted to tell us that doflamingo can repair his internal organ , then any attacks luffy gave should also be useless since doflamingo would just repair back his organs.
Blunt force damage is not slicing damage.

Fundamental different is how damage is absorbed into the body.

You can't stitch up contusions or bone fractures.

Which is why swordsman would be a bad match up for a string man. Doflamingo could just stitch himself up.

And from what we saw, Doflamingo's organs still tanked the first use of Gear 4 so his stitch jobs are legit.

The question is, why didn't he die when he got seastone cuffs put on him? The stitches should have come undone and killed him instantly

modoki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Once doflamingo uses awakening, that’s it.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
The question is, why didn't he die when he got seastone cuffs put on him? The stitches should have come undone and killed him instantly
Presumably Doflamingo had time to heal. One Piece has its share of impossible to survive injuries (i.e. Squard impaling White Beard).

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Given Law's flashback and personnal beef with Joker I wish he was the one to deal the finishing blow but whatever man, Oda loves to make luffy beat the last boss one on one.

However this trend needs to change for Kaido otherwise Oda will write himself in a corner imo (Unless we get the ennemy badly injured, nerfed just so luffy can win 1v1 but please Oda don't go this route).

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
But how would Luffy defeat Kaido? He's going to need outside help. The author himself admitted being unsure how Luffy would do it. Besides Luffy still has to fight the other Yonko and Admirals, he cannot be stronger than anyone at this point in the story.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Given Law's flashback and personnal beef with Joker I wish he was the one to deal the finishing blow but whatever man, Oda loves to make luffy beat the last boss one on one.

However this trend needs to change for Kaido otherwise Oda will write himself in a corner imo (Unless we get the ennemy badly injured, nerfed just so luffy can win 1v1 but please Oda don't go this route).
Luffy need to prove he is strong to have Pirate King title. If he always need help to take main antagonist each time, seems more undeserving.

Plus there are ways he can evolve himself to be stronger like new G4 Form, Haki, and even Awakening. So if he unlocks any of these and face 1 vs 1 with Kaido, not really write to corner since Oda already presented them in the series.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally I feel that even if he unlocks awakening, Luffy will still not be able to beat Kaido 1v1. I mean his punches just sobered up the dragon in human form. Turning stuff to rubber, creating 100x more punches will what? Just do to same non damage?

No, the stage is definitely set for a team effort here.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
SeaHe is a string man, he stitched it up and used a knot maybe :D

dont think seastone will undo his work, but most likely will make him lose control of it.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
The problem with defeating Kaido is that he's known as being immortal, to the point he cannot willingly kill himself, in a world where his enemies can casually do the stuff below. How would Luffy top any of that?

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Presumably Doflamingo had time to heal. One Piece has its share of impossible to survive injuries (i.e. Squard impaling White Beard).
but there are limits.
The problem with defeating Kaido is that he's known as being immortal, to the point he cannot willingly kill himself, in a world where his enemies can casually do the stuff below. How would Luffy top any of that?

But eventually Luffy will. It's the law of Shounen manga.

By the end of the story Luffy will sit atop of everyone, past and present.

Oda said he didnt know how Luffy would defeat Kaido... buy Luffy WILL defeat Kaido. It's just a matter of how at this point.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy cannot top that stuff right now. I've always wonder how Luffy will square up to some of these other crazy abilities but he always one ups them. I saw crocky's giant dust devil and was like woah. Luffy can only launch gatling punches, how can he beat an ability like that? Someone he cannot even hit? And bam be defeats Crocodile. And now even Zoro can do a tornado slash. Enel is another great example. That guy launches lightning. In a regular world he'd own everyone with 1 shock. In a non regular world like One Piece's he fights a rubberman after showing us his dazzling lightshows and then subsequebtly get owned by a giant piece of gold to the face. The point is, Luffy cannot spam giant magmaballs or meteors from the sky. He cannot create clones like Doflamingo or Cracker. He couldn't do a lot of things due to the limits of his abilities. The good part about this is that his fighting style allows him to circumvent crazy powers. Now that he has Haki and future sight CoO, spears of ice from Aokiji won't mean shit because he can just dodge it all, move super fast and sock iceman in the face and repeat.

Although that being said, I still do not think Luffy can solo Kaido at the end of this arc. I stand by a team effort. In the end Luffy will deal the final blow after Kaido gains the final upper hand. The point, is even through a team effort (seems like a lot of fights are actually team efforts), the team will probably struggle against Kaidou but in the end Luffy will find a way to KO him. Luffy always find a way because it is shounen. Law cannot defeat Doffy because even with a grand scheme, he cannot find a way and he never would have. His way was Luffy but of course he didn't know that in the beginning, he even remarked how Luffy still had his ace (gear 4th) when Luffy started pummelling Doflamingo because he did not think his alliance would prevail and it'd all fall to shambles. That's why he put his hands over his face to cry and said Damnit when Doffy was about to smash his face in.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Doflamingo was still affected by the gamma knife, just not as badly as he would have been by leaving it alone. Looks like the main thing to taking him out would be pain, and Luffy kept dealing pain along with broken bones that Doflamingo couldn't stitch together with strings, not while in battle anyway. But by all means though, Law should be useful against Kaidou.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gear 4th just straight wooped Doflamingo's ass. If Luffy can use it for longer, he wouldn't need a King Kong gun to take down Doflamingo, he'd simply keep hitting him. Bound man form, Snake man form, ??? forms... His strings couldn't stitch up all blunt trauma like you stitch up a blade incision. Blunt force can shatter bones. You can't stitch that up. Another reason why Law couldn't defeat Doflamingo. I don't mean to trash on Law. He really is an awesome character, with a great backstory. I just want to make it a point that Doflamingo, the way he was at the time, he was just outclassing Law in every way. Makes you wonder why Law didn't just use shambles? I really do wonder, is there a way to block Law's powers if you're in his room? Can his room bypass Bartolomeo's barriers?

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Luffy need to prove he is strong to have Pirate King title. If he always need help to take main antagonist each time, seems more undeserving.

Plus there are ways he can evolve himself to be stronger like new G4 Form, Haki, and even Awakening. So if he unlocks any of these and face 1 vs 1 with Kaido, not really write to corner since Oda already presented them in the series.
What I meant by writing himself in a corner is that if luffy wins against Kaido one on one without any kind of nerf to the latter and no super effective strategy or DF weakness then it will kill all the tension in the story, all future ennemies (big mom, admirals etc would not be seen as much of a threat )

A way for oda to balance a fight vs kaido 1v1 resulting in a win for luffy would be to adopt the gon vs pitou approach and make the awakening or whatever power made luffy this strong have massive drawbacks or be a one time thing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Luffy cannot top that stuff right now. I've always wonder how Luffy will square up to some of these other crazy abilities but he always one ups them. I saw crocky's giant dust devil and was like woah. Luffy can only launch gatling punches, how can he beat an ability like that? Someone he cannot even hit? And bam be defeats Crocodile. And now even Zoro can do a tornado slash. Enel is another great example. That guy launches lightning. In a regular world he'd own everyone with 1 shock. In a non regular world like One Piece's he fights a rubberman after showing us his dazzling lightshows and then subsequebtly get owned by a giant piece of gold to the face. The point is, Luffy cannot spam giant magmaballs or meteors from the sky. He cannot create clones like Doflamingo or Cracker. He couldn't do a lot of things due to the limits of his abilities. The good part about this is that his fighting style allows him to circumvent crazy powers. Now that he has Haki and future sight CoO, spears of ice from Aokiji won't mean shit because he can just dodge it all, move super fast and sock iceman in the face and repeat.

Although that being said, I still do not think Luffy can solo Kaido at the end of this arc. I stand by a team effort. In the end Luffy will deal the final blow after Kaido gains the final upper hand. The point, is even through a team effort (seems like a lot of fights are actually team efforts), the team will probably struggle against Kaidou but in the end Luffy will find a way to KO him. Luffy always find a way because it is shounen. Law cannot defeat Doffy because even with a grand scheme, he cannot find a way and he never would have. His way was Luffy but of course he didn't know that in the beginning, he even remarked how Luffy still had his ace (gear 4th) when Luffy started pummelling Doflamingo because he did not think his alliance would prevail and it'd all fall to shambles. That's why he put his hands over his face to cry and said Damnit when Doffy was about to smash his face in.
You wish. Aokiji no diffed DD, he wrecks Luffy. We also saw just how useful his future sight was when he got one shotted by half sober Kaido.

Luffy will get up there eventually but he still has a ways to go

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Problem is, Gamma Knife requires Law to be in close range, and he essentially has to immobilize his target first as he just isn't good at close quarter combat. Law uses Shambles to move around in combat, he can't use (emulate) Soru and Geppo like Luffy can. Law has only used his sword in conjunction with his Devil fruit or to block, but never for any normal attack. Law's physical combat skills without his Devil Fruit are probably bottom three when it comes to the Worst Generation.

Anyways, Law only had this one shot vs Doflamingo, and it wasn't enough. If he had been better physical feats, maybe he could have landed more Gamma Knifes. Keep in mind that all of Laws techniques drain his stamina.