Fantasy - Luffy vs Jozu | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Luffy vs Jozu

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Luffy is weak to cutting attacks, showing me him getting cut proves what exactly?
Correct. Why didnt he get cut in g4 when Doffy used the exact same attack?
but as Luffy himself has explained while using gears his abilities are multiplied and in G4 he was that much more stronger than Doffy and attacks received from him did nothing!
Yes, but no matter how much stronger he gets those defenses are because of DF. You claim that those DF defenses dont matter at all because Haki will bypass them. Do you see how you got yourself in a corner which you cant exit from?
Did you not hear Luffy tell Doffy that it was useless since he didnt stand a chance in G4?
Again, defenses due to DF which you claim are bypassed by Haki...
And i revert back t the main point show me 1 panel where haki failed to bypass a DF defence
Right there, Doffy vs g4 Luffy panels that I linked. It failed to bypass those DF defenses.
Luffy's DF defence is being immune to blunt force not cutting
Katakuri slams Luffy into the wall and he spits blood out. Where is cutting there?

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
You got this part right. Haki is mostly irrelevant in this situation. Hakiless Luffy beats armament defense simply because of greater force. In case of Katakuri he had both greater force and greater Haki so it was extra hurtful for Luffy - his hands swelling...
Not being condescending, Your 2nd sentence isnt coherent to me. Cant figure what you meant to write.

But. Good we agree and understand that Katakuri is strong enough to pummel G4; While Doffy wasnt.

They are tangible to haki clad hits. You will touch both logia and special paramecia with haki but you are touching their DF bodies, not real bodies.

Yep, exactly.

Ok, so seeing that you understand that. You/We are using semantics.

DF changes the physical composition or gives a person an ability. I.e. Rubber Man, Gas Man compared to Quake user, String User....A Gas Man would be impossible to touch or hit w/e haki or chemical components to make such gas solid..COA makes whichever part is grabbed Solid..I.E Real Body....

You don't have to like the term, but you should agree. It's a senseless debate to get into, with others. Cause so see you understand the effects COA has on DF users..

Also it's Semantics about getting through to their defense. Luffy cannot be hurt by Physical attacks. Haki is needed. That's his DF defense being broken...Being a rubber man he only shares a few natural weakness as every other human..Getting cut is one of them...With Haki any human or DF user can guard against a blade, cut or puncture. Those with DF abilities that already resist such attacks I.E Buggy cannot be cut..Will take damage against a Haki slash..& if its a Haki showdown between Buggy n someone else, Buggy would who receive a small wound, if he himself doesn't dodge the attack fully

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Correct. Why didnt he get cut in g4 when Doffy used the exact same attack?
Because in G4 he is that stronger than him to the point Doffy is fodder in comparison to that transformation

Yes, but no matter how much stronger he gets those defenses are because of DF. You claim that those DF defenses dont matter at all because Haki will bypass them. Do you see how you got yourself in a corner which you cant exit from?
Your underestimating G4 and overestimating Doffy i think, in G4 Luffy was that much stronger that is why Doffy's attacks were nothing to him, again Luffy DF defence is in regards to blunt force not cutting dont try and push abilities the Gomu Gomu no Mi doesnt have on Luffy!

Again, defenses due to DF which you claim are bypassed by Haki...
He meant his overall strength and also his ability does not give him immunity to cutting attacks, he blocked the attack thanks to his haki and strength increase from his transformation!

Right there, Doffy vs g4 Luffy panels that I linked. It failed to bypass those DF defenses.
What defence did it fail to bypass, the Gomu Gomu no Mi's defence against blunt force?

Katakuri slams Luffy into the wall and he spits blood out. Where is cutting there?
Can you please link me that panel i cant remember

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Your 2nd sentence isnt coherent to me. Cant figure what you meant to write.
Luffy without Haki beating Boa sisters defense with Haki. Greater force beats defense even with Haki. In case of Jozu the main problem is hardness of his element on which we both agree.
A Gas Man would be impossible to touch or hit w/e haki or chemical components to make such gas solid..COA makes whichever part is grabbed Solid..I.E Real Body....
Yes it makes the Gas solid but I dont think it forces that gas part into real body because, based on encounter with Caesar his head should have been blown off which it wasnt, head was completely gone after the hit, it means it remained Gas but it was a hittable gas because Haki made it hittable...
Luffy cannot be hurt by Physical attacks. Haki is needed.
Force great enough will damage Luffy - Katakuri slamming him into a wall. Lucci raping Luffy without Haki...
With Haki any human or DF user can guard against a blade, cut or puncture.
Only if their Haki is significantly stronger.
Buggy cannot be cut.
I have no idea how Buggy would deal with Haki slashes so I will hold off with my answer to that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Because in G4 he is that stronger than him to the point Doffy is fodder in comparison to that transformation
Doesn't change the fact that his Gear 4th defense is thanks to his DF, same as diamond hardness defense on Jozu is thanks to DF...
again Luffy DF defence is in regards to blunt force not cutting dont try and push abilities the Gomu Gomu no Mi doesnt have on Luffy!
Doffy couldnt do nothing to G4, he couldnt bypass defenses which were granted thanks to DF, same like Jozus defences are granted thanks to DF...
his ability does not give him immunity to cutting attacks, he blocked the attack thanks to his haki and strength increase from his transformation!
Haki is the same, it doesnt increase thanks to gears. The higher defense of G4 is thanks to DF, you claim it can be bypassed by Haki and we have a different result in Manga.
Can you please link me that panel i cant remember
Did you forget the blunt force of Lucci's Six King pistol?

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Doesn't change the fact that his Gear 4th defense is thanks to his DF, same as diamond hardness defense on Jozu is thanks to DF...
He transformed thanks to his DF but his DF's defence is being immune to blunt force!

Doffy couldnt do nothing to G4, he couldnt bypass defenses which were granted thanks to DF, same like Jozus defences are granted thanks to DF...
What defence are you talking about?
Him being able to block Doffy's cutting attacks with his haki is part of his DF's defence?

Haki is the same, it doesnt increase thanks to gears. The higher defense of G4 is thanks to DF, you claim it can be bypassed by Haki and we have a different result in Manga.

Did you forget the blunt force of Lucci's Six King pistol?
In the manga did Luffy tank with his body or block with haki?

Thanks i went and re-read the chapter and he does spit out blood from the force of hitting those mirrors and destroying the building

Also im still waiting for a panel showing haki failing to work on a DF defence

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Luffy without Haki beating Boa sisters defense with Haki. Greater force beats defense even with Haki. In case of Jozu the main problem is hardness of his element on which we both agree.

Yes it makes the Gas solid but I dont think it forces that gas part into real body because, based on encounter with Caesar his head should have been blown off which it wasnt, head was completely gone after the hit, it means it remained Gas but it was a hittable gas because Haki made it hittable...

Force great enough will damage Luffy - Katakuri slamming him into a wall. Lucci raping Luffy without Haki...

Only if their Haki is significantly stronger.

I have no idea how Buggy would deal with Haki slashes so I will hold off with my answer to that.

OK, Now I understand you. Good Example. Boa Sisters were using low form of COA. I'm sure Advance Haki is harder to surpass with brute strength, a block mochi vs Luffy's fist situation should be the outcome.

Glad we've come to an understanding. I can't speak for others. but When that term real body is thrown around, we aren't saying the person can no longer use their DF powers, like with seastone. It's simply just that they are now human when it comes to physical contact between that user. Not that their whole DF powers are now mute.....Only Black Beard with Yami DF does that, reason as to why his fruits power is strong....It's just how some like to use that term. But I understand you being technical about its usage.

Lets agree to disagree. I realize we are getting slightly off-topic.

That's a given, need not be stated. Reason to why Luffy was hurt by Doffy's cutting strings at 1st. But when in G4 it gets blocked.

Please Don't paraphrase me like that. That's definitely not what I said. Lol

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
He transformed thanks to his DF but his DF's defence is being immune to blunt force!
He was immune completely to Doffy's kick. Doffy landed a clean hit and it did nothing, he couldnt bypass the DF defences. Whether its blunt force or not he was completely immune.
What defence are you talking about?
Him being able to block Doffy's cutting attacks with his haki is part of his DF's defence?
Did you notice the elasticity in that moment? Haki is not an issue as Doffy has previously shown to be able to hurt him through his Haki. Elasticity is what changed the game, thats a defense thanks to DF and it wasnt bypassed, same like Jozu's diamond grade hardness, granted by DF, wont be bypassed by haki attacks, unless they have the force behind them capable of damaging diamond.
Also im still waiting for a panel showing haki failing to work on a DF defence
Written above, Doffy failed to bypass elasticity - defense granted thanks to DF.
In the manga did Luffy tank with his body or block with haki?
He was clad in Haki yes, which previously wasnt an issue for Doffy, but elasticity neutralized that attack...

OK, Now I understand you. Good Example. Boa Sisters were using low form of COA. I'm sure Advance Haki is harder to surpass with brute strength, a block mochi vs Luffy's fist situation should be the outcome.
Yeah, I guess Luffy would need KKG grade attack to beat block mochi if he could pull that off without haki but he cant...
Lets agree to disagree. I realize we are getting slightly off-topic.
If you mean my example with wall slam and Lucci not sure why you disagree with it when Luffy was hurt by those attacks...

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
He was immune completely to Doffy's kick. Doffy landed a clean hit and it did nothing, he couldnt bypass the DF defences. Whether its blunt force or not he was completely immune.
Did you see Luffy defend with his haki?

Did you notice the elasticity in that moment? Haki is not an issue as Doffy has previously shown to be able to hurt him through his Haki. Elasticity is what changed the game, thats a defense thanks to DF and it wasnt bypassed, same like Jozu's diamond grade hardness, granted by DF, wont be bypassed by haki attacks, unless they have the force behind them capable of damaging diamond.
Again you are failing to realise that when Luffy transforms his overall abilities get multiplied!
Show me once where haki ailed to bypass an abilities defence, and as i have said repeatedly now gomu gomu no mi's defence is blunt force dont show me panels of cutting attacks since that doesnt prove your claims correct

[/QUOTE]Written above, Doffy failed to bypass elasticity - defense granted thanks to DF.[/QUOTE]

Because Luffy blocked with haki man!

He was clad in Haki yes, which previously wasnt an issue for Doffy, but elasticity neutralized that attack...
AGAIN your not understanding Luffy's transformations, when he transforms his abilities get multiplied, elasticity didnt neutralize the attacks it absorbed the force and the attack was blocked by his HAKI

Im still waiting for you to show me a panel of a COA attack failing to do anything to a devil fruits natural defence!

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Did you see Luffy defend with his haki?
He defended with Haki before too, it didnt save him. The elasticity of G4 saved him, DF given defense.
Again you are failing to realise that when Luffy transforms his overall abilities get multiplied!
Show me once where haki ailed to bypass an abilities defence, and as i have said repeatedly now gomu gomu no mi's defence is blunt force dont show me panels of cutting attacks since that doesnt prove your claims correct
And how is that different to Jozu's defences multiplying in diamonds form?
I showed you that panel of Doffy's kick on G4, it didnt bypass his defences, Haki is irrelevant here becuase he didnt have trouble with his haki in base form. It doesnt matter if blunt force or slicing, he was completely immune to that attack, thanks to his DF, not thanks to Haki.
Because Luffy blocked with haki man!
He blocked with Haki before too and it didnt save him, Elasticity won here. We are going in circles now...
AGAIN your not understanding Luffy's transformations, when he transforms his abilities get multiplied, elasticity didnt neutralize the attacks it absorbed the force and the attack was blocked by his HAKI
I understand it, DF allowed him defense which previously wasnt possible. Haki, according to you, is supposed to bypass that DF granted defense.
Same for Jozu, DF granting him defense so good that only those attacks which have the power to damage diamond will do something. Haki wont change anything here.
If you dont mind, I would drop this here. If we didnt agree on this so far, I doubt we will any time soon. It's best to wait and see if Jozu ever comes into the play again.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
He defended with Haki before too, it didnt save him. The elasticity of G4 saved him, DF given defense.
Are you forgetting that his transformation increase his abilities?

And how is that different to Jozu's defences multiplying in diamonds form?
I showed you that panel of Doffy's kick on G4, it didnt bypass his defences, Haki is irrelevant here becuase he didnt have trouble with his haki in base form. It doesnt matter if blunt force or slicing, he was completely immune to that attack, thanks to his DF, not thanks to Haki.
You showed me panels of Luffy blocking cutting attacks, and his DF defence grants him immunity to blunt force not cutting

He blocked with Haki before too and it didnt save him, Elasticity won here. We are going in circles now...
Transformation!

I understand it, DF allowed him defense which previously wasnt possible. Haki, according to you, is supposed to bypass that DF granted defense.
Same for Jozu, DF granting him defense so good that only those attacks which have the power to damage diamond will do something. Haki wont change anything here.
If you dont mind, I would drop this here. If we didnt agree on this so far, I doubt we will any time soon. It's best to wait and see if Jozu ever comes into the play again.
Show me prove then, you still havent shown me 1 panel where a DF defence wasnt bypassed by haki!

Better you drop this here as it seems your seeing your mistakes, i just dont want to say i told you so, so just drop it here for your sake!

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Are you forgetting that his transformation increase his abilities?
And that transformation is thanks to what? Thanks to DF. DF-granted increased abilities(defense). You said haki bypasses it and we clearly see Doffy not bypassing it. You claim its bcs of Haki while he had no issue with Haki previously.
You are making a double standard here between Luffy's DF based defenses and Jozu's DF based defenses, it's the same thing. Haki wont bypass it.
You showed me panels of Luffy blocking cutting attacks, and his DF defence grants him immunity to blunt force not cutting
Even tho it was cutting attack, something that Luffy is weak against, he was unscratched lol, again, thanks to his DF based defense which Haki is supposed to bypass according to you...
Show me prove then, you still havent shown me 1 panel where a DF defence wasnt bypassed by haki!
Aside from Doffy's kick to G4 ribs there is no other instance so if you are ignoring that scene I cant help you.

Better you drop this here as it seems your seeing your mistakes, i just dont want to say i told you so, so just drop it here for your sake!
I am not dropping it for seeing a mistake, I clearly gave you examples that Haki didnt bypass DF given defences. I am dropping it because you are ignoring those scenes and we going in circles for few rounds already. If we see Jozu again, we will see who will get to say "I told you so". :toc

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
And that transformation is thanks to what? Thanks to DF. DF-granted increased abilities(defense). You said haki bypasses it and we clearly see Doffy not bypassing it. You claim its bcs of Haki while he had no issue with Haki previously.
You are making a double standard here between Luffy's DF based defenses and Jozu's DF based defenses, it's the same thing. Haki wont bypass it.
Again did Luffy tank the kick or block it with haki?

Even tho it was cutting attack, something that Luffy is weak against, he was unscratched lol, again, thanks to his DF based defense which Haki is supposed to bypass according to you...
BECAUSE he blocked with haki, he didnt tank it and depend on his rubber body blocking it!

Aside from Doffy's kick to G4 ribs there is no other instance so if you are ignoring that scene I cant help you.
Everytime we have seen haki used it has bypassed the defence given by devil fruits, you claim otherwise and yet you still haven shown me 1 panel even after 2 days of this!

I am not dropping it for seeing a mistake, I clearly gave you examples that Haki didnt bypass DF given defences. I am dropping it because you are ignoring those scenes and we going in circles for few rounds already. If we see Jozu again, we will see who will get to say "I told you so". :toc
SHOW me just 1 panel then my good man, if you cant it means you know your wrong!

p.s there is no such panel because the story has show us haki bypassing DF defenceses!

Again Luffy didnt tank with his rubber body he used haki to block BIG difference to what your claiming!:pwned

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
@Shasha23 Luffy tank'd the kick it wasn't blocked. You are debating semantics with Nik...Haki does pierce through DF defensives, as long as the person has the sufficient strength to do so. Doffy is inferior to Boundman physically. So doesn't matter that he used Haki, that still wasn't enough to hurt Boundman...Katakuri on the other hand punched Luffy in his gut with a Haki Donut Mochi Punch and it dealt Good damage.

You guys are debating the subject the the overall objective. Exceptions don't make a statement false. Haki Can Bypasses DF defensives. The special circumstance is when someone has a really strong DF ability, average or slightly above moderate users will see high resistance.

Yeah, I guess Luffy would need KKG grade attack to beat block mochi if he could pull that off without haki but he cant...

If you mean my example with wall slam and Lucci not sure why you disagree with it when Luffy was hurt by those attacks...
Block Mochi is Equal to Boundman...Ex. Boundman Punches through his Block mochi guard twice!..Boundman Is Luffy's heavy hitting form.
Snakeman on the other hand, isn't aboce Block Mochi, he was still receiving damage from clashing with Katakuri's Block Mochi.

I have to disagree with you because Oda has not consistently shown Luffy receiving Blunt damage with no Haki...Moria in an enhanced form stomped and pummeled Luffy and the kid jumped back up with no worries or injury..It's too inconsistent for me. Lucci also didn't star to do any damage until shock technique's, Jaguars have claws on their hands and feat...So yea just to inconsistent, i'm not saying your wrong. There's just room for both of us to be right

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Again did Luffy tank the kick or block it with haki?
To simplify this in hope you finally understand...

Both times Luffy shielded with Haki.
One time Doffy hurt him, the other time Doffy didnt hurt him.
Whats the difference? Only in the usage of the DF.
You claim that no matter what defences DF gives you Haki will bypass it.
As you can see Haki didnt bypass it. You claim Luffy shielded with haki, I counter with Luffy shielded the first time too and it didnt help. The only difference in those 2 inctances is application of DF, which according to you is irrelevant because Haki will bypass it whether its diamond or rubber...

If it's still not clear, I cant convince you.

Everytime we have seen haki used it has bypassed the defence given by devil fruits, you claim otherwise and yet you still haven shown me 1 panel even after 2 days of this!
Like I said, I showed you one single panel where it didnt work. Up to you if you will accept it or not but it's clearly there.

SHOW me just 1 panel then my good man, if you cant it means you know your wrong!

p.s there is no such panel because the story has show us haki bypassing DF defenceses!

Again Luffy didnt tank with his rubber body he used haki to block BIG difference to what your claiming!:pwned
As I said, shown.
He blocked with Haki in both cases, it only worked in one case and the only difference is DF application.

I wont bother with this case anymore, if you wanna think that I'm wrong do so.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
@Shasha23 Luffy tank'd the kick it wasn't blocked. You are debating semantics with Nik...Haki does pierce through DF defensives, as long as the person has the sufficient strength to do so. Doffy is inferior to Boundman physically. So doesn't matter that he used Haki, that still wasn't enough to hurt Boundman...Katakuri on the other hand punched Luffy in his gut with a Haki Donut Mochi Punch and it dealt Good damage.

You guys are debating the subject the the overall objective. Exceptions don't make a statement false. Haki Can Bypasses DF defensives. The special circumstance is when someone has a really strong DF ability, average or slightly above moderate users will see high resistance.

nik says haki only affects logia fruit users and disregards all the evidence shown in the story that haki bypasses all DF defenses not just logias!

Luffy didnt tank the hit, he blocked it, tanking is what Kaido did when Luffy was hitting him, Luffy clearly used haki to block the hit!
It doesnt matter how strong your abilities defense is, if you get cleanly hit by a haki attack you will take the damage.

Jozu might be diamond but if he gets hit by a haki attack it will damage him, the only way will be for him to also block with haki.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Jozu might be diamond but if he gets hit by a haki attack it will damage him, the only way will be for him to also block with haki.
For the sake of argument lets assume that Jozu has no CoA and that his normal defense is 0.
But the fruit provides him diamond grade defense.
Krieg-tier opponent has CoA and attacks Jozu.
What do you think will happen? WIll Jozu get injured at all?

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
To simplify this in hope you finally understand...

Both times Luffy shielded with Haki.
One time Doffy hurt him, the other time Doffy didnt hurt him.
Whats the difference? Only in the usage of the DF.
You claim that no matter what defences DF gives you Haki will bypass it.
As you can see Haki didnt bypass it. You claim Luffy shielded with haki, I counter with Luffy shielded the first time too and it didnt help. The only difference in those 2 inctances is application of DF, which according to you is irrelevant because Haki will bypass it whether its diamond or rubber...

If it's still not clear, I cant convince you.
Luffy has already stated this and ill repeat it again, when he transforms into his gears his abilities increase, thats why he can block in his transformed state and cant in his weaker normal form!
Haki didnt bypass because Luffy blocked with his haki man, if he had tanked the hit it would be a different story but he didnt, he blocked with haki!

let me simplify this for you, Goku in normal state cant block or deal damage to Jiren but after transforming he can deal damage and block why? because he transformed into a higher state that allows him to use even more power!

The reason Luffy runs out of haki so fast is because he is using more of it at once making it stronger but also he drains it faster, the level of COA he uses in his normal state is nothing compared to the level of haki he can use in his G4 form!

Like I said, I showed you one single panel where it didnt work. Up to you if you will accept it or not but it's clearly there.
Gomu Gomu no mi gives defence for blunt force show me one panel of a haki user punching Luffy and the haki attack not affecting him and ill agree with you!
Showing me a panel of a cutting attack is not prove of anything since the Gomu Gomu no Mi does not give defence for cutting attacks!

As I said, shown.
He blocked with Haki in both cases, it only worked in one case and the only difference is DF application.

I wont bother with this case anymore, if you wanna think that I'm wrong do so.
Again Luffy in base cant block because he is weaker but in G4 he can because his abilities ar multiplied allowing him to block attacks like that easily

You still have not shown me 1 panel where haki does not bypass a DF defences!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

For the sake of argument lets assume that Jozu has no CoA and that his normal defense is 0.
But the fruit provides him diamond grade defense.
Krieg-tier opponent has CoA and attacks Jozu.
What do you think will happen? WIll Jozu get injured at all?
It will deal no damage because they are not relative in strength, but for someone relative in strength to jozu lets say Katakuri, he can easily damage him using haki if Jozu does not block with his own!

You my friend have missed something here, if opponents are close in level and Jozu just tanks a COA hit with his ability and doesn't use COA to counter, he will get damaged, it doesn't matter if the person fighting him can destroy diamond or not!

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Luffy has already stated this and ill repeat it again, when he transforms into his gears his abilities increase, thats why he can block in his transformed state and cant in his weaker normal form!
And those increased abilities are granted from what? From DF. You claim they are bypassed...
Haki didnt bypass because Luffy blocked with his haki man, if he had tanked the hit it would be a different story but he didnt, he blocked with haki!
He blocked with Haki in normal form too and got damaged. Same attack blocked with Haki in g4 form didnt damage him. Why? Because of DF.
The difference is raw strength between normal form and boundman form and that difference comes from DF, something you claim should be bypassed while it clearly isn't...
The reason Luffy runs out of haki so fast is because he is using more of it at once making it stronger but also he drains it faster, the level of COA he uses in his normal state is nothing compared to the level of haki he can use in his G4 form!
He is using more of it quantity wise, not quality wise and he is suppressing his body to not expand further. CoA quality is same in both forms. I have no idea where you get that theory that Haki is better in g4 compared to normal form. No one yet claimed this before you.
Showing me a panel of a cutting attack is not prove of anything since the Gomu Gomu no Mi does not give defence for cutting attacks!
But it did exactly that, it wasnt damaged by cutting based attack, elasticity(coming from DF) based defense which wasnt bypassed by Haki clad attack.
Again Luffy in base cant block because he is weaker but in G4 he can because his abilities ar multiplied allowing him to block attacks like that easily
Haki doesnt get stronger in gear as explained before, this argument is irrelevant. His stats change only because of DF and thats something you claim is bypassed by Haki.
You my friend have missed something here, if opponents are close in level and Jozu just tanks a COA hit with his ability and doesn't use COA to counter, he will get damaged, it doesn't matter if the person fighting him can destroy diamond or not!
This is the core of our disagreement. I say there is no way to damage Jozu unless you can damage diamond. DIamond is harder than anything else we saw, it wont be bypassed by Haki if the user isnt able to damage diamond grade hardness.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
And those increased abilities are granted from what? From DF. You claim they are bypassed...
What are you on about? you lost me now!

He blocked with Haki in normal form too and got damaged. Same attack blocked with Haki in g4 form didnt damage him. Why? Because of DF.
The difference is raw strength between normal form and boundman form and that difference comes from DF, something you claim should be bypassed while it clearly isn't...
I have already answered this

He is using more of it quantity wise, not quality wise and he is suppressing his body to not expand further. CoA quality is same in both forms. I have no idea where you get that theory that Haki is better in g4 compared to normal form. No one yet claimed this before you.
Maybe i didnt word that correctly but basically in his transformed state Luffy is drawing out more of his haki and thus it
becomes stronger

But it did exactly that, it wasnt damaged by cutting based attack, elasticity(coming from DF) based defense which wasnt bypassed by Haki clad attack.
Did Luffy use his haki to block? or did he tank it with his gomu gomu no mi defence that is immune to blunt force damage?

Haki doesnt get stronger in gear as explained before, this argument is irrelevant. His stats change only because of DF and thats something you claim is bypassed by Haki.
which haki bypasses whose defence now? does Luffy's own haki bypass his own ability? is that really what your trying to say :-_-

This is the core of our disagreement. I say there is no way to damage Jozu unless you can damage diamond. DIamond is harder than anything else we saw, it wont be bypassed by Haki if the user isnt able to damage diamond grade hardness.
So to damage a defence granted by an ability you need the strength to damage said ability and haki doesnt mean anything in your eyes?
So for you haki was introduced to only work on logias and Luffy but not for other abilities? can you please explain this headcanon of your because i dont get it!

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
What are you on about? you lost me now!
What is granting him increased stats(increased defense) in G4? His DF ability. Dont get lost now lol.
Maybe i didnt word that correctly but basically in his transformed state Luffy is drawing out more of his haki and thus it
becomes stronger
Covering more of his body? Yes. But Haki itself becoming stronger? Definitely not. That is against everything we know about Haki.
Did Luffy use his haki to block? or did he tank it with his gomu gomu no mi defence that is immune to blunt force damage?
In both instances he blocked with Haki, once it protected him, the other time it didnt. Where is the difference? DF based difference.
which haki bypasses whose defence now? does Luffy's own haki bypass his own ability? is that really what your trying to say :-_-
No, that's not what I am trying to say. You claim that attackers Haki bypassed defender's DF given defences. Luffy's defense is better in G4 thanks to DF, Haki is the same so the only difference is DF given.
So to damage a defence granted by an ability you need the strength to damage said ability and haki doesnt mean anything in your eyes?
So for you haki was introduced to only work on logias and Luffy but not for other abilities? can you please explain this headcanon of your because i dont get it!
Basically yes. You wont destroy Pica's rocks if you dont have the power to destroy rocks. Applying Haki to it will just make your attack stronger a bit.
The same case for Jozu, he wouldn't be anything special if it was that easy.
Armament Haki simply reinforces your attacks, the core of the attack is still the raw power behind it, Haki is just an additional layer.
Against Logias, it will allow the user to touch them and treat their DF bodies as solid objects even tho they arent solid. Against already tangible bodies like Luffy's, it will simply make the attack stronger. Luffy may be a special case as there have been some irregularities with him iirc but Jozu isnt.
For example, if the attacker isnt strong enough to damage diamond but is really close to it then application of Haki will push him above that threshold. However, if the attacker is nowhere close to damaging diamond then application of Haki wont change anything.
If Jozu additionally supports his diamond grade hardness with Haki then it becomes slightly even harder...

Bah, this got me tired :feelsbadman

Last edited: