Voting Round 2 - Least Favourite Character | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Least Favourite Character

Least Favourite Character

• Charlotte Flampe

• Hody Jones

• Stelly

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I will never, ever understand why some people would vote for Rebecca as least favourite character, when options like Stelly Caribou and Flampe are available.
Hody Jones, Orochi, Judge... SO MANY despisable characters. Rebecca is most definitely not as dislikable, no way.
I'm open minded but damn. The hate towards her is unfathomable to me.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Those evil characters are more well written then the typical damsel in distress/ViviRehatch. Thats why

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Those evil characters are more well written then the typical damsel in distress/ViviRehatch. Thats why
I see nothing wrong with the way she was written; being a typical damsel in distress is true enough, just like Vivi was, but is that enough to put her below other obnoxious characters, not in my book.
Whenever i see Flampe or Stelly, i want to punch them in the face, i want them to fucking die. I never hated Rebecca to that extent, well written or not; but to each his own.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Well here is the issue with this category - some people read "least favorite" as badly written/boring character and some take it as some they "love to hate".

Since this is a celebratory event, I went with the "love to hate" approach.

Even if I went with the worstly written/boring character, I still find the hate for Rebecca over the top. I have no love for her either, she is mostly a boring damsel in distress trope, but delivers her story function pretty well and her actoins make sense. She ain't that different from Vivi or Shirahoshi imho. So why not as well vote for Vivo or Shira?

From the worst written characters, I'd likely go with Hody Jones .

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
. She ain't that different from Vivi or Shirahoshi imho. So why not as well vote for Vivo or Shira?
Well Vivi was first and is now a strong leader. Shira was second and is also Poseidon...and a big mermaid with big... shells.

Rebecca is just.. boring. I dont hate her and didnt voted for her, but i get the hate.

I love to hate characters, Joffrey and Ramsay in GoT come to mind. So i dont despise any villains very hard.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Well Vivi was first and is now a strong leader. Shira was second and is also Poseidon...and a big mermaid with big... shells.

Rebecca is just.. boring. I dont hate her and didnt voted for her, but i get the hate.

I love to hate characters, Joffrey and Ramsay in GoT come to mind. So i dont despise any villains very hard.
Well, you know yourself those defenses are pretty weak. Rebecca has had less time to grow, Rebecca is gladiator and has adorable and heart-wrenching bond with her father. Basically it's really just a matter of preference if mermaids or gladiators are hotter. Ninjas or pirates you know. I do know why people hate her. Patterns and tropes are boring. I just think that the reactions are over top for the reasonings behind them. Because Oda recycles all kinds of tropes and patterns.

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Many out there. Big Mom though, I jsut dont like her cause everything about her is tragic. Why soes she talk that way? Will she ever die? Is Oda intenting to redem her? Urgh