live slow, die cozy | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

live slow, die cozy

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Now I get it.

I think getting to the audition or interview will be a valuable experience. It will give you an insight of what is the requirement and the expectation of the school, and what they expect their students to learn and how far extent they want them to be. From there, you will learn if you have met their expectation and possibly how high their demands are during the course and after graduating. You will probably learn what is the most likely career prospect of your future if this is the career path you decide to take. At the same time, you may learn about who are the "seniors" you will be working with in the future. I would reckon that the interviewers or judges are the film-makers (directors, script-writers, etc) who will decide your application - to accept or reject. You can also learn about their personality and character within that time when you interact with them.

Rooting for you on your upcoming audition. :^_^
Thx a lot :)
Yes, they are in fact all people from the business.
And ya, i did learn their personalities. When it comes to stuff like that, i am really sneaky. I gathered the names of the people deciding, i went to an information day and looked at them (or rather,in my case, her) and looked on what they have worked in the past.
I have modelled my application accordingly, obviously successfully.

But yes, i think the experience alone will be fun, no matter how I (or they) decide.
One task of the last examinations for example was just to go outside and roam to the city to find a person who captures your interest and write a made up story about that person and the location they sent you to.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Thx a lot :)
Yes, they are in fact all people from the business.
And ya, i did learn their personalities. When it comes to stuff like that, i am really sneaky. I gathered the names of the people deciding, i went to an information day and looked at them (or rather,in my case, her) and looked on what they have worked in the past.
I have modelled my application accordingly, obviously successfully.

But yes, i think the experience alone will be fun, no matter how I (or they) decide.
One task of the last examinations for example was just to go outside and roam to the city to find a person who captures your interest and write a made up story about that person and the location they sent you to.

That sounds so interesting. Writing a fictional story of a real life person. :Haha

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Quite is. I like direction when writing.
I also liked the last writing contest on mangahelpers due to that reason.
Sometimes limits help a lot to get something done.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Do you think writing will help to lay a good foundation for directing?

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Do you think writing will help to lay a good foundation for directing?
You can always start any project, but i don't think writing helps with that.
You will learn the foundations of directing in the uni in the first 2 semestres, but personally, i was never good at handling large projects.
It is not my thing, and that is what a director should do. I don't want to direct. I would rather do the script and then codirect with someone who handles the dirty work for me :p
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well, they told me that i am really talented and they liked most of the things i did a lot, but that i might not be fit regarding my character and exspectations to be in that school 0.o go figure what that means <:

But that kinda is a self esteem boost nontheless.
They will cal lthe final decision at november tenth.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Do you think it will be successful?

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Do you think it will be successful?
Well when i ask myself that i tend to start selfloathing me :p

I think i did lots of good and lots of bad stuff in the interview.
I made them laugh and i think i made them think i am smart and good at analysing art, but i also couldtn shut up about horror movies and they thought i only watch that stuff and am not knowledged about the german tv and movie landscape.
I assured them that in fact i know a lot about german TV shows, but i am not sure whether they believed me.
They felt that i am not a person who would 'have a favourite TV show on the german market but just analyse them when asked to'.

On the other hand, they said stuff like 'well that is something we have to work on', which implies that they at least honestly think about taking me.
They still itnerview people today, so they didnt know how good or bad the others are.

They also didnt like on thing i wrote because they felt that i 'teased' them as in wrote a very exciting build up but then jumped too fast to another scene. I explained them why i did that and the woman said 'well that is an unsatisfying answer but an answer nonetheless' while smiling, i could really not sense whether that was okay or not.

They were impressed by how i analyse things and how i build my story methodically (another story) tho.
So ya, lots good, lots bad.

I also think they like that i made friends with other contestants and worked together with them a bit and hung arround.

But ya, the bottom line is that they think i got lots of talent but are not sure whether the school is the right place for me.
I can live with that.

I was just upset that they thought i only watch some genres when it is not true.
If they decline me through a thing that is true i am fine, but not through a thing which is not. (as i said i would not be devastated or s th if they decline me, i told them that too (which might not have been smart but it is the truth :p)).

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Well when i ask myself that i tend to start selfloathing me :p

I think i did lots of good and lots of bad stuff in the interview.
I made them laugh and i think i made them think i am smart and good at analysing art, but i also couldtn shut up about horror movies and they thought i only watch that stuff and am not knowledged about the german tv and movie landscape.
I assured them that in fact i know a lot about german TV shows, but i am not sure whether they believed me.
They felt that i am not a person who would 'have a favourite TV show on the german market but just analyse them when asked to'.

On the other hand, they said stuff like 'well that is something we have to work on', which implies that they at least honestly think about taking me.
They still itnerview people today, so they didnt know how good or bad the others are.

They also didnt like on thing i wrote because they felt that i 'teased' them as in wrote a very exciting build up but then jumped too fast to another scene. I explained them why i did that and the woman said 'well that is an unsatisfying answer but an answer nonetheless' while smiling, i could really not sense whether that was okay or not.

They were impressed by how i analyse things and how i build my story methodically (another story) tho.
So ya, lots good, lots bad.

I also think they like that i made friends with other contestants and worked together with them a bit and hung arround.

But ya, the bottom line is that they think i got lots of talent but are not sure whether the school is the right place for me.
I can live with that.

I was just upset that they thought i only watch some genres when it is not true.
If they decline me through a thing that is true i am fine, but not through a thing which is not. (as i said i would not be devastated or s th if they decline me, i told them that too (which might not have been smart but it is the truth :p)).

Being sincere and honest will be the key to successful interview. If you are not truthful, the interviewers will know. Not many people are so good in acting anyway. So it will be easily exposed even though they may not say anything during the meeting.

If you succeed, it will be great for you. But if you don't, you still have your second choice, haven't you?

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Being sincere and honest will be the key to successful interview. If you are not truthful, the interviewers will know. Not many people are so good in acting anyway. So it will be easily exposed even though they may not say anything during the meeting.

If you succeed, it will be great for you. But if you don't, you still have your second choice, haven't you?
I am kind of a natural born liar in situations in which i have to, but i decided against playing a role.
After all, they did not seem malicious and it was not a job interview.
They wanted to actually judge whether this school was for me and i would fit in, and i do trust their judgement on that, i was just annoyed when i felt that they got something wrong.
If they decide against me for true things then i am absolutely fine.

And ya, i am more passionate than ever about writing.
I feel like i can do it with or without them and i will end up fine.
My plan B is actually really compelling in my mind too (masters --> tutoring for a living and writing on the side due to pleasant working times).
Well....They took me.
And I go into 'panic i have to make life decisions' mode.

They even said they liked my stuff so much that they asked whether i was fine with them publishing it in an anthology.
But....it's cozy to do nothing, isn't it? T.T
--- Double Post Merged, ---
It's a good thing that i am never go to be the leader of anything.
The first thing i'd do is devise a wellfounded plan about how to find an actually fit leader.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
is it that you dont want to lead or do you not want to carry responsibilities

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I am kind of a natural born liar in situations in which i have to, but i decided against playing a role.
After all, they did not seem malicious and it was not a job interview.
They wanted to actually judge whether this school was for me and i would fit in, and i do trust their judgement on that, i was just annoyed when i felt that they got something wrong.
If they decide against me for true things then i am absolutely fine.

And ya, i am more passionate than ever about writing.
I feel like i can do it with or without them and i will end up fine.
My plan B is actually really compelling in my mind too (masters --> tutoring for a living and writing on the side due to pleasant working times).
Well....They took me.
And I go into 'panic i have to make life decisions' mode.

They even said they liked my stuff so much that they asked whether i was fine with them publishing it in an anthology.
But....it's cozy to do nothing, isn't it? T.T
--- Double Post Merged, ---
It's a good thing that i am never go to be the leader of anything.
The first thing i'd do is devise a wellfounded plan about how to find an actually fit leader.

Congratulations for your success entry!

This is a good start and many beginnings ahead of you. :super

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Congratulations for your success entry!

This is a good start and many beginnings ahead of you. :super

Thank you , I hope so :)
One of the people i befriended got taken too, but sadly one other didnt and she is really sad now (and i was the one to tell her i was taken because i found it unfair to leave in the dark T.T).
I got enough time to think about everything, but right now? Doing math, then gaming i guess.
is it that you dont want to lead or do you not want to carry responsibilities
BOTH! Definitely both.
I am not a good leader. I am good at formulating very concrete and logical plans which have good chances to lead a group to success.
But i will not be the one convincing everyone by being inspiring and enforcing rules, and i also dont want to be the one who does all that work.

To break this to film: I want to write a script and i want it to be truthfully adapted.
But i am not the one who wants to deal with all the logistics, people involved and all that stuff.
Only the media, i can deal with the media just fine, that can be my job.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
you want your talents to be directed, not waste your talent by directing then

having that knowledge of yourself will come in handy one day :verily

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
you want your talents to be directed, not waste your talent by directing then

having that knowledge of yourself will come in handy one day :verily
Oh don't get me wrong, i can handle myself (there are 10 empty pizza boxes in my proximity but i CAN handle myself)..
I just can not handle others well.

I function best when i am mostly autarc, calmly thinking things through.
No boss, no underlings. Just eventual partners who profit from things i do (and ideally me profitting from them).

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Revive desu?

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Revive desu?
Sure, got a lot of crazy stuff to tell actually, just living under some time constraint (that is also why i didnt reply in the politics thread yet, but i will. I NEVER forget......NEVER!)

Moving kinda sucks.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Where are you moving to?
Oh, i do study that scriptwriting thing soon, so i will have to move to cologne for that.
Filmschool is in cologn.
Before i lived in aix-la-chapelle.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hey man, nice review of Yaksoku no Neverland! It's good to see :)

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hey man, nice review of Yaksoku no Neverland! It's good to see :)
I really like that manga, both as simply a good story and because i find the way it portrays a rather classic plot (if nieche) as inspiring and fresh.