Discussion - Legendary Dragon Slayer Acnologia | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Legendary Dragon Slayer Acnologia

FirenX

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Who or what do you think is Acnologia exactly? What power does e had before turning into a dragon? What is his connection to Zere and thereforeto IGneel and maybe even Natsu? Maybe Zeref knows Natsu, because he is just a part (the ''good half'' of Acnologia himself and Zeref separated the two as Acnologia became to powerful and evolved into a Dragon if not his human form? What was his respective Slayer Element, when he was human?

My theory with his Element is, that he maybe was once the Water Dragon Slayer, since it was stated that originally Wendy should take this part, but the idea wasn't build in but thought of, so this is still open and as you look closely at the end of the fight between Fairy Tail and Acnologia, before he/it ''obliterated'' the whole island, he sucked up a huge amount of water to unleash his respective Dragon's Roar-Technique.

Rarhyx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
If it was a "water dragonroar" my guess would be since he bathed in all that dragon blood (or drank it, to lazy to look it up)
he gained all the elements from the slain dragons.
about his slayer element.. dunoo atm.
maybe he didn't even had an element?
maybe he was a transformation mage(ala elfman, lisanna, etc.) and all the blood transformed him into a dragon and at one point ce couldn't change back to his normal human body.

Duniak

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Acnologia is Natsu, and a final boss. Zeref helped him become a dragon when his "dragon" powers were taking over, or something like that. Sounds Mashima-ish.

Greasybuttsex

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Acnologia is a dragon slayer turned dragon by zeref. big black dragon.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
i have a feeling acnoligia will be the final boss of all of FT

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

If the sprigan 12 are this strong then how scary is acnologia? Damn.... Hope we will see a good fight
Acknologia is a dragon, the comparison to humans is irrelevant. We already saw the 7 dragons at the kingdom basically handling dragon slayers including laxus easily. Overall dragons have power beyond humans as a rule with the only plausible exception being zeref and end. The current situation probably suggests that even the sprigan 12 and 10 wizard saints combined would be fodder to acknologia. Unless of course there is a dragon slayer among them...

smurf777

Reaction score
Country
United States

Acknologia is a dragon, the comparison to humans is irrelevant. We already saw the 7 dragons at the kingdom basically handling dragon slayers including laxus easily. Overall dragons have power beyond humans as a rule with the only plausible exception being zeref and end. The current situation probably suggests that even the sprigan 12 and 10 wizard saints combined would be fodder to acknologia. Unless of course there is a dragon slayer among them...
Acnologia is no mere dragon he became dragon after killing a lot of dragons when he was a dragon slayer and that means that as a human he was stronger than any dragon which means that humans can surpass dragons and it's to expected from the SPRIGAN to be stronger than the dragons that rough summoned from the past ...with the fight with Tartarus they defeated the demons without demon slaying magic and that means it's not necessary to be a dragon slayer to kill a dragon you just go to be a super monster to crush the dragons magical scales .
and as for Acnologia we saw his human and dragon form which he can transform at will so I think he has another level of transformation combining the human and dragon form to unleash his full power ....that would be awesome :zomg

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Acnologia is no mere dragon he became dragon after killing a lot of dragons when he was a dragon slayer and that means that as a human he was stronger than any dragon which means that humans can surpass dragons and it's to expected from the SPRIGAN to be stronger than the dragons that rough summoned from the past ...with the fight with Tartarus they defeated the demons without demon slaying magic and that means it's not necessary to be a dragon slayer to kill a dragon you just go to be a super monster to crush the dragons magical scales .
and as for Acnologia we saw his human and dragon form which he can transform at will so I think he has another level of transformation combining the human and dragon form to unleash his full power ....that would be awesome :zomg
Well, I did make the point that dragon slayers could oppose dragons. Sure, it is technically possible for a dragon to be defeated without dragon slayer magic howeverthe implications of actually pulling off such a thing are downright ridiculous. Assuming that the situation of dragons vs humans is one where humans merely have to overcome the power difference between them (unless there is actual immunity going on although I don't subscribe to that theory). Anyways, we have seen that dragon slaying magic allows dragons to overcome that difference in power by making their magic specially effective against dragons. During the 7 dragons event we saw makarov, still one of the stronger guys around at full power punching a dragon and not even flinching. In turn we saw every dragon slayer there basically flinching the dragons even though most of them combined would probably not amount to half a makarov (barring laxus of course). Even laxus when he got a better matchup could not actually defeat a dragon.

Anyways, so what exactly would it take for a human without dragon slayer magic to defeat a dragon? Makarov amounted to a mosquito when facing atlasflame... So 10 makarovs? 20? 100? Even the roars from the dragons at the kingdom were enough to get rid of mountains. Personally I don't think there is an amount of non dragon slayer humans that can defeat a dragon. The idea at this point does not seem logical. The difference in power is simply too ridiculous. Heck, even now the only instances we know of of dragons being defeated is by dragon slayers.

smurf777

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, I did make the point that dragon slayers could oppose dragons. Sure, it is technically possible for a dragon to be defeated without dragon slayer magic howeverthe implications of actually pulling off such a thing are downright ridiculous. Assuming that the situation of dragons vs humans is one where humans merely have to overcome the power difference between them (unless there is actual immunity going on although I don't subscribe to that theory). Anyways, we have seen that dragon slaying magic allows dragons to overcome that difference in power by making their magic specially effective against dragons. During the 7 dragons event we saw makarov, still one of the stronger guys around at full power punching a dragon and not even flinching. In turn we saw every dragon slayer there basically flinching the dragons even though most of them combined would probably not amount to half a makarov (barring laxus of course). Even laxus when he got a better matchup could not actually defeat a dragon.

Anyways, so what exactly would it take for a human without dragon slayer magic to defeat a dragon? Makarov amounted to a mosquito when facing atlasflame... So 10 makarovs? 20? 100? Even the roars from the dragons at the kingdom were enough to get rid of mountains. Personally I don't think there is an amount of non dragon slayer humans that can defeat a dragon. The idea at this point does not seem logical. The difference in power is simply too ridiculous. Heck, even now the only instances we know of of dragons being defeated is by dragon slayers.
well we can't be sure of anything until we see the true power of a SPRIGAN and since future rough said that Acnologia will rule the world then an encounter between Acnologia and them is to be expected.
but we do know that Alvarez stopped attacking Ishgar because they feared Ethirion which does nothing to a dragon after all it was stopped by the R System A RACLIMA what good will it do against a dragon and if Alvarez with the SPRIGAN feared Ethirion it makes you wonder if they're really worth all that....and we've yet to see Natsu lightning fire dragon force

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States

With the picture of natsu dragonized and the whole dragon force level announcement about the new movie I'm willing to bet acnologia'a dragon form is just his dragonforce. My theory is df is a skill dragon slayers have regardless of their power level however the more it's used and the stronger you get the more dragon like you become. It's clear to me the 1st and 3rd gen dragon slayers were being nerfed by the dragons creating the antibodies to prevent full dragonification hence why they needed an outside source of power and sting and rouges df was half baked.

I don't think it's just a matter of strength to beat a dragon other wise the dragons wouldn't go through the trouble of teaching humans their magic. The dragons pretty much ruled the world, but after they taught humans ds magic well you know the rest.

milek

Reaction score
Country
Serbia

I dont agree in one thing with you and that is Laxus fight. His fight against Atlas flame didnt go well because of flames it self. He would have much higher chances against some other type of dragon.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I dont agree in one thing with you and that is Laxus fight. His fight against Atlas flame didnt go well because of flames it self. He would have much higher chances against some other type of dragon.
Except he didn't. He went to fight zilconis alongside Wendy who should be an ideal partner and he still did not win.

metsujin

Reaction score
Country
Romania

The way I see it, is that Dragons > Gods > Humans. Now we've seen that the only magic capable of doing damage to a dragon is Dragon Slaying Magic, Makarov tried to attack Atlas Flame but couldn't damage him, and Makarov is pretty strong too. Gildarts got rekt by Acnologia, and on Tenrou he said that Acnologia was just playing with them, and didn't use the same power as it did against him. Still Gildarts surviving against Acnologia that's pretty impressive. Now the Four Gods of Ishgar, might be able to do some damage to a dragon, but I highly doubt they could kill one. Now that doesn't mean the Dragon Slayers are stronger than everyone, no, they're magic is just more effective against one type of creature, but they're still humans and can be defeated by humans. From what we know, Acnologia transformed into a dragon because of the over use of Dragon Slaying Magic and/or that he bathed in dragon blood. But here's the thing, Dragon Force is the form that actually allows Dragon Slayer to be on par with dragons, since they're skin turn into scales, and they take the shape of a dragon... sorta xD So that's why I say that Natsu shouldn't have a problem in taking on someone, because we've seen how powerful Dragon Force is, but we never saw it full potential since the dragons were sleeping inside and it's pretty obvious since the dragons left they're bodies, that they've became stronger. Which explains why Laxus and Cobra were strong in the first place, they had dragon lacrima in their bodies, but not dragons.

amit-monsterman999

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Puting aside manga logic for a bit there is some logic to the power levels

First and foremost the all magic has certain weaknesses against other magical types.

For example dragon slayer magic is highly effective against dragons and god slaying magic is effective against gods and ideally devil slaying magic is effective against devils because these "slayer" magic in definition are really defensive magic they are counter magic spells. Now because most of these slayer magic involves transforming into your respective slayer type it makes sense to say that like Acnologia overusing your slayer magic will transform you into either a dragon, god or possibly a devil depending on the type of magic your are harvesting. Pillar a dragon slayer against a devil and as we saw natsu really didn't shine so beautifully yet Gray did shine well so it's important to fight the right type of slayer magic with slayer "item"

So its possible a lot of dragons that existed never were dragons to begin with but dragon slayers that transformed into dragons due to slayer magic overdose or overuse which could explain why no dragons exist anymore as everyone just went crazy. since dragon slayer was at one point so common for it to have been eradicated off the face of the earth meant someone went crazy and killed every dragon (Acnologia) but even then he would need to have been taught by a haxed dragon to have begun with.

Also as seen in this chapter because one mage can use spatial magic Lucy and Erza are now out of commission whereas natsu and gray are not. So in terms of who's more powerful then whom is now completely irrelevant and useless baseless.

If you have a counter magic that can counter or neutralize your form of magic then no matter how strong you are you ain't going to win. A good example is with natsu he's a fire dragon slayer pillar him against an equally powerful water dragon or a water dragon slayer and he might get a real run for his true money as his fire will be completely countered.

Also these mages from the Alvarez Kingdom are not all about firepower they seem to have picked magic that gives them an upper advantage. They want to destroy Fiore and who said you need the power of god or satan to do that as long as you have enough intelligence you can win which they have done well they have planned for years for this attack and have picked their magic accordingly

A good example is this new guy Marin Hollow alot of Fairy Tail members would be in a tight spot because of him he's not a strong character he's cannon fodder and is weak from all domains however the magic itself is a good counter to several opponents within Fairy Tail and that causes trouble because now regular soldiers can even go for the kill.

Remember alvarez kingdom is going to use mechanized warfare or warfare with huge strategy using magic with strategy in large combinations like combo magic (like the one between Juvia and Lucy) which is trouble for Fairy Tail as they rarely have done much combo magic synchronization.

That's the problem here Alvarez kingdom is smart they did not go for firepower or raw strength they went for magic countering strategy study the types of magic that exists in Firoe and find the counter to that type of magic to make them incapable of fighting.

The Alvarez kingdom mages are not stronger than gray, natsu, erza or even mavis or serena they simply have the "right" magic to handicap the mages of Fiore period.

The exception to this rule is possibly Acnologia and Zeref as they both are now in their own domains and can do whatever they want whenever they want.

Also as an aside I like to apologize for my offensive post that had got deleted by Holt. Thank you and I apologize for that post.

I am getting slightly annoyed that this entire mess Fairy tail is in could have been avoided by simply staying in the shadows and studying your enemy to see what there worth and then counter appropriately

Chojin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Silver beat up Atlas Flame so the argument that only Dragon Slayers can beat Dragons is invalid. Zeref declared war on the world and that includes Aconologia so it is a mathematical certainty that Dragons can be defeated by humans. Dragons are very arrogant though and Igneel and Aconologia more so than most.

Edit - beat up meant froze him up. So naturally the ultimate freezing spell of Ur would freeze a dragon solid. In fact Ur's spell is one of the most overpowered in the manga yet.

Last edited:

metsujin

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Silver beat up Atlas Flame so the argument that only Dragon Slayers can beat Dragons is invalid. Zeref declared war on the world and that includes Aconologia so it is a mathematical certainty that Dragons can be defeated by humans. Dragons are very arrogant though and Igneel and Aconologia more so than most.

Edit - beat up meant froze him up. So naturally the ultimate freezing spell of Ur would freeze a dragon solid. In fact Ur's spell is one of the most overpowered in the manga yet.
There are magics that could harm dragons, well spells, but for a normal human like Ur, the user needs to give up their life in order to seal the dragon. Same would go with other spells, because Dragons are strong, but at what cost can you defeat it? Zeref is out of this, because he's immortal and has a lot of knowledge when it comes to magic, plus he's one of the strongest being in FT. But cast him aside, Dragon Slayer have the highest chance of killing a dragon, and still be alive after it.

Chojin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So basically we are agreeing that if worse comes to worse, current Gray can at least draw against Acnologia (both die).

metsujin

Reaction score
Country
Romania
No I don't think Gray is at that level, if he uses Ice Shell, but he won't use it since he vowed he never will, basically Natsu would stop him again. Plus Natsu kinda vowed to defeat Acnologia himself, we'll wait and see xD

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Silver did not beat up atlasflame, at least not in a relevant manner. Silver froze atlasflames' lifeless corpse. Which would presumably be 100% less able to put up a fight than a living atlasflame. Who would probably last a full 0 seconds or so against acknologia. Acknlogia being frozen by the ice shell would be quite a feat, to be honest I don't think it would work.

FirenX

Reaction score
Country
Germany

You have to remember: It wasn't the real Atlas Flame in flesh and blood: It was just his Spirit / Remains from his Magic he kept a little part of his soul in, and not the actual Dragon. So you can't count that into the equation as a Fight between a Human and a Dragon.

By the way Atlas Flames Magic / "Soul" was burning for several hundreds of Years so it was clearly weakened too.