Voting Round 2 - Least Favourite Character | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Least Favourite Character

Least Favourite Character

• Charlotte Flampe

• Hody Jones

• Stelly

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

One Piece: Best of a Decade
Entering a new decade by celebrating the last 10 years of this amazing series!

Least Favourite Character
As this event is celebrating 10 years of the series, please note this spans from the first official chapter of the decade; ch569, released in 5th Jan 2009 and the decade ends with ch966, officially released 23rd Dec 2019.

Also worth noting that only manga material are relevant to this event when it comes to nominating. However for referencing/ promotional purposes feel free to use anime pictures.

As we've lost our regular sources for reading the series, our main source for this event in terms of material will be Mangasee.

General Nomination RulesIf you want to change your nominations, please quote your original nomination post and clearly state which nominations you want to change along with your new nominations.
  • You are allowed up to three (3) nominations.​
  • Please clearly state the entry you are nominating as well as any further specifics (e.g. characters, chapters, arcs) if required.​
  • Please bold all your nominations.​
  • Supporting a nomination does count as nominating!
  • The six entries with the most nominations per entry will proceed to the next round.
  • If there will be more than 6 in this pool, the staff will break the ties that might occur.

Charlotte Flampe – 5
Rebecca – 4
Stelly – 3
Big Mom – 3
Charlotte Pudding – 2
Vander Decken – 2
Caesar Clown – 2
Caribou – 2
Judge - 2
Orochi – 2
Coby – 1
Shirahoshi – 1
Sanji - 1
Kanjuro – 1
Momonosuke – 1
Kin’emon – 1
Hody Jones – 1
Trebol – 1
Donquixote Doflamingo - 1

Nomination Round will last 4 days and ends on 2nd Jan.

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Big Mom

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Supporting Rebecca. Nominating Coby & Charlotte Pudding

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Caesar Clown.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
very close between Sanji and Judge

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
Kanjuro
Momonosuke (This kid is literally the headache in the storyline)
Kin'emon

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
So much hate for Rebecca. I never understood this.

Supporting Charlotte Flampe and Stelly, THESE are dislikable characters.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'm not sure how to approach this category. Should I take it as characters, who I think are bad as characters ( badly written like Hody Jones or utterly boring as in Buffalo). Or should I take it as characters that I love to to hate (fantastically written characters like Orochi, Caesar Clown, Big Mom or simply effective douchebags like Stelly, Flampe, Saint Charlos)

Well, since this is an event to celebrate a decade of One Piece, I'll use the latter reasoning. So these will be characters, that I actually think are great or even amazing characters. Characters that I love to hate. I'll be applying this same logic to the least favorite moments as well. It's harder to apply to least favorite fight and arcs, but I'll try that too.

Orochi
Oh damn how detestable this obnoxious guy is is. A true slimy rat. A brilliant villain - and actually a really formidable one! He has a fruit with a lot of potential fighting power. Yet everyone makes fun of him, he still takes the threat of the "prophecy" seriously. And that is what has given him the edge this far! As we know, he seems to be one-step a head at every turn. Liked how the last flashback gave us insight into his nature. He is a very greedy man by nature, but he is also a boy from poor conditions. He was fast to adopt the plan of revenge to acquire a lifetime of luxury for himself. But at the same time he was baffled by the thought, that "someone like him" could actually achieve something big in life. It was actually rather humane about him. So he is an evil sleazy bastard, but his humble origins also make him a cautious man just fervently protecting what "just someone low like him" has achieved by working hard. I think he is a really good villain character.

Big Mom
I have such conflicted feelings about her. She is definitely evil. The things she does are not in any way justifiable. Even if by surface, her actions are pretty good. She cares for her family, she cares for the diversity of life and has a reliable passion about sweets. But all for selfish reasons. She cares for her family, so she can have people to use for her needs and to increase her own power. She cares for diversity, just for the sake of surrounding herself with interesting people or beings. She loves the admiration and love she gets from her subordinates and family, but doesn't really give true love back. She doesn't respect the freedom of the people she "loves", because then they are not anymore "hers" if they are free. Even her passion for sweets is eventually nothing else but hedonistic gluttony. Yet knowing her background, you can't really just out right hate her. She is innocent by nature. Someone stuck into a mental state of child that goes thorough a rough child hood. When she loses her memory, she actually becomes a cheerful, helpful and insanely powerful child. Overall - an extremely great character!

Donquixote Doflamingo
He is extremely cruel, calculative and manipulative. Yet, there is also something absolutely charismatic in his cocky overly confident nature. Or is it over confident even? His power and skill are no doubt damn admirable. He also genuinely cares for (at least some) of his family. But still at times seem to be completely unable to show empathy to anyone who isn't approved by him. He runs his mafia-like business like a true boss and a badass. Definetly another 5/5 villain.

Special mention to Van Der Decken, who is kinda best of both worlds. Genuinely kinda badly written, lame and forgettable villain. But also absolutely disgusting harasser and stalker of teenage mermaid princesses.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

One Piece: Best of a Decade
Entering a new decade by celebrating the last 10 years of this amazing series!

Voting Round 1

Voting Round 1
  • You can vote for three (3) nominees
  • You are allowed to change your vote
  • This round will last for 3 days (ends on 6th Jan)
  • Top 6 votes move forward to the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff member will cast the deciding vote.

Veni Vidi Vici

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I would have chose Sabo, easy.