Discussion - Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Little-Known Games That You Absolutely Love?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Theme Hospital? Do I want to know, bax? >.>

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Looks interesting :D I'm just happy it doesn't involve trying to get dates with cute nurses or pairing them up ( it was what I first thought when I saw your post ;) )

zypher

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
My first contact with a RTS game was with a game called "War Wind".
I was to afraid to go and explore the unexplored areas of darknes, so i did not make it very far :darn
It was a early game and it hade many weak points sutch as the camnding options, you could only comand one unit at the time.

But i loved the game called "War Wind"

Venom65437

Gold Knight said:
Yeah, he was even more of a fanatic of it than I was. I DID get tired of it eventually, but he never did, lol. It's his absolute favorite game of all time.

That Ogrebattle download that you gave me was apparently defunct though :( He kept losing his saves. So we just deleted it. Thanks anyway ^^
You should have just used saved states instead! I could probably get it for you again if you want it.

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
bax said:
o.O

I dig up my old games, and I found one of the oldest games I payed a long time ago --> Theme Hospital :XD

I installed it and it's stuill amuses me ^^ Still as funny as before ^^
:spaz Another Theme Hospital player! I miss playing this game.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Venom65437 said:
You should have just used saved states instead! I could probably get it for you again if you want it.
Actually I'll pass. Because it would probably mean he'd kick me off this computer more often. ^^

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
bax said:
I dig up my old games, and I found one of the oldest games I payed a long time ago --> Theme Hospital :XD

I installed it and it's stuill amuses me ^^ Still as funny as before ^^
How do I wish they'd make a remake of that one, if possible all in cell-shading :nuts Actually, I tried to play it not so long ago but my PC is too powerful for it, the game speed is just too fast even at the lowest speed >.>

zypher

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Can't you underclock your computer then :p

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Xophien said:
How do I wish they'd make a remake of that one, if possible all in cell-shading :nuts Actually, I tried to play it not so long ago but my PC is too powerful for it, the game speed is just too fast even at the lowest speed >.>
There are software to solve this problem, but I don't know if they are good.

rabb

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fading suns: Noble Armada.

its impossible to buy anymore, but even the demo (which you can find by doing a google search) was really fun. the only real problem is that the game keeps crashing (for which there is a patch, ive seen it, i just cant find it again) and the controls need some work.

HisshouBuraiKen

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gitaroo-Man. Despite its cult status in the world of otaku, it's still a little-known game as far as the whole world goes.

bleachboy88

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
hisshouburaiken said:
Gitaroo-Man. Despite its cult status in the world of otaku, it's still a little-known game as far as the whole world goes.
Dude, if you like Gitaroo-Man check out Elite Beat Agents or Ouendan for the Nintendo DS. They are both rythm-action games and are made by the same people behind Gitaroo-man.

Elite Beat Agents contains a bunch of variety of songs ranging from Y.M.C.A. to Sk8er Boi. And Ouendan has a bunch of J-pop and J-Rock songs.

I've only played Elite Beat Agents but Ouendan has the exactly same play style, so I heavily recommend both. :bmgai
Vid of Elite Beat Agents http://youtube.com/watch?v=qyBImO6_CXo
Vid of Ouendan http://youtube.com/watch?v=j4YiKVHqqWU

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
i think elite beat agents is ouendan except the english release of it, so they had to adapt it

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Ayah said:
:spaz Another Theme Hospital player! I miss playing this game.
Here's a third! Those diseases where so damn funny... Uncommon cold, Bloaty head, Spare ribs, etc etc XD
I loved the ratwhacking mini-game. XD[br]Posted on: January 18, 2007, 08:12:11 PM_________________________________________________Best game ever created:

>> Sam & Max: Hit The Road (1994)

Sarcasm and violent, brute rabbits always make my day. :amuse

The newer games that are being released lately just don't get anywhere near the original... =(

Torrentsearch on "SCUMMVM" and download a file with sam n max, it should work on your newer computer too then. The graphix are MsDOS (huge pixels anyone?), but it's BRILLIANTLY done. I recommend playing through it with a walkthrough. It's not that hard, but it's not about the gameplay anyway, it's about the awesome storyline and hilarious jokes and characters, play through it like a movie and laugh your ass off while doing so. :amuse[br]Posted on: January 18, 2007, 08:16:29 PM_________________________________________________*sigh* whatever happened to good old commander keen though?

DOPEFISH LIVES![br]Posted on: January 18, 2007, 08:16:55 PM_________________________________________________Meh, this became a thread about Oldie games, not unknown ones. XD

One Eyed Sharingan

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
hhmmmmm as for me, it's an RPG entitled "Terranigma", from NES.....errr or was it SNES???
it was my first RPG... and i really love it. I really enjoyed the side quest (helping to develop cities ^_^)
Here is more info.

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like Popolocrois

bleachboy88

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
NeoShweaty said:
i think elite beat agents is ouendan except the english release of it, so they had to adapt it
I think Elite Beat Agents is more of a pseudo-sequel than an adaption. The stories that occur while playing the levels are about 90% different than the ones in Ouendan, and of course the music and characthers was vastly changed.

Anyway, thats just my little rant. ;)

tune

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
shining force neo, shining tears, shining force exa, atelier iris, atelier iris eternal mana, atelier iris grand fantasm, tales of destiny 2 (the true sequel of tales of destiny)

i'm not so sure about code age commanders for the ps2 since it's a square enix product...but it didn't seem to be well received to be adopted by the us market :)

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I liked Bust a Move