Theory - Mael's use of sunshine is different than escanor | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Mael's use of sunshine is different than escanor

the powerscaller

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
from what I've seen that when ludoshel said about near to noon mael we saw a picture of mael behind and that was without any buff.
Even Elizabeth could not recognize when escanor used it and why because mael used it differently than escanor.
as we have seen mael wears an perfect body fitting armor whereas escanor wears very big dresses than his size because during sun time he gets buffed.
He might be totally magical type of sunshine user
what do others think

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
The blessing should work the same mechanically on every user despite differences in the host, Ludoshel basically confirmed this when he guessed how Escanor's blessing worked on the premise of Mael's - that he grows stronger as the sun rises.

Basically, the blessings should work the same, but if there is any difference it's probably because Nakaba wants to make Escanor have something unique to him.

Even Elizabeth could not recognize when escanor used it and why because mael used it differently than escanor.
This is incorrect. Ludoshel understood how sun worked on Mael very competently - Elizabeth just never identified Escanor's power as her mother's blessing because Nakaba simply didn't want it revealed.

Otherwise, 10C's + Meliodas + Merlin + Elizabeth don't have a clue what sunshine is.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
With the reveal that Ludo is at 201,000, Mael's Sun has to work identically to Escanor's.
We assumed it didn't because Meliodas in his demon mode put up a fight against him, but not once did we consider the fact that that Meliodas was around 200,000.

If Mael's base is 88,000, then at around 11:30 he has a power level of 202,000. That sounds about right; perhaps it is slightly higher, depending on his base.

the powerscaller

Reaction score
Country
India
The blessing should work the same mechanically on every user despite differences in the host, Ludoshel basically confirmed this when he guessed how Escanor's blessing worked on the premise of Mael's - that he grows stronger as the sun rises.

Basically, the blessings should work the same, but if there is any difference it's probably because Nakaba wants to make Escanor have something unique to him.

This is incorrect. Ludoshel understood how sun worked on Mael very competently - Elizabeth just never identified Escanor's power as her mother's blessing because Nakaba simply didn't want it revealed.

Otherwise, 10C's + Meliodas + Merlin + Elizabeth don't have a clue what sunshine is.
but maybe only his magical powers increases I mean he may have much more than just cruel sun and pride flare
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
With the reveal that Ludo is at 201,000, Mael's Sun has to work identically to Escanor's.
We assumed it didn't because Meliodas in his demon mode put up a fight against him, but not once did we consider the fact that that Meliodas was around 200,000.

If Mael's base is 88,000, then at around 11:30 he has a power level of 202,000. That sounds about right; perhaps it is slightly higher, depending on his base.
i think even higher cause its near to noon and ludoshel said that he could not even hope to compete with him during that time excluding the one mode which should be way above than that.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
i think even higher cause its near to noon and ludoshel said that he could not even hope to compete with him during that time excluding the one mode which should be way above than that.
Possible. If his base were 100,000, he'd be at 214,000 around that time. Just before noon, he'd be around 230,000 perhaps.
As The One? Who knows.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Mael's base can't be this weak... otherwise Ludoshel wouldn't have commented that it was beyond his ability to compare himself to his otouto-san when it came close to noon.

Plus, if Ludoshel's base is 201,000 - why give the most important blessing to a weaker member of the Four Archangels?

but maybe only his magical powers increases I mean he may have much more than just cruel sun and pride flare

Maybe Escanor's physical strength increases a lot more in sun in comparison to Mael who gets magical strength?

Would be a good difference giving Mael's magic (ark) would benefit a lot more from this, whilst Escanor wouldn't.

Imagine 300,000 cruel sun + ark combo :derp

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Mael's base can't be this weak... otherwise Ludoshel wouldn't have commented that it was beyond his ability to compare himself to his otouto-san when it came close to noon.

Plus, if Ludoshel's base is 201,000 - why give the most important blessing to a weaker member of the Four Archangels?
Well, he was ~200,000 with four decrees. That gives us some idea of where he stands.
Besides, we don't know if Flash gives Ludo a power boost.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Well, he was ~200,000 with four decrees. That gives us some idea of where he stands.
Hawk-chan simply said ''He's above 200,000!''.

Could've mean't any number from 200,001-299,999.

I'm sure Sariel wouldn't call Mael the strongest of the Four Archangels if his base is that weak without sun...

Besides, we don't know if Flash gives Ludo a power boost.
I don't believe the blessings act as a PL boost unless absorbed, in similar fashion to the decree's.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Hawk-chan simply said ''He's above 200,000!''.

Could've mean't any number from 200,001-299,999.

I'm sure Sariel wouldn't call Mael the strongest of the Four Archangels if his base is that weak without sun...
I'm pretty sure it was meant that his PL is close to 200,000 rather than an implication that it could be anywhere within the 200,000-300,000 range.
Regardless, if his base were as strong as Ludo's, he'd be above 300,000 with the decrees.

I don't believe the blessings act as a PL boost unless absorbed, in similar fashion to the decree's.
Neither do I, but the power difference is pretty insane.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it was meant that his PL is close to 200,000 rather than an implication that it could be anywhere within the 200,000-300,000 range.
Regardless, if his base were as strong as Ludo's, he'd be above 300,000 with the decrees.

The decrees could have actually weakened him overall rather then giving him power. (Remember how he lost his wings? That may very well have meant that he got a magical increase but his physical and mental power was all but gone leaving only the magic power of the decrees.)

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
The decrees could have actually weakened him overall rather then giving him power. (Remember how he lost his wings? That may very well have meant that he got a magical increase but his physical and mental power was all but gone leaving only the magic power of the decrees.)
But he objectively became stronger? He began to be weakened while holding them but his 4C self was more powerful than 3C Mael.

the powerscaller

Reaction score
Country
India

welll i agree with you but there is also another thing is that why would SD give her most powerful grace to such a weak guy I mean if ludo is

well that's right but at the same time why would SD give her grace to someone who Is this weak??? also if you take by mael's statement he said that ludo and eliz were equal to Mel but he has also said that he became the strongest archangel and was called the Angel of death..
Even gowther who did this him had two purposes that is one for his lover and the other thing is that he was incredibly powerful and he would be the reason for the goddess eternal seal which means rather than only near to noon and one mode he was stronger at other times too
w
But he objectively became stronger? He began to be weakened while holding them but his 4C self was more powerful than 3C Mael.
well the commandments were eating more of his own real power and were giving less of their power
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Maybe Escanor's physical strength increases a lot more in sun in comparison to Mael who gets magical strength?

Would be a good difference giving Mael's magic (ark) would benefit a lot more from this, whilst Escanor wouldn't.

ludo base is not 201000 that's with his grace activated.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

ark combo I don't think that's much interesting only that 300k+ cruel sun sounds interesting

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It probably is, Nakaba will want Escanor to be special, plus the names of the magics are different and i think theres a reason for that. Escanor also gets really buff, unlike Mael.

the powerscaller

Reaction score
Country
India
It probably is, Nakaba will want Escanor to be special, plus the names of the magics are different and i think theres a reason for that. Escanor also gets really buff, unlike Mael.
yes I think escanor gets more physical strength where as mael gets more magical power

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Mael & SD are both of Goddess origin, Escanor is not. The SD'd Grace reacting so differently with Escanor shouldn't be too strange imo. I don't see her turning into a beefed up, grotesque mass nor do I see Mael doing so. I see them being enveloped completely by nuclear energy.

Think of Meliodas. If strong Humans ingested his blood, provided they could survive it, some might turn into building sized monstrosites in the process. Meliodas himself is a short dude not a giant yet a portion of him (his blood) could have such an effect.

Meliodas PoD would have the same effect. If he injected some PoD to Humans strong enough to withstand it, the Mel's PoD might drastically change their Human's physiology (remember what Estarossa did to that bird?).

Sunshine is a Goddess power, most compatible with Goddesses.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
ludo base is not 201000 that's with his grace activated.
Blessing's don't increase PL - they are simply powerful magical abilities bestowed to the Four Archangels by the Supreme Deity. The exception to this rule is sun though, given it works to increase PL based on the time of day.

the powerscaller

Reaction score
Country
India
Blessing's don't increase PL - they are simply powerful magical abilities bestowed to the Four Archangels by the Supreme Deity. The exception to this rule is sun though, given it works to increase PL based on the time of day.
wait what where is it stated by the way
Mael & SD are both of Goddess origin, Escanor is not. The SD'd Grace reacting so differently with Escanor shouldn't be too strange imo. I don't see her turning into a beefed up, grotesque mass nor do I see Mael doing so. I see them being enveloped completely by nuclear energy.

Think of Meliodas. If strong Humans ingested his blood, provided they could survive it, some might turn into building sized monstrosites in the process. Meliodas himself is a short dude not a giant yet a portion of him (his blood) could have such an effect.

Meliodas PoD would have the same effect. If he injected some PoD to Humans strong enough to withstand it, the Mel's PoD might drastically change their Human's physiology (remember what Estarossa did to that bird?).

Sunshine is a Goddess power, most compatible with Goddesses.
so in this sense we can say that somehow escanor is a very strong human cause he was able to hold the grace so long

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
wait what where is it stated by the way

so in this sense we can say that somehow escanor is a very strong human cause he was able to hold the grace so long
well if we were to examine Escanor according to PL, he is actually an exceptionally weak Human, considerably below the average man; however because Escanor have suvived up till this point with Sunshine, I say he's a "special" case.

1) Could be because he is sooooooo weak? (I find this theory having 3.9 % chance)

2) Could be because of Escanor's innate magic helping him, preventing him from total obliteration from Sunshine (96% chance)

3) Because Nakaba... (0.1%)

the powerscaller

Reaction score
Country
India
well if we were to examine Escanor according to PL, he is actually an exceptionally weak Human, considerably below the average man; however because Escanor have suvived up till this point with Sunshine, I say he's a "special" case.

1) Could be because he is sooooooo weak? (I find this theory having 3.9 % chance)

2) Could be because of Escanor's innate magic helping him, preventing him from total obliteration from Sunshine (96% chance)

3) Because Nakaba... (0.1%)
I'll go with number 2