Character - Madam Isabella Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Madam Isabella Discussion Thread

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hmm, the Krone thing is a good point, but how I see it, didn't she ask for help from Grandma there? Grandma works for the demons, basically, she's lower in the hierarchy tree. And she supervises Mama directly. There should be frequent and constant communication between them.
Plus, her reasons for asking for Krone, wasn't it to throw off the kids? And limit their actions since there were some things she was doing by herself? It wasn't exactly mandatory, but her calling the demons this chapter was mandatory.
In this chapter, she asked the demons directly. Those are the top of the hierarchy tree in this world, meaning Grandma also answers to them. So by Isabella contacting them:
-They're aware of the situation.
-They can also help in controlling the situation, since losing the kids is also a blow to them.
Unless they're planning to sit back and let Isabella handle it, I think in a way this spares her from their wrath later on. Plus, the circumstances themselves are beyond her control. No one would have expected a fire. If they had escaped via other means, I think she'd be held responsible, but as it is now, she can't exactly be blamed for the escape.
How do you think she'd answer to her superiors though? :hmm A warning?
I wasn't arguing the logistics of who she asked for help and why she did in regards to Krone. Whether it was Grandma or the demons, the fact remains she still requested help from a superior. The rules dictate that once a child finds out the truth about the system it should be reported and dealt with accordingly, whether the child is shipped out or outright killed, I don't know. But she failed to do it not once but twice. The circumstances are only beyond her control because she allowed it to get to that point. It was a domino effect. She failed to deal with Ray, who in turn told/enlisted the help of Norman and Emma, who in turn told Gilda and Don, who in turn told the other kids, and here we are. It all leads back to Isabella's carelessness.

The only way I see her escaping severe punishment by her superiors is if she makes it seem like she didn't know they had found out the secret. Krone was the only one who knew that Isabella broke protocol and she's been eliminated. I think Grandma values Isabella enough to keep her secret, but i'm not completely confident on that since she did refer to her as a pawn. But Isabella is in no way innocent here, maybe i'm being harsh but imo this situation is 100% her fault.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
The rules dictate that once a child finds out the truth about the system it should be reported and dealt with accordingly, whether the child is shipped out or outright killed, I don't know. But she failed to do it not once but twice. The circumstances are only beyond her control because she allowed it to get to that point.
I don't think this is that glaring a problem, since even when Krone told Grandma, she wasn't that surprised. Maybe kids try to escape all the time and they've gotten used to it by now? I don't think Isabella can be faulted for not reporting.
She failed to deal with Ray, who in turn told/enlisted the help of Norman and Emma, who in turn told Gilda and Don, who in turn told the other kids, and here we are. It all leads back to Isabella's carelessness.
But she dealt with Ray by immediately dismissing him. Keep in mind Mama still has to make sure the goods are in tip top condition. She can't exactly go around breaking all their legs like she did with Emma (and even there, she was pretty smart since Emma has the best physical stats out of all them, and it was so prevent Norman from moving). The most she could do was detain him and also remove him from being her spy.
I wouldn't call it carelessness as much as counting her chicks too early. She did what she could, and expected the kids to give up after that. Like she did. Plus she also observed them for those 2 months before Ray's shipment. I don't know, I just don't think Isabella can be blamed much for this ordeal
But Isabella is in no way innocent here, maybe i'm being harsh but imo this situation is 100% her fault.
I think the only thing she can be blamed for, is letting Emma out of her sight at the beginning. That's where the domino effect started. Plus, keep in mind the kids planned this for 2 months. Isabella didn't expect them to enlist the help of the other kids.
This situation would be:
20%-Her overconfidence
80%-The kids outwitting her.
They deserve some of the credit here imo.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I don't think this is that glaring a problem, since even when Krone told Grandma, she wasn't that surprised. Maybe kids try to escape all the time and they've gotten used to it by now? I don't think Isabella can be faulted for not reporting.
Just because she wasn't surprised doesn't mean she knew. She mentioned she dealt with a similar situation so it could just be the faith she has in Isabella, considering Isabella was the one that tried escaping from her. So if she could handle it so could Isabella. At least that's the way I see it. Also Grandma is a much more shady character than Isabella is. It's no surprise that she would be unbothered by things like the rules considering her position. Look at Krone's completely opposite reaction:
Isabella was more concerned about the farms reputation, a trait she shares with Grandma considering in the panel you posted she all but says the same thing. Isabella just seems to be following Grandma's example, which includes disregarding the rules. So if we're going by Grandma's POV then Isabella not reporting isn't a big deal "as long as things are under control". But if we're going by the rules set by those even higher than Grandma, then she not only should have reported it, but she should have prepared Ray to be shipped out immediately.
But she dealt with Ray by immediately dismissing him. Keep in mind Mama still has to make sure the goods are in tip top condition. She can't exactly go around breaking all their legs like she did with Emma (and even there, she was pretty smart since Emma has the best physical stats out of all them, and it was so prevent Norman from moving). The most she could do was detain him and also remove him from being her spy.
I wouldn't call it carelessness as much as counting her chicks too early. She did what she could, and expected the kids to give up after that. Like she did. Plus she also observed them for those 2 months before Ray's shipment. I don't know, I just don't think Isabella can be blamed much for this ordeal
Dismissing someone isn't dealing with them. And as previously stated "dealing with Ray" in this instance would have been to ship him out regardless of his "potential". What Isabella did was the equivalent of ignoring a wound and allowing it to fester. Eventually it was bound to get infected, which is what happened to her farm. I'm really not talking about what happened with the plan and breaking legs etc, i'm talking about allowing a 6 year old Ray to continue co existing with other smart children. Isabella's mistake was thinking her kids are like her the way she is like Grandma. It's ok if you don't think she's responsible. I see it differently but we can agree to disagree :D
I think the only thing she can be blamed for, is letting Emma out of her sight at the beginning. That's where the domino effect started. Plus, keep in mind the kids planned this for 2 months. Isabella didn't expect them to enlist the help of the other kids.
This situation would be:
20%-Her overconfidence
80%-The kids outwitting her.
They deserve some of the credit here imo.
Well you're only thinking presently. The domino effect started 6 years ago when a 6 year old Ray told Isabella he knew the truth and she decided it wasn't important enough to report. I will give Ray some credit though. He managed to get "gifts" out of her that's currently contributing to her downfall.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I just realized something. Last chapter, we were under the impression that Isabella sent Norman to the human world, after learning that the path to the human world was in Grace Field. But after seeing Adam this chapter, plus this panel:
There is a chance Norman was sent to this place. Pure speculation, I'm basing this on nothing else but Occam's Razor. And in the previous chapter, we had this:
If Norman was indeed sent to this Trial Plantation, my guess is also that Isabella was sent there. Initially I was under the impression that the reason Isabella wasn't around anymore was because she was promoted to the position of Grandma. This was because I was operating under the assumption that the higher up system in Neverland was heavily flawed, much like it is in One Piece. We saw a glimpse of this when Smoker got a promotion after Crocodile's defeat, yet in no way being responsible for his defeat. But the mention of this new plantation gives me another idea. Since it's brand new, and we know it isn't the best like Grace Field, we obviously know it needs maintenance and manpower to maintain. What better way to punish Isabella than my transferring her here to the new plantation and having her run it? It's like demoting a high ranking office worker to being a janitor due to a grievous mistake they made in work.
TL: DR-Isabella is the Mama at the Trial Plantation.

deyna

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
i agree. they wouldn't simply fire isabella just because of 1 mistake. she's the best mama in the plantation so of course they still need her service.